Page 608 of 690 FirstFirst ... 588598600601602603604605606607608609610611612613614615616618628 ... LastLast
Results 6,071 to 6,080 of 6900

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by aarondillon View Post
    Just sharing my experience
    How dare you talk to a nice lady on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by xejex View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I wanted to create an account post an update as I have been skimming through this thread for a few hours and listened to all of your advise. I will encourage everyone to attempt this as well, and not get as agitated as me throughout this process. We are dealing with the Canadian government, you shouldn't expect much of anything lol. I did have a run-in with the law in February (non-violent), but I was not convicted of a crime under the criminal code (if anyone has a similar experience it shouldn't affect your application).

I am in Ontario by the way. Submitting a brand new RPAL application, this will be my first license.

I completed the courses early this year (Feb 2022)
    Submitted my application around May 30th
    Received status says June 20th
    My credit card was charged Sept 9th

No change since then. I decided to email the CFO for Ontario this message:

They emailed back about 15 minutes later stating my application is approved and I should receive my card in the mail within 10-15 days. I will note, I had /mvc not /kam.

I am not sure why there are rampant delays that are rectified with a small email, but I hope everyone can have their applications approved after sending a quick email.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to purchase a handgun at this point, but hopefully I can get my hands on a few semi-automatic firearms before my fishing trip. I will be spending quite a bit of money on these firearms so I am hoping I can remain stable and my boat doesn't flip, causing all of my newly acquired firearms to end up in the bottom of the lake.

Merry Christmas!
    Thanks for the info! My app was received August 5th, CC was charged October 7th, references called October 18th. I emailed them Tuesday with your exact email and received this back.

Your application has been approved and you should receive your PAL card via Canada Post in the next 10-15 business days.

Please be advised there is a couple week delay in printing of cards right now in Miramichi, NB. Here in Ontario we do not have a completion date.

Thank you.

/mvc

Seems like mvc is getting stuff done! I must also mention while i do not have a criminal record I did check yes to a few boxes, assault charge as a youth (no peace bond) and yes for addiction as i entered a program at 18 years old. Iam now 34 and have been sober since. No interview was conducted with myself but I tried to be extremely clear and specific with my attached page to my app.

CGN Regular
    Delete
    Last edited by Sizotsm; 02-05-2023 at 11:24 AM.

Dont lose hope. Rumours of possible election in the spring.... apparently trudeau has told his cabinet to start raising funds,knocking on doors, making calls. And to be ready for an election come spring. Source is Toronto Sun. I bet if its true hell be running a campaign based on conservatives wanting to make scary black rifles legal again...

CGN Regular
    You got approved pretty damn fast for having a history, even though it was like 2 decades ago, hope to get an interview in Spring.

Just now wife and 1st Reference got a call and status is now changed to approved and issued. I think emailing CFO-ON and politely following up did the trick. I was told to email my ID Card through my office email id.
    Last edited by rohanrele; 12-01-2022 at 05:25 PM.

I just got off phone yesterday with cfo as mines been issued. Been over 2 weeks now and nothing in mail. When I spoke to them she said they haven’t printed mine yet but I should get it in 2-3 weeks ����#♂️

I have updated today
    Ontario new RPAL/PAL application.

Delivered: July 11, 2022
    CC Charged: Sep 21, 2022
    Initial review completed: Sep 21, 2022
    ======================
    Dec 1,2022: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000).
    Last edited by bondylee; 12-02-2022 at 10:48 AM.

Same boat but 2 weeks on the nose for me, really hoping it arrives before Xmas break

I also have an update, I was able to have my license issued today. Hopefully this helps people:

I called the CFP and explained my last conversations with them and with my CFO, where we established my application was with a "jurisdiction officer" in Miramichi (despite the CFP computer system saying it's with my provincial CFO).

No new updates from the CFP general inquiries line, as they apparently do not have much in the way of direct communication with the jurisdiction officers, so I asked if it's possible to get a number for them.

The general inquiries officer transferred me and after some more time on hold and a brief conversation with the jurisdiction officer (who really was a lovely lady, certainly the most pleasant Federal employee I've dealt with outside of the National Parks Service), she verified that all my approvals had been completed, just one more box to tick to rubber-stamp it, and then she ticked that box and gave me my PAL number.

She did say that they're only printing every 2-3 weeks so not to count on a physical copy until January.

I would recommend this course of action to anyone who's been stuck at the "initial approval complete" phase.