Page 598 of 688 FirstFirst ... 578588590591592593594595596597598599600601602603604605606608618 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,980 of 6872

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Did the online renewal based on your guys complaining it takes months to get the license renewed. Since the license expires in February I felt, based on you guys, that I better get it done very early.
    Filled in the online form included a photo and geared my self for waiting months if not well into the new year.
    Submitted on October 17, 2022, received new license November 16, 2022!!!!!!
    HOLY CRAP!!!!! That was FAST and effortless!!!!!
    Collector of U.S. and Canadian Military uniforms and equipment 1860 to 1950, specializing in the 41st and 88th US Infantry Divisions of WW1 and WW2.
    Collector of Springfield Armory firearms.

That's surprising, congrats

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    1-800-731-4000, extension 7503
    If you cannot get through with Ext 7503, simply go to general inquiries. You will wait for an agent for ~15min, but the person will be able to provide you some insight.

Cheers,
    C

New member here. It's been very informative to read this thread to get an idea of how long it is taking or has taken to get an RPAL. I thought I'd update my stats here as well to help with this process:

Alberta RPAL Registration
    RPAL form sent by snail mail (ie. regular Canada Post): Sept 21, 2022
    Application received by CFP: Sept 27, 2022 - Apparently Canada Post regular mail didn't take that long to get there (AB to NB). I was pleasantly surprised by this.
    Credit Card Charged: Nov 10, 2022
    Notice of "Application processed and license has been issued": Nov 18, 2022

The current status is that note indicating: "if your license doesn't show up in 2 weeks, please contact the CFP via that 1-800 number".

Will keep you posted when card shows up in the mail. Hopefully, this happens sometime in early December. That would be a perfect early Christmas present from the CFP.

Quote Originally Posted by tresequis View Post
    New member here. It's been very informative to read this thread to get an idea of how long it is taking or has taken to get an RPAL. I thought I'd update my stats here as well to help with this process:

Alberta RPAL Registration
    RPAL form sent by snail mail (ie. regular Canada Post): Sept 21, 2022
    Application received by CFP: Sept 27, 2022 - Apparently Canada Post regular mail didn't take that long to get there (AB to NB). I was pleasantly surprised by this.
    Credit Card Charged: Nov 10, 2022
    Notice of "Application processed and license has been issued": Nov 18, 2022

The current status is that note indicating: "if your license doesn't show up in 2 weeks, please contact the CFP via that 1-800 number".

Will keep you posted when card shows up in the mail. Hopefully, this happens sometime in early December. That would be a perfect early Christmas present from the CFP.
    That's great! I'm a bit jealous what with all the sales on right now giving me FOMO.
    Did it not even show the "initial review has been completed, we'll contact you if we need more info" step?

Quote Originally Posted by HalRexnar View Post
    That's great! I'm a bit jealous what with all the sales on right now giving me FOMO.
    Did it not even show the "initial review has been completed, we'll contact you if we need more info" step?
    Sorry... yes, that initial review step was shown at the same time as when they showed when they received the application. I'm assuming that everything must have looked ok in my submission that led to the quick initial review.

Just called the CFO for an update and was informed it's with the CFO for final review. Nothing has changed on the RCMP site to reflect that but good to know there's been some movement at least.

CGN Regular
    Just got an email from Kam, I hear that is not the best news, though I already know with my questionable history I'll be waiting a while.

Canned response that my application has been forwarded to the CFO for standard review.

Kam does the interviews right?

Wonder what I should do...
    Last edited by Sizotsm; 11-21-2022 at 05:54 PM.

Ontario R-PAL Update | Fresh (new) application.

On November 6, 2022, status in RCMP IWS changed to "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000)".

Called CFP today, November 21, 2022, as per the above instructions. Was told that my licence is still waiting to be printed.
    Last edited by G Lee; 11-21-2022 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizotsm View Post
    Just got an email from Kam, I hear that is not the best news, though I already know with my questionable history I'll be waiting a while.

Canned response that my application has been forwarded to the CFO for standard review.

Kam does the interviews right?

Wonder what I should do...
    I think you should just sit tight and wait. You have shared on your other posts your anxiety with how you perceived that getting into a fight when you were younger may affect your application. Don't self-sabotage yourself before you find out anything concrete.

You waiting a while may be true with this Kam guy processing your application (based on what others have said), but don't automatically draw a conclusion that you are doomed or something. It's a very hard headspace to be in to always think the worst will happen - believe me I have been there and I can say in most cases, my fears/pessimism turn out to be unfounded.

You don't need to get yourself into self-fulfilling prophecy before anything happens. It is a positive development that you got to the CFO review stage. Truth is, lots of people get stuck here for a myriad of reasons; some may be simply administrative. Just sit tight and wait and check up with the CFO's office now and again.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP