Page 594 of 698 FirstFirst ... 574584586587588589590591592593594595596597598599600601602604614 ... LastLast
Results 5,931 to 5,940 of 6978

Thread: PAL Wait Time

  1. #5931
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    What a travesty! There is a thread in the General Forum where another member mailed it Sept 21, his/her credit card was charged less than a week later and their card just arrived. Absolutely no rhyme or reason behind the CFC/CFO's processing and / or approval methodology.

    I would definitely say there is an issue if your card wasn't charged yet. As inconsistent as the wait times/processing times are, it does seem more or less consistent that your card is charged shortly after they open your application envelope. Mine was received on Sept 21, but they opened it on Nov 8, backdated it to when it was actually received and charged my card the same day. Maybe in addition to calling, there are emails you can reach the CFO's office - a previous poster posted the Ontario one but you may be able to change the two-digit provincial suffix and try that...

    Ah, here is the Ontario one: CFOON@cfp-pcaf.ca. You can try changing it to CFOAB@cfp-pcaf.ca for Alberta, for example or CFOMB@cfp-pcaf.ca, for Manitoba or whatever two digits your province is. - not saying it will work, but anything's worth a try at this point in addition to the calls.

    I Emailed CFOON yesterday, will await what i assume will be KAM's reply
    Last edited by timsmish; 11-16-2022 at 01:08 PM.

  2. #5932
    CGN Regular DerScharfSchutze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    Well, emailing them was the right approach...

    They just got back to me...

    Based on my name and email in my email address, they must have looked it up. Says it is not with CFO yet but still with central processing. Said central processing is "waiting for photo" which means they haven't uploaded my photo yet (which I included and paper clipped it) or lost the photo. They did give me a separate email to contact them...which I will do.
    Lucky You! I emailed them yesterday and haven't heard anything yet.

    I guess I'll just keep on, keeping on, and continue to reach out to them by email/phone.

    Keep the luck streak going, TheGazelle!

    Cheers,
    C.

  3. #5933
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    2
    Mailed application on: 2022-04-27
    Application received on: 2022-05-11
    Credit Card Charged on: 2022-08-15
    Current status today: We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date.

    I sent an email, will provide an update when I get a response, looks like my application is taking longer than a lot of people here... I am seeing a lot of people who sent their application in July already have received their physical card in October...

  4. #5934
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunkzilla View Post
    Mailed application on: 2022-04-27
    Application received on: 2022-05-11
    Credit Card Charged on: 2022-08-15
    Current status today: We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date.

    I sent an email, will provide an update when I get a response, looks like my application is taking longer than a lot of people here... I am seeing a lot of people who sent their application in July already have received their physical card in October...
    My application was received by RCMP Mar 2022. So I am in the same boat as you. I received a reply from CFO ON and they mentioned my application has not been assigned to any CFO. I think CFO ON received my application in July 2022. My CC was charged June 2022.

  5. #5935
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    21
    I've emailed the AB CFO twice now, I don't expect I'll get a response, but I will post if I do. The whole thing is a joke, it'd be nice if the people who steal a quarter of my money can give me absolutely anything in return, can't even get the time of day out of these... people...

  6. #5936
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    2
    I wonder if this extreme back log is strictly Ontario's problem. Seems like Alberta applications are zipping through…

  7. #5937
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by rohanrele View Post
    Hi All. This is my first post. I have been reading this forum for several months now and have found all the inputs shared by this group extremely useful. I am from Ontario. My NR-PAL was received in Mar 2022 and current status is "Initial Review Complete". As experienced by others I have emailed and called several times but in vain. Finally emailed to CFO-ON last week and followed up today and got a reply saying that my case is received by them but is not assigned a CFO yet and they cant provide a timeline. I am loosing my patience now. I check this forum several times a day and also my application status.

    Don't know what to do next. Planning to email them again in a few days.
    PAL's can take 1.5 years or more now, relax.

  8. #5938
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryinski View Post
    I've emailed the AB CFO twice now, I don't expect I'll get a response, but I will post if I do. The whole thing is a joke, it'd be nice if the people who steal a quarter of my money can give me absolutely anything in return, can't even get the time of day out of these... people...
    The last time I emailed the ABCFO, I got a response after exactly one month. The time before that, a few weeks.

    They've had my application since March, 2022 and it still apparently has not been assigned to an officer. Their last email to me implied 16-18 months wait for reviews once assigned. I don't understand how that can possibly be, it seems just completely absurd.

    Who is your MLA?

  9. #5939
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbird View Post
    The last time I emailed the ABCFO, I got a response after exactly one month. The time before that, a few weeks.

    They've had my application since March, 2022 and it still apparently has not been assigned to an officer. Their last email to me implied 16-18 months wait for reviews once assigned. I don't understand how that can possibly be, it seems just completely absurd.

    Who is your MLA?
    That's a crazy amount of time. I don't get why there's massive variations to the time frames people are reporting. I wish there was some transparency to this whole thing.b
    My MLA is NDP �� don't know what he specifically thinks on this issue but I don't think I would be surprised.

  10. #5940
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    266
    Don't mind me asking if your history is clean? I would assume you know, but if you have any boxes it takes much longer.

    I've heard extreme cases of 3 years, though those are ofcourse rare.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •