Page 602 of 690 FirstFirst ... 582592594595596597598599600601602603604605606607608609610612622 ... LastLast
Results 6,011 to 6,020 of 6898

Thread: PAL Wait Time

My PAL here in Alberta was approved Nov. 8th. I check the mail every day and it's still a no show. My patience has been worn down to razor thin . I really think the whole system is lagging in hopes that Bill C21 goes through and then they can deny you and I our PAL. I just want to get it and get on with life. FFS Rant over.

CGN Regular
    Why is your patience worn thin?

Not that it's acceptable but 7 months is not a long time when it comes to PAL's these days even for squeaky clean applicants, did you check boxes?

and why would C-21 deny you a PAL?

The only new way C-21 proposes to deny a PAL atm is if you had a peace bond in your past, which I unfortunately had.

There's something with the printers I believe.
    Last edited by Sizotsm; 11-24-2022 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizotsm View Post
    Why is your patience worn thin?

Not that it's acceptable but 7 months is not a long time when it comes to PAL's these days even for squeaky clean applicants, did you check boxes?

and why would C-21 deny you a PAL?

The only new way C-21 proposes to deny a PAL atm is if you had a peace bond in your past, which I unfortunately had.

There's something with the printers I believe.
    Probably because 7 months is not acceptable. Whether or not "that's the way it is these days" is immaterial to whether or not someone will feel patient enough to indulge that.

The "something with the printers" is the fact that they have fewer than one printer per million license holders, so they're always overwhelmed.

Planning to call my MPP probably in March, especially since it's with Kam.
    Please let me know as I also have the dreaded Kam and looks like my application will take over a year

Quote Originally Posted by CdnLibertarian View Post
    Please let me know as I also have the dreaded Kam and looks like my application will take over a year
    I'm starting to wonder if this has anything to do with the sweeping gun ban. Some reports are saying they may want to remove ownership of all firearms.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SlurpEee View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if this has anything to do with the sweeping gun ban. Some reports are saying they may want to remove ownership of all firearms.
    Well the Liberals end goal is to eliminate all firearms ownership, this is nothing new.

Even though despite the very unexpected semi ban, I believe we'll have firearms in the 2030's and possibly 40's.

Who knows though...
    Last edited by Sizotsm; 11-25-2022 at 06:06 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnLibertarian View Post
    You checked any boxes?

You checked any boxes?
    I also received an email reply from KAM. I no checked boxes, never been in trouble, never been in the back of a cruiser, get a speeding ticket every 15 years when I buy a new truck. It must be the luck of the draw. I am only getting my PAL for hunting as my original one expired 20 years ago. Today I bought a crossbow so I can put some venison in the freezer.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Markusdb View Post
    I also received an email reply from KAM. I no checked boxes, never been in trouble, never been in the back of a cruiser, get a speeding ticket every 15 years when I buy a new truck. It must be the luck of the draw. I am only getting my PAL for hunting as my original one expired 20 years ago. Today I bought a crossbow so I can put some venison in the freezer.
    Well that's good, unfortunately I am not as squeaky clean, possibly will be denied, but possibly not, I've seen people who have decent criminal records get a PAL, so I can too.

Well that's good, unfortunately I am not as squeaky clean, possibly will be denied, but possibly not, I've seen people who have decent criminal records get a PAL, so I can too.
    I just don't get it, it makes no sense. I still have my paperwork from 20 years ago, from the time I finished the course and received my card was 6 weeks.