Page 580 of 687 FirstFirst ... 560570572573574575576577578579580581582583584585586587588590600 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 6865

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    So it was a RPAL renewal . Mailed Aug. 23 , CC charged Sept 9 , card in hand Oct. 11 . Must have been a good boy !

Quote Originally Posted by Blackforestham View Post
    okay boys and girls. so i just heard back from my MP after filing a complaint about the crazy wait times and specifically about kam. they have switched my application from his office to another and are looking into him because i guess other people have said similar things about his automated emails, lack of communication and lengthy quoted wait times.

Ontario does have a rather large queue. so it looks like we will still have quite a wait, but hopefully they either bring in more people or at least make kam get to work!

id recommend contacting your MP if you got kam.
    What if your MP is a liberal? Or are we supposed to contact our MPP?

Quote Originally Posted by easton91 View Post
    Which province? Nearly the same timeline for me as well but I'm in ON and I mailed my proof-of-pass separately 6 days later.

Good luck!
    From QC. I did see some posts after mine from Ontario who submitted around the same time I did who are already approved. Good luck to you as well.

my mp is liberal, still helped me out

Just heard from the Alberta CFO team from the email Isent over a month ago. They said up to 16-18 months for new applications (?!?!), 6-8 months for renewals, 3-4 months for transfers.

On top of this, they say they haven't received my application yet and that it is still waiting for review from the Canadian firearms program. It hasn't been sent to them yet? This is opposite of what was said to me several times by the CFP and ABCFO previously, that it's been with the ABCFO since March. Did... they... lose my application after 11 months of waiting?
    Last edited by rainbird; 10-13-2022 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbird View Post
    Just heard from the Alberta CFO team from the email Isent over a month ago. They said up to 16-18 months for new applications (?!?!), 6-8 months for renewals, 3-4 months for transfers.

On top of this, they say they haven't received my application yet and that it is still waiting for review from the Canadian firearms program. It hasn't been sent to them yet? This is opposite of what was said to me several times by the CFP and ABCFO previously, that it's been with the ABCFO since March. Did... they... lose my application after 11 months of waiting?
    Wait that doesn't sound right.. iirc there're a few folks here from AB that got it in 2-3 months of application for new PAL. I'd suggest you try and call in (can be a bit of a chore to call and try again, and again, until you get on the waiting list to talk to someone) and check on your application.

Bc pal/ rpal
    Application received july 4 2022
    Cc charged September 14
    Oct 13 th 2022 I called cfo bc… today there was a nice lady on phone put me on hold for 10 minutes and then she said my application is approved and will receive card in two weeks
    Card in hand ….?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaad2022 View Post
    Bc pal/ rpal
    Application received july 4 2022
    Cc charged September 14
    Oct 13 th 2022 I called cfo bc… today there was a nice lady on phone put me on hold for 10 minutes and then she said my application is approved and will receive card in two weeks
    Card in hand ….?
    Congrats! Shopping time, your wallet is going to hurt! Did you ask for your PAL#? If not call and ask!

For all those who have been recently processed...congratulations, all...

Curious...do they update the status of your application when the receive it? Or is the charging of the credit card the indication they are working on it.

For my Restricted application (I already have a PAL), I have a Fedex overnight confirmation that it was delivered on Sept 21. I have been checking daily on IWS and there is no status change (last status change was when they last issued my renewal for my PAL in 2018). Does anyone know whether there is any hint that they actually receive recent applications, aside from tracking numbers, etc. that it was delivered? It would be helpful if they just update the application to say it was received, not necessarily that it's being processed. That way you know it didn't fall behind someone's desk or something... I know it was delivered at Mirimichi, but curious as to what the next status change is in IWS...or is there one?
    Last edited by thegazelle; 10-13-2022 at 04:28 PM.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

I just spoke with a lady from the Quebec CFO and she tells me that they are looking at a 6-month delay to treat a new permit application. She did specify 6 months starting when the provincial CFO starts looking at it and not when it was mailed in.

I am starting to think I can use this handgun money for something else...