Page 639 of 690 FirstFirst ... 619629631632633634635636637638639640641642643644645646647649659 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,390 of 6900

Thread: PAL Wait Time

From BC: I HAVE BEEN APPROVED AFTER 11 MONTHS OR SO
    Sent First Monday of may 2022
    Received 2022-03-04
    CC charged on May 28 2022

Can’t really find the approved date i did check and call last week and online was saying the generic message we have completed the initial review we will call you if needed blah blah same with the lady i spoke to.
    Checked today: Feb 6 2023 to my surprise it said your app has been processed and your license has been issued and call if not received within 2 weeks.
    NO references were contacted or any other info I provided to back up the addiction i had quit and my family doc wrote otw he doesn’t think i have issues to own a firearm and am stable plus my addiction doc wrote the same thing for me. please if u would like check below why i thought I wouldn’t get approved. I thought they would contact my references for sure regarding my life but nope. Below is kind of a explanation on why i didn’t think i would be approved

Also i called last week and probably sometime on December to see what’s going got no answer Except its with a officer for review.
    If i had any tips to give out don’t bother them to much maybe once a month minimum, also i did not have a lot of hope that I would be approved because of an addiction I had, and a lot of run-ins with the police never been charged and no violence, but I used to get pulled over at least once a week for 3-4 years. There’s many reasons like this that I was worried I wouldn’t get approved but now we’re sitting here and I’m approved and I’m very very happy and thank God I never got into serious trouble.

I know some people here might be worried to tell there issues but if i can get approved almost anyone can Just tell them the truth and I told the truth and attached doctors notes its possible it helped. It can take for ever to be approved. Specially, in my situation. I was thinking another year, so hang in there tight you all will get your turns and be approved around the one-year mark I would start getting worried a little bit. But don’t even bother calling first 6-9 months.

Finally thanks to all the members of the site and all info this site has provided me. Keep your spirits up if you have no charges and nothing major you guys will be approved hang in there and good luck to everyone. I feel very lucky this forum helped a lot.

i have 10 friends who applied same time only 3 got their pal the rest are waiting and their clean people no tickets so the timelines are way off once it shows received online wait 6 months before you call.

AGAIN THANK YOU EVERYONE AND THIS FORUM FOR ALL THE INFO.

Hi All,

Happy to report my final post in regard to my PAL.

Mailed Application: October 8, 2022
    Application Received: November 2, 2022
    Credit Card Charged: December 3, 2022
    Application Approved: December 12, 2022
    Card Printed: Jan 31, 2023
    Card Received: Feb 6, 2023

Also, between application approval and card printing, I called every 2 weeks for an update.

Best of luck to anyone else currently waiting.

took my pal and rpal jan 7th and 8th 2023
    sent in online application jan 8th
    my refereences confirmed jan 8th
    checked the status online everyday
    recieved "your application has been processed and your licence has been issued." status feb 6 2023

i should have my card within 2 weeks they say.

seems like online applications are quicker??

cheers
    Last edited by Scudfist; 02-08-2023 at 03:51 AM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Scudfist View Post
    took my pal and rpal jan 7th and 8th 2023
    sent in online application jan 8th
    my refereences confirmed jan 8th
    checked the status online everyday
    recieved "your application has been processed and your licence has been issued." status feb 6 2023

i should have my card within 2 weeks they say.

seems like online applications are quicker??

cheers
    Did you applied from ontario?

Does anybody else have the situation where in the application portal, their application status shows as submitted (and references completed), but in the Individual Web Services portal, my application can't be found.

For clarity, these are the sites that I mean:

This is the application portal: https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/apply-a-firearms-licence
    This is the Individual Web Services site: https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firear...l-web-services

Quote Originally Posted by jamespw View Post
    Does anybody else have the situation where in the application portal, their application status shows as submitted (and references completed), but in the Individual Web Services portal, my application can't be found.

For clarity, these are the sites that I mean:

This is the application portal: https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/apply-a-firearms-licence
    This is the Individual Web Services site: https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firear...l-web-services
    Are you entering your details correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by DerScharfSchutze View Post
    Hi All,

Happy to report my final post in regard to my PAL.

Mailed Application: October 8, 2022
    Application Received: November 2, 2022
    Credit Card Charged: December 3, 2022
    Application Approved: December 12, 2022
    Card Printed: Jan 31, 2023
    Card Received: Feb 6, 2023

Also, between application approval and card printing, I called every 2 weeks for an update.

Best of luck to anyone else currently waiting.
    My application was received on November 4th and approved in early December. I was able to use the license details to buy a firearm online in December.
    I called 3 or 4 times to inquire about when I would receive the printed card.
    My most recent call was on Monday; the agent told me that the card was 'approved" at the end of January. This was confusing to me since, as far as I knew, the license was approved in December. What she should have said was that the card itself was approved for printing and mailing on January 31st.
    I got the printed card today, it might have arrived yesterday - I didn't check the mailbox.
    Mine's the new card format.
    I'm in Ontario.

Quite the process. Glad it's over. Interestingly, the card expires in November (my birth month) 2028. I thought they were valid for 5 years. I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Deji View Post
    My application was received on November 4th and approved in early December. I was able to use the license details to buy a firearm online in December.
    I called 3 or 4 times to inquire about when I would receive the printed card.
    My most recent call was on Monday; the agent told me that the card was 'approved" at the end of January. This was confusing to me since, as far as I knew, the license was approved in December. What she should have said was that the card itself was approved for printing and mailing on January 31st.
    I got the printed card today, it might have arrived yesterday - I didn't check the mailbox.
    Mine's the new card format.
    I'm in Ontario.

Quite the process. Glad it's over. Interestingly, the card expires in November (my birth month) 2028. I thought they were valid for 5 years. I'm not complaining.
    Congrats on your PAL.

I find when you speak to people at the RCMP, its a grab bag. Sometimes you get someone who knows what they are talking about, sometimes you get someone who, I feel, just says anything to get you off the phone.

Happy hobbying!
    CCFR, CSSA, NFA, ORA

“Is freedom anything else than the right to live as we wish? Nothing else." - Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Markusdb View Post
    Here is my timing

Ontario PAL, it expired 2006, took the course in May 2022
    mail opened June 27
    CC charged Sept 15
    emailed CFO Oct 12 asking if there are any issues
    CFO (KAM) emailed back Oct 19, no issues expect 9 month wait
    Emailed CFO again Nov 13 - received no reply
    Jan 4 application approved and processed
    called Jan 18 at 2:30pm, waited 14 minutes, not printed yet maybe in a month
    Feb 1 card was in the mail
    That same /kam emailed me the same thing expect a wait of 9 months, it’s already been 10 months, I’m not sure how they go about this people that applied months after me get it but me they don’t pick up all I get is a voicemail saying everyone’s busy call back another time, I called the head rcmp office and they keep telling me that they are waiting on ontarios cfo to send back my approval and to call them but like I said they never pick up, rings once goes to voicemail other times it rings a couple times and goes to voicemail… ughhh

Quote Originally Posted by Kingg View Post
    That same /kam emailed me the same thing expect a wait of 9 months, it’s already been 10 months, I’m not sure how they go about this people that applied months after me get it but me they don’t pick up all I get is a voicemail saying everyone’s busy call back another time, I called the head rcmp office and they keep telling me that they are waiting on ontarios cfo to send back my approval and to call them but like I said they never pick up, rings once goes to voicemail other times it rings a couple times and goes to voicemail… ughhh
    It should hopefully be in the any day. It was quite the process mentally, when the card finally showed up in the mail I felt like life can now go on.