Page 5 of 690 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by kstarev View Post
    Mine took 27 days from the time I sent in my paperwork to the time I got the licence in my hand.
    How is that even possible. There is a MANDATORY 28 day waiting period. They won't send a licence to printing before the 28th day. Unless yours was just an upgrade from PAL to RPAL....

Quote Originally Posted by CulturedRednek View Post
    How is that even possible. There is a MANDATORY 28 day waiting period. They won't send a licence to printing before the 28th day. Unless yours was just an upgrade from PAL to RPAL....
    Sorry about the typo...37 days.

Thanks for catching that!

CGN Regular
    Sent in my PAL application on August 23, received on August 27, showed up on website on September 17 (with a date of August 27). Website shows "In Progress", called on September 19. I asked if everything was okay, complete and accurate. I separated from my wife 4 years ago, not yet divorced... I did list her as a former partner, she also signed off as a reference (we are still friends). As she is not yet my ex, I thought it may impact things.
    I was told today, everything was 100%, and the application was sent to the CFO for approval.

CGN Regular
    My RPAL upgrade was received by Miramici on June 8th, showed as received on June 23rd. Did references and interview on August 20th and sent to Alberta CFO. I just got an email today saying that they are still looking at April applications, and that my RPAL approval will take a while as they are trying to get PAL apps done for hunting season.
    Last edited by plmnkoqaz; 09-19-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Stupid iPhone

Hallelujah after 101 days in the hands of the RCMP. and the BC CFOs office my PAL has been approved and is off to printing and then the Mail. Thank you to all who gave advice, and to those who are still waiting for their PALs, and RPALs, contact your nearest Conservative MP.
    Received my PAL in the mail on Friday Sept 27. There will be a hunting season this year after-all. Thanks again for all the support and advice.
    RGH470
    Last edited by rgh470; 10-01-2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: update

Just Checked online

"Application Received on: 2012/08/24

Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued."

No phone prodding necessary!
    In BC no less.

CGN Regular

Question Lucky guy!

My application was received on 08/10 and is currently at the BCCFO. I checked with them and they said everything was filled out correctly with nothing missing.

I haven't even had a speeding ticket and in the last 20 years, never mind and other activety that would raise alarm bells! Whats taking so long?

This sucks waiting

I sent in mine and my dads at the same time and on the website it said they began initial processing on June 25th. My dad got his RPAL on the last week of August....I only applied for non restricted and I am still waiting for mine...
    My guns: Troy MCS M14

More will come soon :D

CGN Regular

Unhappy ?

There seems to be no rhyme or reason with the BCCFO.

CGN Regular
    I sent in my PAL application by registered mail and it was received aug 10. Currently is at the BCBCFO.

My dad sent in his by regular mail after me and got his PAL yesterday.

Great!