Page 605 of 690 FirstFirst ... 585595597598599600601602603604605606607608609610611612613615625 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,050 of 6899

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by SlurpEee View Post
    I had my PAL application received by the RCMP on Oct 28th in the morning. The Individiual Web Services still isn't even showing it
    Not a surprise there. They don't update it until they open the envelope...it is then that they will backdate it for Oct 28. Why they do this instead of just updating during actual receipt (even if it is not being processed), I am not sure - could be maybe they don't want to give the impression they are working on it when they are not. But many including myself can state that you only see an update when they open the application envelope. That could take 1-2 months.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Anyone with ON May 2022 application still waiting on approval? Just trying to gage when I can expect my license. Are they even approving new applications? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by tresequis View Post
    Has anyone ever got their card in the mail within that 2 week window of when they said it would be sent? I just want to temper my expectations of getting it before Christmas....
    Mine was approved on Nov. 8/22. I still don't have it. Called the Alberta CFO on the 24th and was told they only print a couple times a week. And, get this, the printer is broken. I offered to buy a new one for them from Staples and send it directly to them. Apparently that wasn't funny. Anyway, I'm still waiting. I believe they are holding it up until a total ban on long guns is passed then they'll tell me to F off.

Quote Originally Posted by Stand Up View Post
    Mine was approved on Nov. 8/22. I still don't have it. Called the Alberta CFO on the 24th and was told they only print a couple times a week. And, get this, the printer is broken. I offered to buy a new one for them from Staples and send it directly to them. Apparently that wasn't funny. Anyway, I'm still waiting. I believe they are holding it up until a total ban on long guns is passed then they'll tell me to F off.
    So do they print these in one centralize location (CFP, Mirimichi) or are these printed at each respective provincial CFO office?
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    So do they print these in one centralize location (CFP, Mirimichi) or are these printed at each respective provincial CFO office?
    I'm not sure. I did send a note to the Ab government and complained but I think the printing is in Miramichi. No response from the Gov't yet on the printing issue. There slow walking all of the applications in hopes you don't get one. Plain and simple.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stand Up View Post
    I'd love to hear what the reaction was.

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to create an account post an update as I have been skimming through this thread for a few hours and listened to all of your advise. I will encourage everyone to attempt this as well, and not get as agitated as me throughout this process. We are dealing with the Canadian government, you shouldn't expect much of anything lol. I did have a run-in with the law in February (non-violent), but I was not convicted of a crime under the criminal code (if anyone has a similar experience it shouldn't affect your application).

I am in Ontario by the way. Submitting a brand new RPAL application, this will be my first license.

I completed the courses early this year (Feb 2022)
    Submitted my application around May 30th
    Received status says June 20th
    My credit card was charged Sept 9th

No change since then. I decided to email the CFO for Ontario this message:

Hello,

I am enquiring on an application I have completed many months back. I have contacted the RCMP CFP and they have advised me that my application has been sent to you. My application has been received as of June 20th and my credit card charged as of September 9th. I have noticed others have received their PAL before me though their applications were submitted after.

Are there any flags on my application or mistakes I made that have not been rectified yet? Any questions that you need me to answer?

My information is below:
    NAME
    ADDRESS

BIRTH CITY

EMAIL
    PHONE NUMBER

Thank you for all the help!
    NAME
    They emailed back about 15 minutes later stating my application is approved and I should receive my card in the mail within 10-15 days. I will note, I had /mvc not /kam.

I am not sure why there are rampant delays that are rectified with a small email, but I hope everyone can have their applications approved after sending a quick email.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to purchase a handgun at this point, but hopefully I can get my hands on a few semi-automatic firearms before my fishing trip. I will be spending quite a bit of money on these firearms so I am hoping I can remain stable and my boat doesn't flip, causing all of my newly acquired firearms to end up in the bottom of the lake.

Merry Christmas!

from previous others timeline, from April 12 received and Oct 3 Approval, so six months

Quote Originally Posted by xejex View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I wanted to create an account post an update as I have been skimming through this thread for a few hours and listened to all of your advise. I will encourage everyone to attempt this as well, and not get as agitated as me throughout this process. We are dealing with the Canadian government, you shouldn't expect much of anything lol. I did have a run-in with the law in February (non-violent), but I was not convicted of a crime under the criminal code (if anyone has a similar experience it shouldn't affect your application).

I am in Ontario by the way. Submitting a brand new RPAL application, this will be my first license.

I completed the courses early this year (Feb 2022)
    Submitted my application around May 30th
    Received status says June 20th
    My credit card was charged Sept 9th

No change since then. I decided to email the CFO for Ontario this message:

They emailed back about 15 minutes later stating my application is approved and I should receive my card in the mail within 10-15 days. I will note, I had /mvc not /kam.

I am not sure why there are rampant delays that are rectified with a small email, but I hope everyone can have their applications approved after sending a quick email.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to purchase a handgun at this point, but hopefully I can get my hands on a few semi-automatic firearms before my fishing trip. I will be spending quite a bit of money on these firearms so I am hoping I can remain stable and my boat doesn't flip, causing all of my newly acquired firearms to end up in the bottom of the lake.

Merry Christmas!
    Tried that a couple of times, but just get canned response either from /kam or /kp .....

I am still waiting for my physical card, but was able to call and get my license number and expiry date. Got some purchases going at least.