Page 640 of 691 FirstFirst ... 620630632633634635636637638639640641642643644645646647648650660 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,400 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Sent paper applications for both me and my wife, (same envelope) in Québec, on Dec 16th 2022. I registered on the RCMP's online service portal and found out on Jan 24th, that both our PAL had been approved and issued. It took less than 5 weeks. BUT, when will the cards be delivered, will have to wait and see.
    UPDATE
    Called Miramichi and confirmed PAL had been approved. They gave me my PAL number and told me card remains to be printed. But don't know when that would happen.
    UPDATE
    We both got our cards today, Fev 9th. Took a total of 54 days from start to finish. Both got the new style cards. All dates the same for us, we had the same contacts (who were never contacted). I suppose sending the 2 paper applications in the same envelope helped!
    And everybody was telling us about 6 months wait time!!!

Okay, so i know couple of people, who have applied for PAL in Jan week 1 and are approved. My application was submitted online in December 2022 (Mid ). I am thinking that me being born in a different country is the reason of this delay. I came to Canada 8 years ago and spent 24 years in my home country. So probably a background check is being done and its taking time.

your best bet, is to call them or you can always track your process on the rcmp website!

Quote Originally Posted by DerScharfSchutze View Post
    Congrats on your PAL.

I find when you speak to people at the RCMP, its a grab bag. Sometimes you get someone who knows what they are talking about, sometimes you get someone who, I feel, just says anything to get you off the phone.

Happy hobbying!
    You are absolutely correct. I have spoken to animated, polite, knowledgeable individuals and to one who made it plain that my call was not worth her while. And every shade between.
    Sure glad I don't need to call them for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearwinter View Post
    Okay, so i know couple of people, who have applied for PAL in Jan week 1 and are approved. My application was submitted online in December 2022 (Mid ). I am thinking that me being born in a different country is the reason of this delay. I came to Canada 8 years ago and spent 24 years in my home country. So probably a background check is being done and its taking time.
    There is no evidence that the RCMP singles out naturalized Canadian applicants for extra scrutiny. None of my references was called and there were no additional questions asked because I happen to be born outside Canada. Reading through this forum, it's plain that the likeliest cause of approval delays are the applicant's entry of sloppy or incomplete information or the details entered in Section C, the Personal History section of the application form.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearwinter View Post
    Okay, so i know couple of people, who have applied for PAL in Jan week 1 and are approved.
    Yes this happened to me. I applied on January 3rd. And when I logged in yesterday, it said that my PAL had been issued and to expect it in the mail in 2 weeks. They also only emailed my references.

Final update:

Applied online Dec 10, approved Jan 11, received new card Feb 10. 2 months exactly!

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Sent In new pal/rpal applications for the Gf and I. Seperate envelopes.
    Received: Nov,23,2022 (both)
    viewable: Dec,17,2022 (for the Gf) Mine had an error and I called in to fix it.I knew once hers was viewable there was something wrong with mine(forgot city born in)... Mine was viewable the day I called to fix which was 3 days later.

I have a criminal history so I wasnt expecting mine to be fast. My Gf does not have a history. we called a couple times over the last two months and were told in January that our applications were sent to cfo ontario.
    Fast forward to 02,13,23 Gf called cfo ontario, she was told her application would be put through to someone for a final review and to wait 5 to 10 days for an answer.
    As for myself I was told in January to wait upto 9 months.(because of history)

This is one of those times that calling did help, as the Girlfriend was hesitant, I assured her they are super nice and its not an issue to ask, she is now SO HAPPY she called haha. Fingers crossed, will update in the coming days.

Congrats to all the approved peoples!!

CGN Regular
    What history exactly if you don't mind divulging?

Did my course In March 2022 and after almost waiting a year I got mine Feb 1st.

I hope everyone else gets it a lot quicker than I did.