Page 576 of 695 FirstFirst ... 556566568569570571572573574575576577578579580581582583584586596 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 6944

Thread: PAL Wait Time

yesterday I dream my pal was issued.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewaze View Post
    This has been my timeline so far here (Ontario) and yeah it sucks b@llzzzzzz

- Mailed application end of May ish
    - Was recieved on June 16th
    - As of approx Sept 9th when I checked my status online it said “completed inital review”
    - Today, Oct 5th, still sayin the same dam thing grrrrrr!!!
    Dude, I'm also in Ontario, mine was received by them in May, my CC was charged and it's been in "initial review complete" stage since August 13. Still nothing.

I thought I would get it by September for sure like all these other people who had their CC charged way after me. I called, I emailed. Both times I was told very curtly "it's a 9 month wait, you're well under that, call us after 9 months".

Literally zero hope. I watched; in anticipation of getting a handgun, the dwindling inventories, watched them get into the low single digits to being sold out basically everywhere. Watched as I reluctantly lowered my standards to basically anything left on the shelf. Watched as other people with a CC charged in friggin September get their card in their hand already and purchasing the last few remaining guns.

To say this is incredibly frustrating and disheartening is an understatement.

And just for clarity, all my answers were No's and I have a clean criminal record. I can't imagine why it's taking this long. Maybe because I was born in another country? Even though I've lived here since I was 8 and I'm 33.

I don't know man, I'm sick of this garbage. Maybe I'll get it in the new year when all firearms will be banned by then knowing this government....

Quote Originally Posted by CdnLibertarian View Post
    Dude, I'm also in Ontario, mine was received by them in May, my CC was charged and it's been in "initial review complete" stage since August 13. Still nothing.

I thought I would get it by September for sure like all these other people who had their CC charged way after me. I called, I emailed. Both times I was told very curtly "it's a 9 month wait, you're well under that, call us after 9 months".

Literally zero hope. I watched; in anticipation of getting a handgun, the dwindling inventories, watched them get into the low single digits to being sold out basically everywhere. Watched as I reluctantly lowered my standards to basically anything left on the shelf. Watched as other people with a CC charged in friggin September get their card in their hand already and purchasing the last few remaining guns.

To say this is incredibly frustrating and disheartening is an understatement.

And just for clarity, all my answers were No's and I have a clean criminal record. I can't imagine why it's taking this long. Maybe because I was born in another country? Even though I've lived here since I was 8 and I'm 33.

I don't know man, I'm sick of this garbage. Maybe I'll get it in the new year when all firearms will be banned by then knowing this government....
    this is the same point im at. received in may, charged beginning of august and have just been sitting. im not even mad anymore, just disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by bondylee View Post
    yesterday I dream my pal was issued.
    i've had this happen a couple times lmao. it hurts to wake up ahaha

I'm also in Ontario. It took 7 months for mine to get approved. Much longer for my actual PAL to arrive in the mail.

I already have my pal but not rpal. This is for an upgrade and by having one does not give you an advantage at all to get it faster for an upgrade. It's like starting from nothing. That's why do both pal and rpal for first application. I just didn't apply for rpal because I thought you needed to be a range member and that's not the case. You can still get it but then for the ATT you need to be a range member. My cc was charged Sept 14th.

Ontario applicant here

Did my exam Nov 2021recieved my test back January application recieved feb 3rd 2022 credit card charged April 14th and still says they have done initial.review blah blah blah.its now Oct 6th.nithing in mail.any what's ontarios cfo extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Moosker View Post
    Did my exam Nov 2021recieved my test back January application recieved feb 3rd 2022 credit card charged April 14th and still says they have done initial.review blah blah blah.its now Oct 6th.nithing in mail.any what's ontarios cfo extension?
    That's ridiculous. People are lucky in AB, they are expanding the CFO office to speed up the process.

NEW ONTARIO PAL / RPAL
    (no record, all no's, did not call or email CFP)

CFSC/CRFSC Completed: June 18-19, 2022
    CFSC/CRFSC forms arrive back from CFO: July 21, 2022
    Mailed via Registered Xpress to RCMP: July 22, 2022
    Application arrived at RCMP: July 25, 2022
    CC Charged and Application viewable online: September 29, 2022
    Application Approved Online: October 6, 2022
    Card in hand: ???

Hope this helps people out. If anyone knows how long shipping usually takes let me know? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbholer View Post
    NEW ONTARIO PAL / RPAL
    (no record, all no's, did not call or email CFP)

CFSC/CRFSC Completed: June 18-19, 2022
    CFSC/CRFSC forms arrive back from CFO: July 21, 2022
    Mailed via Registered Xpress to RCMP: July 22, 2022
    Application arrived at RCMP: July 25, 2022
    CC Charged and Application viewable online: September 29, 2022
    Application Approved Online: October 6, 2022
    Card in hand: ???

Hope this helps people out. If anyone knows how long shipping usually takes let me know? Cheers
    Mine took exactly 2 weeks for the card to show up.