Page 591 of 691 FirstFirst ... 571581583584585586587588589590591592593594595596597598599601611 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,910 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

BC Applicant

Application Received Sep 20, 2022

CC Charge Nov 07,2022

IWS Current status: We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date.

Fingers Crossed

anyone have extension of Ontario who can approval final review? I called last Month but that extension is from BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie1990 View Post
    Hi all,

my application was recieved on June 2, i've called multiple times and they told me it has been sent to the CFO ontario. Does anyone know how long it will take? my friend whose application was recieved in September was approved and issued last week. Im so mad right now lol...

if anyone has any insight please respond.
    my application was received July and now still keep complete initial review.

Well, good news to report...I guess it doesn't hurt to check 7-8 times a day on the IWS website...

I was on my 5th check of IWS this morning, and finally...a change in status!!!

PROVINCE: ONTARIO
    APPLICATION TYPE: Restricted endorsement upgrade (original PAL issued almost 20 years ago)
    APPLICATION RECEIVED VIA FEDEX TRACKING NUMBER: September 21, 2022
    DATE OF CHANGE IN IWS STATUS: November 8, 2022
    DATE IWS SHOWS AS APPLICATION RECEIVED: September 21, 2022 (so they do backdate it to when they actually received it)
    CURRENT STATUS: Initial Review Completed (on November 8, 2022)
    CREDIT CARD CHARGED (RCMP-CFP GRC-PCAF): November 8, 2022
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    Well, good news to report...I guess it doesn't hurt to check 7-8 times a day on the IWS website...

I was on my 5th check of IWS this morning, and finally...a change in status!!!

PROVINCE: ONTARIO
    APPLICATION TYPE: Restricted endorsement upgrade (original PAL issued almost 20 years ago)
    APPLICATION RECEIVED VIA FEDEX TRACKING NUMBER: September 21, 2022
    DATE OF CHANGE IN IWS STATUS: November 8, 2022
    DATE IWS SHOWS AS APPLICATION RECEIVED: September 21, 2022 (so they do backdate it to when they actually received it)
    CURRENT STATUS: Initial Review Completed (on November 8, 2022)
    CREDIT CARD CHARGED (RCMP-CFP GRC-PCAF): November 8, 2022
    About time! We got here around a week apart so I'll be interested to see what's next

New dude here.
    So I took the advice of @Extreme22 on page 567 of this thread and called 1-800-731-4000 x 9026 for Alberta. I had previously sent an email to which I received no response. Then I dialed the magic number only to find they are only answering between 9 am and 4 pm hit and miss. This morning I called at 9 on the nose and waited about 5 minutes for Nancy to answer. I told her about my dilemma... Sent the paper work on April 29th, they received it on May 6th, rang up the CC in June sometime and the wait started. After 6 months I got on this site and joined in on the misery. Once Nancy heard my plea she put me on hold for a couple minutes and then returned to inform me that my application was now approved. Yee Haaa. My PAL is in the mail.
    So, almost 7 months total if it comes in 2 weeks. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stand Up View Post
    New dude here.
    So I took the advice of @Extreme22 on page 567 of this thread and called 1-800-731-4000 x 9026 for Alberta. I had previously sent an email to which I received no response. Then I dialed the magic number only to find they are only answering between 9 am and 4 pm hit and miss. This morning I called at 9 on the nose and waited about 5 minutes for Nancy to answer. I told her about my dilemma... Sent the paper work on April 29th, they received it on May 6th, rang up the CC in June sometime and the wait started. After 6 months I got on this site and joined in on the misery. Once Nancy heard my plea she put me on hold for a couple minutes and then returned to inform me that my application was now approved. Yee Haaa. My PAL is in the mail.
    So, almost 7 months total if it comes in 2 weeks. Nice.
    It seems like this is a similar refrain for many who are waiting an inordinate amount of time, only to call and then somehow it mysteriously gets approved. Did you find out why there was such a long wait between CC charge and CFO approval?

There are some on this thread who get the approval within a week of their credit card being charged. And it doesn't seem like it's region specific, so just trying to gauge any discernable patterns here...
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

So it looks like I have a very long wait time then if my application was just delivered to rcmp on Oct 28th

I have a feeling I'll die of old age before I get mine. Two months and still no word. BC.

More than a bit P.O.
    Olympic shooters can buy and sell handguns but the rest of us cannot. So they're pure as the driven snow and the rest of the handgun shooters in Canada are murderers?

I didn't ask why it was taking so long. I was just happy to hear the good news.

It has to do with all the applications that suddenly came in over the last 2 years and the situation has overwhelmed them. It's the government and they don't adapt well due to budget restraints and the like. JMO