Page 661 of 691 FirstFirst ... 641651653654655656657658659660661662663664665666667668669671681 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,610 of 6903

Thread: PAL Wait Time

I love a good ol’ functioning bureaucracy …

Got my license a few days ago, here is my timeline for Alberta, with an online submission.

February 20th took PAL
    February 20th went home and applied online
    March 9th, status changed to initial review completed blah blah blah
    May 1st, I started calling the RCMP weekly for an update and emailing my CFO weekly.
    My file was sent to the Alberta CFO for review in March and sat there for weeks
    May 26th, called RCMP, they transferred me to my provincial CFO who approved and processed it over the phone while I waited.

Total wait time 3 months and 6 days
    Total emails 4
    Total phone calls 4

Ours (new PAL applications) came in, in seven weeks, start to finish. I was surprised, as we’d been told to expect six-plus months. A friend applied for his RPAL, and it was ten months to receive his license.

Quote Originally Posted by MBGLK View Post
    Got my license a few days ago, here is my timeline for Alberta, with an online submission.

February 20th took PAL
    February 20th went home and applied online
    March 9th, status changed to initial review completed blah blah blah
    May 1st, I started calling the RCMP weekly for an update and emailing my CFO weekly.
    My file was sent to the Alberta CFO for review in March and sat there for weeks
    May 26th, called RCMP, they transferred me to my provincial CFO who approved and processed it over the phone while I waited.

Total wait time 3 months and 6 days
    Total emails 4
    Total phone calls 4

Did you check any boxes?

2023-04-01 took course
    2023-04-03 mailed out the application
    2023-04-11 application received / CC charged

--- update 2023/06/07 ---
    Called RCMP and was told the application already went to CFO
    Called Manitoba CFO (ext 8004) and was told they are currently working on renewals from 2022.
    Asked how long I should wait before the next call. Told me 'Just wait for months'.

--- update 2023/06/29
    Called Manitoba CFO again. This time was picked up by a nice lady.
    After providing the necessary information waited a few mins, I was told it was just approved.

Total waiting time less than 3 months.
    Last edited by superxin; 06-29-2023 at 03:28 PM.

I'm an Ontario resident. Thought id share my timeline for getting me PAL. I'd recommend new applicants really go over their application with a fine tooth comb as missing any information can really slow down the approval time.
    Timeline:

Nov 09, 2022 - Mailed application
    Dec 09, 2022 - RCMP charge my CC
    Dec 09, 2022 - Application “completed initial processing”
    May 24, 2023 - Mailed the CFO and ask about my status,
    May 25, 2023 -They replied and said it’s approved.
    May 25, 2023 - Message appears online: “Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canada Firearms Center Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)”
    May 30, 2023 - Still waiting
    June 05, 2023 - Received the PAL

They said they are currently experiencing a 3 week backlog for printing. I'll edit this post once received in the mail. If other ontario applicants can provide their rough timing of how long it took from being approved to receiving their card in the mail that'd be appreciated.
    Last edited by TitanPython; 06-05-2023 at 05:52 PM.

Anyone know the current wait times in New brunswick

Firearms / hunters safety courses completed = 4/11/2023
    Application filled out online / received = 4/19/2023
    Credit card charged = 4/19/2023
    References confirmed = 4/19/2023
    Current status = "We have completed the initial review of your firearms license application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date."
    Sent email to CFO 5/31/2023

Quote Originally Posted by f8tesuqs View Post
    Here’s my current timing (in Ontario):

CFSC completed - March 25
    Certified test results received from FSESO - April 24
    PAL application submitted online - April 25
    Reference checks and photo guarantor check completed, initial review completed and credit card charged - April 26
    PAL issued - some distant point in the future….
    Updated PAL processing/timing:

CFSC completed - March 25
    Certified test results received from FSESO - April 24
    PAL application submitted online - April 25
    Reference checks and photo guarantor check completed, initial review completed and credit card charged - April 26
    Letter received claiming digital photo not acceptable (shadows); requested hardcopy passport-style photo to be sent - May 15
    Sent back a passport style photo to Miramichi, NB - May 15
    Called RCMP CFP to see if photo was received (said it wasn't in the system) - May 29

I was told to call back in 2-4 weeks for an update. Personally, I think my digital photo submitted on April 25 was fine and met all of the criteria in the application, and this is just a delay tactic. No boxes checked in my application.

PAL/RPAL wait time

Exciting News - Approval of My PAL/RPAL License Application from Ontario via mail.
    Applied on January 2023
    Payment on February 2023
    Email sent to CFO on May 28
    License was approved on June 2nd.
    Calls were made 5

Dear friends,

I hope this message finds you all well. I am delighted to share some exciting news with you - my PAL/RPAL license application has been approved! After a wait filled with anticipation and occasional disappointment, I received the long-awaited confirmation today, June 2nd. For the past four months and twelve days, I have eagerly awaited this moment.

Acquiring the PAL/RPAL license was an important step for me to engage in responsible firearm ownership and participate in shooting activities legally and safely. It required dedication, perseverance, and adherence to all the necessary regulations and requirements set by the Canadian Firearms Act.

While the waiting period was longer than anticipated, I am thankful for the improvements being made to streamline the application process. My experience has highlighted the significance of providing feedback to help enhance the system for future applicants.

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation to the Chief Firearms Office for their diligence and professionalism in processing my application. Their approval reflects their commitment to ensuring responsible gun ownership while prioritizing safety and security.

I look forward to sharing my passion for firearms responsibly and participating in shooting activities within the bounds of the law. Should you have any questions or wish to learn more about my experiences, I am more than happy to discuss it further.

Once again, thank you for your unwavering support and understanding during this journey. I am grateful to have friends like you who have stood by me every step of the way.

Warm regards,
    Ghost

Since the license is approved I’m looking forward to purchas a good weapon. Right now I’m confused between 3-4 rifles.

I believe you guys are also doing your delicate research on guns.

If you have any suggestions or idea please brief me.

Crusader Arms Temp- 5.56
    Lockhart Tactical- Raven 5.56
    Black creek labs: Siberian 5.56
    Kodiak Defence: Wk180 gen 2 (5.56)

Please let me know what you think about this list.

Regards,
    Ghost