Page 578 of 687 FirstFirst ... 558568570571572573574575576577578579580581582583584585586588598 ... LastLast
Results 5,771 to 5,780 of 6865

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Finally got thru to the Ontario CFO today asked them why some applications are approved in less then two weeks while others are taking months and they have no answer. I don't mind waiting my turn but the applications should be processed in the order received. Was told approval could take up to 9 months and to check back with them in 4-5 months if I haven't heard anything. The system in broken and the government seems fine with it that way.

BC Update
    New PAL/RPAL Application received on: 07-April-2022
    Credit Card Charged after 3 months on: 07-July-2022
    Application approved after 6 months on: 07-Oct-2022

Called many times to 1-800-731-4000 - 1 (English) - 1 (Known extension) - 9530 (The Chief Firearms Office (CFO) of British Columbia) and always got hung up(we apologies not answering).
    Today mistakenly typed extension as 9531 instead of 9530 and placed on wait for only 5 minutes,
    very pleasant lady answered and ask for my Application Number, then she ask me to send her by email my citizenship certificate copies.
    While waiting on the line for another 5 minutes, she told me All Approved!!
    Now I see status has been updated on the website to:
    Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000).

Today Exact 6 month since application received.

Good luck to all!

Quote Originally Posted by mossad View Post
    Did you able to reach CFO in BC?
    Yes call them with the 1,1, 9530 for bc cfo.
    Morning seemed to be the best time to call. After 12pm you won’t get through on the call they are way to busy.

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF905 View Post
    Finally got thru to the Ontario CFO today asked them why some applications are approved in less then two weeks while others are taking months and they have no answer. I don't mind waiting my turn but the applications should be processed in the order received. Was told approval could take up to 9 months and to check back with them in 4-5 months if I haven't heard anything. The system in broken and the government seems fine with it that way.
    YES!

I also called and was told the same BS....this infuriates me to no end. This is the service (or lack thereof) that so many of us have just come to accept from our bureaucrats...disgruntled and miserable government workers who get angry with you when you (a taxpayer who pays their salary) have the nerve to ask why their service is complete and utter trash.

Update

App received July 8, 2022
    Card charged Sept 20, 2022
    License issued Sept 30, 2022
    License received Oct 7, 2022

No calls made during the process but I certainly thought about it, as you can't tell if they received the app until your card is charged. I assume that the "Application Received" date is entered from a stamp on the envelope, otherwise it wouldn't make sense that you can't see this until the credit card charge.

Which province?

CGN Regular
    Didn’t think this was going to happen, especially right before long weekend!

Called Ontario CFO this morning to see if there is anything missing on my app as I had to change my CC to another one (compromised). Was told application is in the photo scan queue, then onto CFO ON for review.

Been checking all day, status didn’t change. Logged in tonight just for giggles, and surprises to see the message I have been hoping for!

Your application has been processed
    and your licence has been issued. If
    you have not received your licence
    within 2 weeks please contact the
    Canadian Firearms Program Toll
    Free number (1-800-731-4000).

Was giving up hope, didn’t think my application was going to be approved any time soon, or in time before the freeze. I may have just made it, fingers crossed.

Ontario:
    App received July 22, 2022
    App status appeared Sept 27, 2022
    Card charged Sept 28, 2022 (had to call in to change/charge cc)
    License issued October 7, 2022

Going to call CFP/CFO first thing Tuesday to get my PAL and then going shopping!

Hold your horses Liberals, let me get a few guns first!

Final Update

My Timeline (BC applicant),

Mailed: July 11, 2022
    Delivered: July 15, 2022
    CC Charged: Sep 24, 2022
    Initial review completed: Sep 24, 2022
    License Issued: Oct 7, 2022
    Card in Hand: ?

Called 1-800-731-4000 (1-5-2) twice, first time they said that they are processing the photo and the second time they said that the license has been sent to the CFO.

Called 1-800-731-4000 (1-1-9530) twice the first time they kept me on hold and then the officer said that all looks good but she can not approve the application as of now as I need to submit a PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) or a letter of good conduct from the previous country I lived in as it has been less than 5 years since I came to Canada. I called them again the next day after sending them the doc to make sure they received it and they approved it half an hour after the call.

I'm still waiting on mine, sent in app March, payment processed in june. Still no reference checks. i just hope i get it soon. I need to go shopping dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by AR92 View Post
    Which province?
    Alberta