Page 576 of 687 FirstFirst ... 556566568569570571572573574575576577578579580581582583584586596 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,760 of 6865

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by AR92 View Post
    If you watch the first debate on the committee regarding bill c-21 you will see there were lots of questions by the conservatives of course which are against it of course and also both the NDP and Bloc Quebecois. They need the support of either the Bloc Quebecois or NDP to get the bill through. The first meeting was done later than expected and now they don't even have the second committee meeting scheduled. This could be on the committee for several months before it goes anywhere if it even passes this stage at all. It's in the CFO's best interest not to get this bill through also because that will mean many of those CFO office job positions will be cut as transfers will no longer be possible for handguns and that makes up a significant percentage for transfers.
    I hope your view is correct for selfish reasons and my brothers here. I just have very little faith in trudeau and singh's respect for answering real questions given the handgun ~freeze~ ban (let's call it for what it is, quack test and all), they don't care about answering those questions as long as they get their votes, which imo most of ndp would vote for it since they're really liberal's lapdogs anyway. one or two dissents is great for ndp to show "see? we tried!"

The liberals sometimes do stand back when they get too many complaints. Passing a bill is a complex procedure and the liberals just threw unrealistic deadline dates to have this become law. They said it would be in effect by thanksgiving and looks way off. Just look at other bills and look at the timelines and you will see it usually takes much longer.

My timeline (Alberta) for upgrading to a restricted Pal from a non-restricted:

June 28th - Both my brothers and my application sent via Xpress
    July 4th - Application received.
    Sept 14th - CC charged for both applications.
    Sept 14th - Status changed to we have completed the initial review of your firearms license application.
    Oct 3 - I called just to ask if there were any issues with my license and what stage it was currently in.
    Oct 4 - Your application has been processed and your license has been issued.
    Oct 5 - My brother's status has also changed to; Your application has been processed and your license has been issued. He didn't call the CFO.

No references called. No cards in the mail yet.
    Proud member of the CCFR and the CPC.

Quote Originally Posted by AR92 View Post
    The liberals sometimes do stand back when they get too many complaints. Passing a bill is a complex procedure and the liberals just threw unrealistic deadline dates to have this become law. They said it would be in effect by thanksgiving and looks way off. Just look at other bills and look at the timelines and you will see it usually takes much longer.

But pistol was banned to import, so ....

yesterday I dream my pal was issued.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewaze View Post
    This has been my timeline so far here (Ontario) and yeah it sucks b@llzzzzzz

- Mailed application end of May ish
    - Was recieved on June 16th
    - As of approx Sept 9th when I checked my status online it said “completed inital review”
    - Today, Oct 5th, still sayin the same dam thing grrrrrr!!!
    Dude, I'm also in Ontario, mine was received by them in May, my CC was charged and it's been in "initial review complete" stage since August 13. Still nothing.

I thought I would get it by September for sure like all these other people who had their CC charged way after me. I called, I emailed. Both times I was told very curtly "it's a 9 month wait, you're well under that, call us after 9 months".

Literally zero hope. I watched; in anticipation of getting a handgun, the dwindling inventories, watched them get into the low single digits to being sold out basically everywhere. Watched as I reluctantly lowered my standards to basically anything left on the shelf. Watched as other people with a CC charged in friggin September get their card in their hand already and purchasing the last few remaining guns.

To say this is incredibly frustrating and disheartening is an understatement.

And just for clarity, all my answers were No's and I have a clean criminal record. I can't imagine why it's taking this long. Maybe because I was born in another country? Even though I've lived here since I was 8 and I'm 33.

I don't know man, I'm sick of this garbage. Maybe I'll get it in the new year when all firearms will be banned by then knowing this government....

Quote Originally Posted by CdnLibertarian View Post
    Dude, I'm also in Ontario, mine was received by them in May, my CC was charged and it's been in "initial review complete" stage since August 13. Still nothing.

I thought I would get it by September for sure like all these other people who had their CC charged way after me. I called, I emailed. Both times I was told very curtly "it's a 9 month wait, you're well under that, call us after 9 months".

Literally zero hope. I watched; in anticipation of getting a handgun, the dwindling inventories, watched them get into the low single digits to being sold out basically everywhere. Watched as I reluctantly lowered my standards to basically anything left on the shelf. Watched as other people with a CC charged in friggin September get their card in their hand already and purchasing the last few remaining guns.

To say this is incredibly frustrating and disheartening is an understatement.

And just for clarity, all my answers were No's and I have a clean criminal record. I can't imagine why it's taking this long. Maybe because I was born in another country? Even though I've lived here since I was 8 and I'm 33.

I don't know man, I'm sick of this garbage. Maybe I'll get it in the new year when all firearms will be banned by then knowing this government....
    this is the same point im at. received in may, charged beginning of august and have just been sitting. im not even mad anymore, just disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by bondylee View Post
    yesterday I dream my pal was issued.
    i've had this happen a couple times lmao. it hurts to wake up ahaha

I'm also in Ontario. It took 7 months for mine to get approved. Much longer for my actual PAL to arrive in the mail.

I already have my pal but not rpal. This is for an upgrade and by having one does not give you an advantage at all to get it faster for an upgrade. It's like starting from nothing. That's why do both pal and rpal for first application. I just didn't apply for rpal because I thought you needed to be a range member and that's not the case. You can still get it but then for the ATT you need to be a range member. My cc was charged Sept 14th.