Page 596 of 690 FirstFirst ... 576586588589590591592593594595596597598599600601602603604606616 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,960 of 6897

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    We are very similar in terms of processing times. Mine (restricted upgrade application) was received 9/21, card charged 11/8. Did they tell you where your current status is at?

Agree, provincial CFO's office replied to me quickly and gave me a current status even though the application hasn't gotten to them yet. They replied to my email within an hour or so. CFP has never replied to any email...
    The CFO told me that they're not able to check everything that the CFP is able to, but that there weren't any flags or requests for additional/missing info attached to my application. They weren't able to give me any sort of timeline which is why they said they will check again at the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizotsm View Post
    PAL's can take 1.5 years or more now, relax.
    This is reasonable or acceptable to you why exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryinski View Post
    It's pretty bad and it leaves a lot of time for people to forget what they've learned from the safety courses.

Anecdotally, a couple of people I know who had a long wait because of personal history boxes being checked didn't even have their references contacted, didn't get a request to let them see health info, didn't get follow-up for more information, nothing.

What's the point of a crazy long wait if they aren't digging deep to investigate? Just crazy. I could at least feel better about it if there was some measure of due-diligence being transparently practiced but the system just seem to treat those check boxes as a "will this application take longer yes or no" indicator.

CGN Regular
    delete

CGN Regular
    If C-21 passes in its current form(God forbid) my application will go in the bin, if I get approved for a PAL somehow before then(possible), I'll get a nullification notice, shortly after or I will be denied renewal, I'd be grateful and frankly on the moon to be waiting 5 years, hell even 10 but don't mind me, I'm but a minority, no 1.5 years is far beyond what they used to take for regular applications, 1.5 years is for CFO applications(checked boxes).
    Last edited by Sizotsm; 11-17-2022 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbird View Post
    Anecdotally, a couple of people I know who had a long wait because of personal history boxes being checked didn't even have their references contacted, didn't get a request to let them see health info, didn't get follow-up for more information, nothing.

What's the point of a crazy long wait if they aren't digging deep to investigate? Just crazy. I could at least feel better about it if there was some measure of due-diligence being transparently practiced but the system just seem to treat those check boxes as a "will this application take longer yes or no" indicator.
    It might help if the CFP office had at least one printer per million PAL holders

I must have checked my IWS a record amount of times today...at least 20-25...I didn't expect to see anything different in terms of the status, but LO AND BEHOLD...the 26th time is the trick...or they are tracking how many times I log in and check and finally felt sorry for me...

PROVINCE: ONTARIO
    APPLICATION TYPE: Restricted endorsement upgrade (original PAL issued almost 20 years ago)
    APPLICATION RECEIVED VIA FEDEX TRACKING NUMBER: September 21, 2022
    DATE OF CHANGE IN IWS STATUS: November 8, 2022
    DATE IWS SHOWS AS APPLICATION RECEIVED: September 21, 2022 (so they do backdate it to when they actually received it)
    CREDIT CARD CHARGED (RCMP-CFP GRC-PCAF): November 8, 2022
    CURRENT STATUS: APPLICATION APPROVED AND UPGRADED RESTRICTED ENDORSEMENT LICENSE ISSUED: November 17, 2022

I thought I was seeing things until I actually checked my IWS personal profile and sure enough, my privileges are now listed as non-restricted and restricted - and my new license expiry date is not till 2028...

The only thing I did differently this week was contact the CFO's office in my province, who just told me that central processing still had it...this was only a couple of days ago. I don't understand how it gets from CFP to CFO and approved that quickly. I checked with my new references and neither one was called. Bizarre.

So I hardly have any advice to dispense except maybe try EMAILING your provincial CFO's office and trying to find out a status - who knows, they may be prodding CFP as a result, who knows...either way I am happy, but I am not happy that there are those who had theirs in before mine (some of you well before) and your applications are in limbo. It could be that mine was only a restricted endorsement and maybe already having a PAL helped...who knows...no rhyme or reason, but at least in 2028, I can do the renewal online...

I hope everyone gets their PALs quickly going forward. All the best to all.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    I must have checked my IWS a record amount of times today...at least 20-25...I didn't expect to see anything different in terms of the status, but LO AND BEHOLD...the 26th time is the trick...or they are tracking how many times I log in and check and finally felt sorry for me...

PROVINCE: ONTARIO
    APPLICATION TYPE: Restricted endorsement upgrade (original PAL issued almost 20 years ago)
    APPLICATION RECEIVED VIA FEDEX TRACKING NUMBER: September 21, 2022
    DATE OF CHANGE IN IWS STATUS: November 8, 2022
    DATE IWS SHOWS AS APPLICATION RECEIVED: September 21, 2022 (so they do backdate it to when they actually received it)
    CREDIT CARD CHARGED (RCMP-CFP GRC-PCAF): November 8, 2022
    CURRENT STATUS: APPLICATION APPROVED AND UPGRADED RESTRICTED ENDORSEMENT LICENSE ISSUED: November 17, 2022

I thought I was seeing things until I actually checked my IWS personal profile and sure enough, my privileges are now listed as non-restricted and restricted - and my new license expiry date is not till 2028...

The only thing I did differently this week was contact the CFO's office in my province, who just told me that central processing still had it...this was only a couple of days ago. I don't understand how it gets from CFP to CFO and approved that quickly. I checked with my new references and neither one was called. Bizarre.

So I hardly have any advice to dispense except maybe try EMAILING your provincial CFO's office and trying to find out a status - who knows, they may be prodding CFP as a result, who knows...either way I am happy, but I am not happy that there are those who had theirs in before mine (some of you well before) and your applications are in limbo. It could be that mine was only a restricted endorsement and maybe already having a PAL helped...who knows...no rhyme or reason, but at least in 2028, I can do the renewal online...

I hope everyone gets their PALs quickly going forward. All the best to all.
    Congrats!
    Got my fingers crossed mine's not far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by HalRexnar View Post
    Congrats!
    Got my fingers crossed mine's not far behind.
    I am definitely sure yours is, my friend....they already told you there was nothing out of the ordinary or missing...in my case, CFP didn't upload my photo yet...you are in good shape and with nothing outstanding and a CFO rep willing to help you out, I am sure we will be hearing good news from you soon.

In looking at this thread there seems to be somewhat of a trend of people getting hold of someone from the CFO's office (usually by phone) and they approve it on the spot or confirm approval...it may be a coincidence, but anything helps...the Ontario CFO's office does seem to have a fella for which his applications seem to take forever. I am sure yours will be approved shortly - ya never know, you may want to log on now and check just in case...
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP