Page 587 of 690 FirstFirst ... 567577579580581582583584585586587588589590591592593594595597607 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,870 of 6897

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    Well, you are probably in the same boat I am. Mine was sent by Fedex overnight and confirmed received via tracking number on September 21. I log into IWS and the last update was when my regular PAL was renewed in 2018. Other posters here have indicated nothing will change status wise until your application envelope is opened. And that apparently, can take months...

I log in every day, just to see if there is any movement.

I tried calling them today, and after navigating through a series of menus, it said high volume of calls, try back later, and hung up.
    It takes them approx 3 months just to open up your envelope! IDK what are timelines now. But mine was delivered on May 25, 2022 & it showed up on IWS on August 16, 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapcy View Post
    It takes them approx 3 months just to open up your envelope! IDK what are timelines now. But mine was delivered on May 25, 2022 & it showed up on IWS on August 16, 2022.
    Yikes...I better temper my expectations then. I guess gone is the 6 weeks from dropping my application in the mail with a stamp, to receiving the card back in my mailbox back in 2004.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Ontario here ! App. recieved - 8 Apr. 2022, CC charged-july 06,2022. Initial review completed since then ! Nothing. feeling sick of waiting .

Quote Originally Posted by Gallant warrior View Post
    Ontario here ! App. recieved - 8 Apr. 2022, CC charged-july 06,2022. Initial review completed since then ! Nothing. feeling sick of waiting .
    Call the CFO & get your application approved!
    Pro Tip: Press 1 if you know your party's extension; then press 9531, & request them to approve the app! I'm sure they will do it.
    Lmk if this works!

What does the charge come up as in your bank statement? Like "CFO Barrie"? - XX $?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadGirl View Post
    What does the charge come up as in your bank statement? Like "CFO Barrie"? - XX $?

thanks.
    Umm not sure, In my case it was RCMP-CFP-GRC-PCAF.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadGirl View Post

thanks.
    My CC also showed as:
    RCMP-CFP GRC-PCAF

thanks!

Ontario Final Update:

Mailed early January
    Received end of January
    CC charged early April
    RPAL in hand mid October

In my situation, there was a flag on my application which no one told me about or noticed until late September. So if you get through, don't just ask if anything is "wrong" with your application or if they have an update, ask if there's a flag on it. Something on my application triggered something in CPIC. Once that happens, your application is sent off to Orillia be reviewed and if you're unlucky, it's up to a 2 year back log.

I did email my MPP and Ontario Ombudsman. MPP's office was initially helpful, but ended up ghosting me completely. Ontario Ombudsman also got back to me for more information, but I was able to get it sorted out myself.

I appreciate all the tips and updates everyone posted. Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Hi Everyone,
    I’ve a question. how long does it take for our .0002 PAL to be mailed out once you purchase a restricted firearm & your transfer goes thru.
    Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!