Page 597 of 691 FirstFirst ... 577587589590591592593594595596597598599600601602603604605607617 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,970 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    I am definitely sure yours is, my friend....they already told you there was nothing out of the ordinary or missing...in my case, CFP didn't upload my photo yet...you are in good shape and with nothing outstanding and a CFO rep willing to help you out, I am sure we will be hearing good news from you soon.

In looking at this thread there seems to be somewhat of a trend of people getting hold of someone from the CFO's office (usually by phone) and they approve it on the spot or confirm approval...it may be a coincidence, but anything helps...the Ontario CFO's office does seem to have a fella for which his applications seem to take forever. I am sure yours will be approved shortly - ya never know, you may want to log on now and check just in case...
    I'm in AB, I would recommend people definitely call the phone number, especially if there's anything not 100% straight forward with your application. I had one question that needed explanation and that was the job loss in the last two years(can anybody imagine why I lost my job in the last two years? Lol) All the offices were caught off guard by the handgun ban and are scrambling to get up to speed, and are likely prioritizing on simplicity just to get things out. Call in, be super polite and even coy, and maybe you will be lucky enough to get someone as nice as I got. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryinski View Post
    I'm in AB, I would recommend people definitely call the phone number, especially if there's anything not 100% straight forward with your application. I had one question that needed explanation and that was the job loss in the last two years(can anybody imagine why I lost my job in the last two years? Lol) All the offices were caught off guard by the handgun ban and are scrambling to get up to speed, and are likely prioritizing on simplicity just to get things out. Call in, be super polite and even coy, and maybe you will be lucky enough to get someone as nice as I got. Good luck.
    Agree with your suggestion for others. When my last PAL renewal was up in 2018, I was less than one year removed from a job loss AND in the midst of a divorce, both of which contributed SIGNIFICANTLY in the delay of processing my renewal (and as it was a renewal, I did the thing online). If I remember right, it was close a year for a renewal, and they ended up interviewing me (even though my PAL was renewed like 3 times before then) and took forever to get a hold of my ex, who of course argued against the renewal (long story there, she was being directed by the convicted felon that she was seeing at the time) - and CFP went back and forth with subsequent interviews with me. But ultimately, I had my PAL renewed, thankfully.

Despite what the CFP will say in the status message that if they need further info they will contact the applicant, in reality that does not seem to be the case and it is, unfortunately, incumbent on the applicant to chase, prod, and inquire about the application. A number of folks here have indicted that their CFO's office has been helpful so I agree with Ryinski's suggestion to try there...and keep it professional and courteous - it definitely helps.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by Ryinski View Post
    Do you happen to know the number for Ontario?

My license was issued on November 2nd. It's now the 18th (16 days later)

Does it usually take this long to mail?

Edit: apparently they haven't even printed it yet
    Last edited by Developer; 11-18-2022 at 02:32 PM.

CGN Regular
    Agree with your suggestion for others. When my last PAL renewal was up in 2018, I was less than one year removed from a job loss AND in the midst of a divorce, both of which contributed SIGNIFICANTLY in the delay of processing my renewal (and as it was a renewal, I did the thing online). If I remember right, it was close a year for a renewal, and they ended up interviewing me (even though my PAL was renewed like 3 times before then) and took forever to get a hold of my ex, who of course argued against the renewal (long story there, she was being directed by the convicted felon that she was seeing at the time) - and CFP went back and forth with subsequent interviews with me. But ultimately, I had my PAL renewed, thankfully.

Despite what the CFP will say in the status message that if they need further info they will contact the applicant, in reality that does not seem to be the case and it is, unfortunately, incumbent on the applicant to chase, prod, and inquire about the application. A number of folks here have indicted that their CFO's office has been helpful so I agree with Ryinski's suggestion to try there...and keep it professional and courteous - it definitely helps.
    I would like to ask, how were they like on the phone when interviewing? Were they really bearing down? I heard stories of them being full on Gestapo on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by SlurpEee View Post
    Do you happen to know the number for Ontario?
    1-800-731-4000, extension 7503

Quote Originally Posted by Sizotsm View Post
    I would like to ask, how were they like on the phone when interviewing? Were they really bearing down? I heard stories of them being full on Gestapo on the phone.
    Well, it's like anything else in life. You react aggressively or defensively, it won't be a positive experience.

I concern myself less with how people talk with me and how I respond. There are many times you can diffuse an otherwise potentially contentious situation with not responding in kind. Similarly you can exacerbate and make a situation worse by being snide, impatient, condescending, etc. - even if it is in response to others. You can see it here on CGN - phone conversations are really not much different. But YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Developer View Post
    My license was issued on November 2nd. It's now the 18th (16 days later)

Does it usually take this long to mail?

Edit: apparently they haven't even printed it yet
    Apparently they print once a week - someone had alluded to that earlier. I don't know when that time of week that is. If they approve it the day after the regular print date, add an extra week to the time. And remember, being government employees, it is doubtful they work weekends, so factor that in too.

CGN Regular
    Well, it's like anything else in life. You react aggressively or defensively, it won't be a positive experience.

I concern myself less with how people talk with me and how I respond. There are many times you can diffuse an otherwise potentially contentious situation with not responding in kind. Similarly you can exacerbate and make a situation worse by being snide, impatient, condescending, etc. - even if it is in response to others. You can see it here on CGN - phone conversations are really not much different. But YMMV.
    Yea, that's true.

Apparently they print once a week - someone had alluded to that earlier. I don't know when that time of week that is. If they approve it the day after the regular print date, add an extra week to the time. And remember, being government employees, it is doubtful they work weekends, so factor that in too.
    They should be mindful that we paid money for this service
    Last edited by Developer; 11-18-2022 at 06:51 PM.