Page 599 of 697 FirstFirst ... 579589591592593594595596597598599600601602603604605606607609619 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 6968

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN Regular
    Just got off the phone with the CFO, was told I had my background check done and to check back next April.

Simply because my app was opened in July and April is the 9 month mark.

I'll call next month maybe.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CeeZer's Avatar
    I too just called them at BC CFO and they said it's now sorted and I should expect license in 3 weeks, applied in early July. Also got 1 year worth of US border crossing ATT while on the phone.
    There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of the law.

So is there anyone who actually got Kam and ended up getting their license?

I'm honestly starting to give up any hope it will come this year

CGN Regular
    The name "Kam" only goes back a month if you look in the history of this thread.

He is apparently the AFO.

I believe you need to be flagged to be with Kam?

Ya'll have Yes boxes?

I already called today, anybody who got Kam when you call can you get his extention/number?

I didn't think to ask for it when I was on the phone.

He should have one apparently.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Sizotsm; 11-22-2022 at 04:20 PM.

RCMP says they received my application October 12th and today web services acknowledges they completed an "initial review". Don't hold them to the 35 days they suggest on the website (which already seems long just to acknowledge receipt), but at least it was ~6 weeks and not 6 months.

This is for a renewal of an expired RPAL, just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandeadpool View Post
    BC Applicant

Application Received Sep 20, 2022

CC Charge Nov 07,2022

IWS Current status: We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date.

Fingers Crossed
    Called them today.. I had forgot to add phone number of 1 reference contact. They had sent a letter to my address for same on nov 07,2022 (I haven't received it yet) They took the missing info on phone and updated the status. said, my license has been issued and should get in 2 weeks.

New status is:

Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number

CGN Regular
    All I can say is a had a very long criminal record from my teens to my 20ís, and one in in my mid 40ís 2014 ex ####, she falsely that I had a firearm charge and drugs. But all was false and not my style to live a criminal life, I love my life too much lol,
    But the cfo is not out to judge but to look at facts, I had maybe 30 min phone convo and was approved right after the call
    I threw her out, i applied in April this year and had my card in hand in augs this year. Hope that helped

CGN Regular
    Be grateful you didn't sign a peace bond, you may have a way longer criminal record than me, but I am at actual risk of revocation all for one incident, lmfao, though we'll see, the libtards can do whatever they want with caring about the effects, they really demonstrated that today.

How did you get approved so fast? 4 months is an awful short time for someone with baggage, can take 2 years with someone with history.

I would like to ask, how was the conversation like? I'm really curious, I've been going through my head how the interview will be like and what I might be asked and what I'll say.
    Last edited by Sizotsm; 11-23-2022 at 01:40 AM.

CGN Regular
    I actually did have a peace bond through out my trial. thankful very much, been off work since last year due to injury,
    So I just waited 90 days and I would call every day to inquire from June to middle of augs and made
    Some friends along the way and one afternoon i received a call and it was just basic tell me about your self and your past, just a friendly straight forward conversation, I’m just grateful 100%

CGN Regular
    You called everyday? Anymore tips?

I'd start to feel too self conscious calling everyday, I'll try once a week.

Damn, you also had a peace bond, that means you're also at risk of revocation, I really empathize with others who are in my shoes, it's no way to punish someone for the rest of their life due to their past.

Funny how the libs push this "hug a thug" narrative at the same time.
    Last edited by Sizotsm; 11-23-2022 at 01:51 AM.