Page 584 of 687 FirstFirst ... 564574576577578579580581582583584585586587588589590591592594604 ... LastLast
Results 5,831 to 5,840 of 6865

Thread: PAL Wait Time

PAL to RPAL Upgrade Ontario

Received in Miramichi: June 30th

Online status updated to initial review has been completed and C/C charged: Sept 14th

Still waiting for it to get processed. I knew for a fact I forgot to put my written name on the back of the picture along with my guarantors. My guarantor just signed the back of the picture with the official stamp for where I took it but simply because my name and guarantor was not written on it they made me send a new picture with that. They received it Sept 20th so now I'm waiting until they open that letter which just got into another backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by jaraxel View Post
    Just adding mine here:
    BC
    RPAL Sent mid june
    Received 22Jun
    Shown on portal as completed initial review on 10Sep
    Credit card charged: 10Sep

Status unchanged for past 12 days so far, patiently waiting....

*grumble about stupid ban that'll do absolutely nothing for crime rates*

So do all applicants get a phone call or random? Do references get contacted?
    ok.. time to update:

Called in to CFO to ask if some references being out of country would be a problem, super nice lady said no and looked at my application, approved it. Oct 5
    Issued (according to the PAL letter). Oct 11
    PAL in hand: Oct 18

Keep at it guys, you'll get it!

Quote Originally Posted by jaraxel View Post
    ok.. time to update:

Called in to CFO to ask if some references being out of country would be a problem, super nice lady said no and looked at my application, approved it. Oct 5
    Issued (according to the PAL letter). Oct 11
    PAL in hand: Oct 18

Keep at it guys, you'll get it!
    Hi,
    Thanks Man! I was so worried about mine! I got it approved over the phone on Oct 11, 2022. I was so tensed that why it's still not being sent out to me, seeing yours timeline I might get some relief!

Quote Originally Posted by Lapcy View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks Man! I was so worried about mine! I got it approved over the phone on Oct 11, 2022. I was so tensed that why it's still not being sent out to me, seeing yours timeline I might get some relief!
    Hi,
    Is there anyone who got their license approved on Oct 9,10 & 11, 2022 & got their card in hand now??

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapcy View Post
    Hi,
    Is there anyone who got their license approved on Oct 9,10 & 11, 2022 & got their card in hand now??
    Mine was approved Oct 7, still waiting for card in the mail.

PAL to RPAL in Ontario.
    Application received by CFP on July 29
    CC charged & initial application review completed on Oct 5
    Status unchanged as of Oct 18

Quote Originally Posted by p3tah View Post
    Mine was approved Oct 7, still waiting for card in the mail.
    Let us know when you get your card! I hope you get it today or tmr!
    All the best!!!

I'll share my R-PAL (Expired) Renewal

I applied at the end of March this year. It took about 3 months for the RCMP to update my application to "initial" application process started.

After bugging the CFO-ON in September about what's going it, my application went to processed. Then in the mail within a week or so, and then in my pocket at the start of October.

All in, about 7 months for an expired R-Pal renewal. They didn't even contact my references. And I don't even need the Restricted component.

Oh well. It's done now. What a slog of a wait.

Wow... I just realized that I got my Ford Maverick order more quickly than a PAL renewal. Ah, the joys of bureaucracy...

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdb View Post
    I must have called 100 without getting through, emailed last week but sure I won't receive a reply ever idiots!!!!
    So I received an email reply today from kam.....

Thank you for your email.

Your application has been forwarded to us at the Chief Firearms Office for standard review. At this time, we are not able to provide a date of completion. Please expect a 9-month delay from the time the application was received to the Canadian Firearms Program June 30, 2022.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Markusdb View Post
    So I received an email reply today from kam.....

Thank you for your email.

Your application has been forwarded to us at the Chief Firearms Office for standard review. At this time, we are not able to provide a date of completion. Please expect a 9-month delay from the time the application was received to the Canadian Firearms Program June 30, 2022.
    Time to get your MP or MPP involved.