Page 679 of 685 FirstFirst ... 659669671672673674675676677678679680681682683684685 LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,790 of 6849

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Waxford View Post
    Hi!
    Here is my current timeline in BC.

07/12/23 pal safety courses received
    07/14/23 mailed PAL application
    07/17/23 Application received and Cc charged. Checked online status, “application received… come back at a later date.”
    10/24/23 called RCMP to ask if I can provide help/ informations. They just replied everything is fine, just wait.
    11/09/23 called RCMP to update an information about one of my references. I’ve been told it’s now in final review.

So I’m waiting since already 4 months and nothing changed on the website, I hope I’ll get it before Christmas… any idea how long the “final review” in BC can takes?
    In B.C. as well. "No" on everything on application. Submitted application March 31st 2023. Just got notification on website this week that it was approved, so 7 months and 21 days. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Cagemaster View Post
    In B.C. as well. "No" on everything on application. Submitted application March 31st 2023. Just got notification on website this week that it was approved, so 7 months and 21 days. Geez.
    Wow thatís a long wait, thanks for the info, and enjoy!
    Did you had to call or email them?

Just recived the update, I'm in Ontario
    CFO got everthing July
    Thank you about tine finaly

Current status
    Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000).

Quote Originally Posted by Maywest View Post
    Province: Ontario
    CFSC and CRFSC on September 16&17th
    Received paperwork on October 12th
    Applied for PAL and RPAL online on same day
    Received license in mail November 16
    What the heck. That was fast in comparison to my 5.5 month wait.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianMohawk View Post
    What the heck. That was fast in comparison to my 5.5 month wait.
    Hey I'm in Ontario too and have been waiting about 4.5 months so far. Did you call or email them? Was it your first time applying?

They told me I had to wait at least 6 months ...

Quote Originally Posted by jomoshy View Post
    Just got up this morning and saw the charge, immediately went into the system and checked my application and found it's trackable online.

My timeline:

July 2023&first week of August: Completed both courses(restricted& non-restricted)
    August 9: Mailed my Application.(Xpresspost)
    August 14: CP said it was delivered on August 14.
    August 28: Credit Card was charged at around 8:30AM and it became trackable after 20 mins or so.
    Sept 5th: Called RCMP Miramichi, told me my reference's phone number seemed to be missing and then immediately gave them that info. Turned out they have to go through my files to get the phone number. After this, they forwarded my application to Alberta CFO.

Now we wait.
    Located in Alberta

I also phoned them this morning and they told me they just processed my application and it was perfect, for now. If they need more information, they will send me an email/mail.

Note: I was not born here and haven't been in Canada for 5 years so I do need a criminal check from home. Fortunately, they have an online system where you can put your ID and they will send you a digital version of your criminal check.

Aug 31: IWS still shows initial review was completed, called CFO Alberta yesterday, lady from CFO was very professional and courteous. She told me my photo was waiting to be scanned in Miramichi and it's gonna take some time.
    Edit: Alberta CFO just sent me an email notifying me that I was approved!(November 29, 2023)

Quote Originally Posted by The Gun Nut View Post
    Hey I'm in Ontario too and have been waiting about 4.5 months so far. Did you call or email them? Was it your first time applying?

They told me I had to wait at least 6 months ...
    It was my first time applying, and I hadn't called or emailed them. It seems I'm just lucky
    Last edited by Maywest; 11-29-2023 at 10:51 PM.

In Ontario did my courses may of 2022
    Submitted every thing on June of 2022
    Pal/rpal received no I have been waiting 1 year and 7 months now last time I called the Cfo was 7 months ago and they told me itís with my Toronto firearms officer Nadine teeft of Toronto and that there were eligibility issues. I have no criminal record and I did disclose my youth charge and peace bond it feels like I will never get it cause I have been waiting so long. I donít even feel like calling anymore cause I feel like Iím in the 3 or 4 year pile. SMH they took my money almost 2 years ago
    Last edited by Swiftp; 12-01-2023 at 07:19 AM.

in alberta
    i sent everything in online and got my pal in the mail 30 days later

Quote Originally Posted by The Gun Nut View Post
    A quick update:

May 10th: Took the course.

July 1st: Received the results.

July 17th: My mail application was received by RCMP.

Aug 1st: My credit card was charged. My application was trackable online for the first time.
    My status was and still is: "We have completed the initial review of your firearms license application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date."

Aug 15th: I emailed the CFO, and they replied on the same day:
    Thank you for your email. Your application has been forwarded to us at the Chief Firearms Office for standard review. At this time, we are not able to provide a date of completion. Please expect a 6-month delay from the date received by the Canadian Firearm Program *2023/07/17* for initial review.
    You can check the status of your application online here: https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/firear...l-web-services

I hope the wait time isn't actually 6 months!
    Update:
    It wasn't 6 months, but it was close!

Dec 7th: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000).

Might have been a week or two earlier since I only checked twice a month.

I'm so excited!!