Page 685 of 689 FirstFirst ... 665675677678679680681682683684685686687688689 LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,850 of 6885

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by outdooralberta View Post
    thats incredibly fast! did you get any updates online? or just receive the card in the mail one day?
    Yes, all updates showed online on the IWS site. Showed as changed to card shipping as well.

I am in Ontario

Jan 6/7 - CFSC/CRFSC completed
    Feb 22 - FSESO forms returnded (7.5 weeks)
    Feb 22 - Submitted PAL application and all reference/guarantor signatures required have been completed.
    Feb 23 - Application Status "Application Succesfully Submitted"

FYI...For anyone in Ontario, I reached out to the FSESO office for an update on the CFSC/CRFSC forms and they stated this week that they were processing mid-January classes. Shortly after I spoke to them I received them in the mail.

Ill keep you posted on my PAL status.

So I just caught #### from the general 4000 telephone number...

Timeline:
    Applied online December 28th 2023
    Signatories signed off on December 31st
    Called in to check the status end of January and was told that there was a 28 day minimum waiting time for new applications and to call back at the 45-day mark
    Called in again on the 45-day mark, told no update, and to call back after 60 days
    Called in today, and was given #### for calling so much. I explained the timelines that I was given during previous calls and that my daughter and I were just excited to get our licences and start our journey together. She got pissy and told no update, and that because of the super high amount of applicants, it is taking longer than normal. I asked if there was a backlog then and she told me no, but that there was a high amount of new applicants which was causing delays. When I said that what she was describing sounds like the definition of a backlog, and she hung up on me.

I want to be crystal clear, I kept everything about the call casual, no increasing voice, no tone changes, no profanity, no nothing.

I don't mind being patient, and I am totally willing to be. I am just confused by all the conflicting information about the process provided by this call centre.

Tempted to file a complaint, but I don't want to jeopardize our application approval.

What province?

Quote Originally Posted by Declared Bishop View Post
    So I just caught #### from the general 4000 telephone number...

Timeline:
    Applied online December 28th 2023
    Signatories signed off on December 31st
    Called in to check the status end of January and was told that there was a 28 day minimum waiting time for new applications and to call back at the 45-day mark
    Called in again on the 45-day mark, told no update, and to call back after 60 days
    Called in today, and was given #### for calling so much. I explained the timelines that I was given during previous calls and that my daughter and I were just excited to get our licences and start our journey together. She got pissy and told no update, and that because of the super high amount of applicants, it is taking longer than normal. I asked if there was a backlog then and she told me no, but that there was a high amount of new applicants which was causing delays. When I said that what she was describing sounds like the definition of a backlog, and she hung up on me.

I want to be crystal clear, I kept everything about the call casual, no increasing voice, no tone changes, no profanity, no nothing.

I don't mind being patient, and I am totally willing to be. I am just confused by all the conflicting information about the process provided by this call centre.

Tempted to file a complaint, but I don't want to jeopardize our application approval.

Alberta

BC here, currently 90 days since application submitted, I called twice in recent months and the answer been the same, the application was approved and is with the provincial department responsible for issuing it.

Same story with me...

Quote Originally Posted by waitwhatnothing View Post
    Update on my progress so far.

Dec. 9th PAL course
    Jan 26th results received
    Jan 26th online application submitted
    Feb 2nd all references completed their part

Hoping for license issued by April but who knows.
    Feb. 28th surprised to find the status says license issued

I wonder if having to call in about a typo (I misspelled a references e-mail) got eyes on it sooner than it would otherwise and sped up the process?

Hello everyone. Just created an account today to spread hope to those who have answered yes to personal questions on their application. I said yes to 2 of them. Also, I'm in Alberta. Not sure how the experience will be in other provinces.

Quick summary: I have unpardoned criminal convictions. Drug possession and assault on police officer (from resisting arrest). The charges came from poor decision making in 2018. I wrote a single page letter describing my life choices that lead up to the incident and the positive changes I've made in my life since. I doubted my application would be approved.

After a pleasant chat with a CFO agent this morning, I have been approved and expect my license in 2 weeks. We had a conversation where I was open and honest about my charges and past substance use/addictions. Basically a recap of the letter.

I applied July 4, 2023.

I called once a month since my application. Had a short chat, kept it pleasant, they made a note on my file each time I called.

I received a phonecall and was approved March 1, 2024.

If my convictions were more recent, the outcome may have been different. But they do recognize people are capable of changing for the better. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by nsjmmw View Post
    Hello everyone. Just created an account today to spread hope to those who have answered yes to personal questions on their application. I said yes to 2 of them. Also, I'm in Alberta. Not sure how the experience will be in other provinces.

Quick summary: I have unpardoned criminal convictions. Drug possession and assault on police officer (from resisting arrest). The charges came from poor decision making in 2018. I wrote a single page letter describing my life choices that lead up to the incident and the positive changes I've made in my life since. I doubted my application would be approved.

After a pleasant chat with a CFO agent this morning, I have been approved and expect my license in 2 weeks. We had a conversation where I was open and honest about my charges and past substance use/addictions. Basically a recap of the letter.

I applied July 4, 2023.

I called once a month since my application. Had a short chat, kept it pleasant, they made a note on my file each time I called.

I received a phonecall and was approved March 1, 2024.

If my convictions were more recent, the outcome may have been different. But they do recognize people are capable of changing for the better. Good luck!
    How long was your conversation and how stressful and scrutinising was it? I note you said it was pleasant and short but still.
    Last edited by TheWayOfTheWind; 03-02-2024 at 08:24 PM.