Page 599 of 690 FirstFirst ... 579589591592593594595596597598599600601602603604605606607609619 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 6898

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by G Lee View Post
    Ontario R-PAL Update | Fresh (new) application.

On November 6, 2022, status in RCMP IWS changed to "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000)".

Called CFP today, November 21, 2022, as per the above instructions. Was told that my licence is still waiting to be printed.
    Their (presumably) single printer must have run out of ink or something. Someone else posted that they were told that the cards are only collectively only printed once a week. Guess I should just wait a couple of weeks rather than checking my mailbox everyday.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    I think you should just sit tight and wait. You have shared on your other posts your anxiety with how you perceived that getting into a fight when you were younger may affect your application. Don't self-sabotage yourself before you find out anything concrete.

You waiting a while may be true with this Kam guy processing your application (based on what others have said), but don't automatically draw a conclusion that you are doomed or something. It's a very hard headspace to be in to always think the worst will happen - believe me I have been there and I can say in most cases, my fears/pessimism turn out to be unfounded.

You don't need to get yourself into self-fulfilling prophecy before anything happens. It is a positive development that you got to the CFO review stage. Truth is, lots of people get stuck here for a myriad of reasons; some may be simply administrative. Just sit tight and wait and check up with the CFO's office now and again.
    I find myself in a little bit more optimistic mood than before.

Hopefully C-21 goes on past the following Summer break, I would most likely get it if that happens.

They got my app in April.

I might get my MP if my application goes till next August just in case, so I can get it right before Royal Assent, looks like it might very well be September/October.

C-71 was 2 months earlier than C-21 and got Royal Assent in June, so...

Much better security with a PAL than without.

Today is a very crucial day btw, they're reviewing the Bill clause by clause.
    Last edited by Sizotsm; 11-22-2022 at 02:21 PM.

I just got reply from office, can somebody help me understand what can i expect ?

Thank you for your email.

Your application has been forwarded to us at the Chief Firearms Office for standard review on 2022/07/08. At this time, we are not able to provide a date of completion. Please expect a 9-month delay.

Signed intials were -/ KP.

APP. recieved april 8, 2022. Still nothing after july 6 cc charged . ONTARIO

It's interesting - the last two posters had their applications received in April, yet no movement. Yet there are others who had theirs received in August/Sept who have had it processed.

I wonder whether it's the same person who has the older batch that has not been acting on it. There otherwise does not seem to be any common denominator aside from date received (could be that the earlier applications were put on hold due to processing of the large transfer quantities from May onward, but that's just best guess). At least with the second above message, it said KP...hopefully that's not KAM'S new signature...
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN Regular
    Just got off the phone with the CFO, was told I had my background check done and to check back next April.

Simply because my app was opened in July and April is the 9 month mark.

I'll call next month maybe.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CeeZer's Avatar
    I too just called them at BC CFO and they said it's now sorted and I should expect license in 3 weeks, applied in early July. Also got 1 year worth of US border crossing ATT while on the phone.
    There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of the law.

So is there anyone who actually got Kam and ended up getting their license?

I'm honestly starting to give up any hope it will come this year

CGN Regular
    The name "Kam" only goes back a month if you look in the history of this thread.

He is apparently the AFO.

I believe you need to be flagged to be with Kam?

Ya'll have Yes boxes?

I already called today, anybody who got Kam when you call can you get his extention/number?

I didn't think to ask for it when I was on the phone.

He should have one apparently.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Sizotsm; 11-22-2022 at 04:20 PM.

RCMP says they received my application October 12th and today web services acknowledges they completed an "initial review". Don't hold them to the 35 days they suggest on the website (which already seems long just to acknowledge receipt), but at least it was ~6 weeks and not 6 months.

This is for a renewal of an expired RPAL, just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandeadpool View Post
    BC Applicant

Application Received Sep 20, 2022

CC Charge Nov 07,2022

IWS Current status: We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date.

Fingers Crossed
    Called them today.. I had forgot to add phone number of 1 reference contact. They had sent a letter to my address for same on nov 07,2022 (I haven't received it yet) They took the missing info on phone and updated the status. said, my license has been issued and should get in 2 weeks.

New status is:

Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number