Page 590 of 690 FirstFirst ... 570580582583584585586587588589590591592593594595596597598600610 ... LastLast
Results 5,891 to 5,900 of 6897

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ryinski View Post
    The application was sent Xpress post and was marked received by them Sept 15, and nothing showed online until Nov 3 on iws, I noticed the cc charge first, went to iws and saw initial review complete, application received Sept 15. So they do mark the day they actually get it.
    That's strange that they don't just mark the receipt date when they actually receive it, even if they are not working on it yet. That way people at least know it didn't get lost or something like that.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF905 View Post
    It was intial review complete since August 26 it was received by RCMP June 2 according to Canada Post. Now just looking for a range accepting new members in Hamilton Niagara area.
    Wentworth I believe is accepting new members. Too far from me or I would join.

Ontario R-PAL (fresh application) update:

Assigned an online Application Number (November 1, 2022) on the RCMP Individual Web Services Site (IWS).

Application received on September 9, 2022 on IWS. Incidentally, the application was delivered by Canada Post on September 9, 2022, so they appear to have some sort of tracking system when the applications are received.

Status (IWS November 1, 2022): "We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date."

Credit card charged November 1, 2022: RCMP-CFP GRC-PCAF

Current status (IWS November 6, 2022, Sunday evening): "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000)."

Strangely, I checked IWS on November 4, 2022 after the close of business on Friday evening. It still showed the IWS status from November 1, 2022. Somehow it changed status to "issued" over the weekend.
    Last edited by G Lee; 11-07-2022 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by G Lee View Post

Assigned an online Application Number (November 1, 2022) on the RCMP Individual Web Services Site (IWS).

Application received on September 9, 2022 on IWS. Incidentally, the application was delivered by Canada Post on September 9, 2022, so they appear to have some sort of tracking system when the applications are received.

Status (IWS November 1, 2022): "We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date."

Current status (IWS November 6, 2022, Sunday evening): "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000)."

Strangely, I checked IWS on November 4, 2022 after the close of business on Friday evening. It still showed the IWS status from November 1, 2022. It changed status to "issued" over the weekend.

Just curious, did you already have your non-restricted PAL?

Here's my timeline:
    Received Aug 30 2022
    IWS and CC Charge: Oct 26 2022
    Current status Nov 7: "We have completed the initial review ...."

I called last Thursday just to confirm there was no additional info required or any corrections to be made and they told me CFP approved it and it was in the Ontario CFO's hands for final approval which apparently has a backlog of 5 months. They told me not to call back before March 2023.

Wild timeline differences with some applications versus others. Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by skatekr89 View Post
    Just curious, did you already have your non-restricted PAL?

Here's my timeline:
    Received Aug 30 2022
    IWS and CC Charge: Oct 26 2022
    Current status Nov 7: "We have completed the initial review ...."

I called last Thursday just to confirm there was no additional info required or any corrections to be made and they told me CFP approved it and it was in the Ontario CFO's hands for final approval which apparently has a backlog of 5 months. They told me not to call back before March 2023.

Wild timeline differences with some applications versus others. Bizarre.
    No it is a fresh application. That is, no prior PAL.

Quote Originally Posted by G Lee View Post

Strangely, I checked IWS on November 4, 2022 after the close of business on Friday evening. It still showed the IWS status from November 1, 2022. It changed status to "issued" over the weekend.

Im happy for you man. I’m in Ontario as well. My application was received an August 15th and CC was charged October 14th. I’m still on the “we have completed the initial review”. These Ontario timelines make zero sense

Thanks. Yes it doesn't make sense. We also got stuck with the handgun ban unfortunately.

Hi all,

my application was recieved on June 2, i've called multiple times and they told me it has been sent to the CFO ontario. Does anyone know how long it will take? my friend whose application was recieved in September was approved and issued last week. Im so mad right now lol...

if anyone has any insight please respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie1990 View Post
    Hi all,

my application was recieved on June 2, i've called multiple times and they told me it has been sent to the CFO ontario. Does anyone know how long it will take? my friend whose application was recieved in September was approved and issued last week. Im so mad right now lol...

if anyone has any insight please respond.
    I can imagine the frustration. Absolutely no consistency in how things are being handled. Seems like Ontario is grossly inconsistent.

IWS is down this afternoon due to application error. You will get this after you enter all your info and try to submit to see what current status of your applications
    Last edited by thegazelle; 11-07-2022 at 04:39 PM.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

really frusturating i dont know what to do..i emailed the CFO today asking if there is any additional info they are looking for. tried calling the X7503 no answer.