Page 594 of 687 FirstFirst ... 574584586587588589590591592593594595596597598599600601602604614 ... LastLast
Results 5,931 to 5,940 of 6865

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF905 View Post
    What I did is sent an email requesting an update but did not include any of my information. Soon after I received a request for my name and information which I sent in.Half an hour later I got a message back that license was approved. It all seems to matter who you get at least at the Ontario CFO office some can be helpful other just say call back after 9 months.
    I took your advice and emailed them this morning...shall report on what happens if/when I hear back.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    I took your advice and emailed them this morning...shall report on what happens if/when I hear back.
    I've just done the same. Will update as well.

Well, emailing them was the right approach...

They just got back to me...

Based on my name and email in my email address, they must have looked it up. Says it is not with CFO yet but still with central processing. Said central processing is "waiting for photo" which means they haven't uploaded my photo yet (which I included and paper clipped it) or lost the photo. They did give me a separate email to contact them...which I will do.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Hi All. This is my first post. I have been reading this forum for several months now and have found all the inputs shared by this group extremely useful. I am from Ontario. My NR-PAL was received in Mar 2022 and current status is "Initial Review Complete". As experienced by others I have emailed and called several times but in vain. Finally emailed to CFO-ON last week and followed up today and got a reply saying that my case is received by them but is not assigned a CFO yet and they cant provide a timeline. I am loosing my patience now. I check this forum several times a day and also my application status.

Don't know what to do next. Planning to email them again in a few days.

What a travesty! There is a thread in the General Forum where another member mailed it Sept 21, his/her credit card was charged less than a week later and their card just arrived. Absolutely no rhyme or reason behind the CFC/CFO's processing and / or approval methodology.

I would definitely say there is an issue if your card wasn't charged yet. As inconsistent as the wait times/processing times are, it does seem more or less consistent that your card is charged shortly after they open your application envelope. Mine was received on Sept 21, but they opened it on Nov 8, backdated it to when it was actually received and charged my card the same day. Maybe in addition to calling, there are emails you can reach the CFO's office - a previous poster posted the Ontario one but you may be able to change the two-digit provincial suffix and try that...

Ah, here is the Ontario one: CFOON@cfp-pcaf.ca. You can try changing it to CFOAB@cfp-pcaf.ca for Alberta, for example or CFOMB@cfp-pcaf.ca, for Manitoba or whatever two digits your province is. - not saying it will work, but anything's worth a try at this point in addition to the calls.

I Emailed CFOON yesterday, will await what i assume will be KAM's reply
    Last edited by timsmish; 11-16-2022 at 01:08 PM.

Well, emailing them was the right approach...

They just got back to me...

Based on my name and email in my email address, they must have looked it up. Says it is not with CFO yet but still with central processing. Said central processing is "waiting for photo" which means they haven't uploaded my photo yet (which I included and paper clipped it) or lost the photo. They did give me a separate email to contact them...which I will do.
    Lucky You! I emailed them yesterday and haven't heard anything yet.

I guess I'll just keep on, keeping on, and continue to reach out to them by email/phone.

Keep the luck streak going, TheGazelle!

Cheers,
    C.

Mailed application on: 2022-04-27
    Application received on: 2022-05-11
    Credit Card Charged on: 2022-08-15
    Current status today: We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date.

I sent an email, will provide an update when I get a response, looks like my application is taking longer than a lot of people here... I am seeing a lot of people who sent their application in July already have received their physical card in October...

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkzilla View Post
    Mailed application on: 2022-04-27
    Application received on: 2022-05-11
    Credit Card Charged on: 2022-08-15
    Current status today: We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date.

I sent an email, will provide an update when I get a response, looks like my application is taking longer than a lot of people here... I am seeing a lot of people who sent their application in July already have received their physical card in October...
    My application was received by RCMP Mar 2022. So I am in the same boat as you. I received a reply from CFO ON and they mentioned my application has not been assigned to any CFO. I think CFO ON received my application in July 2022. My CC was charged June 2022.

I've emailed the AB CFO twice now, I don't expect I'll get a response, but I will post if I do. The whole thing is a joke, it'd be nice if the people who steal a quarter of my money can give me absolutely anything in return, can't even get the time of day out of these... people...

I wonder if this extreme back log is strictly Ontario's problem. Seems like Alberta applications are zipping through…