Page 6 of 691 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

So I don't remember if I came back and posted this so here you go..

I took my course in Ontario for both the non restricted and restricted. I took them at York Region Firearm Academy... From the time I completed the course it was 6 weeks for me to get my paperwork back from the RCMP.

Once I got the paperwork back, I mailed it all in with my application and picture and all that suff and it the same day I got the paperwork back from the RCMP. I mailed my application on June 1st and it was received June 3rd.

They called me and my references about the first week of July. I waited the 45 days and nothing happened. The online status just said your application has been processed and if waiting final approval. I called and they said to wait 90 days from the time it was received and then call back.

I waited the 45 more days and checked online every day and there was no change. After the 90 days. I called again and they gave me the extension of the officers in charge of my file. It was the CFO for the area I live in. I left him a message and did not get a call back. I called again 10 days later and spoke to him. He asked me a few questions about why it could have been held up. Like if I was on medication or had ever been arrested. I said NO and the officer said he would look into it and call me back the next day. The next day I did not get a call but I check online and it was processed.

I got the card one week later.

So it took me 101 days for the application to get approved and processed.
    And 7 days to get the card.
    and 1 hour to go buy a Remington 870 once I had the card

84 day mark. Everytime I call in they tell me to wait one or two more weeks and call in again.

It's been 3 weeks since I took the CFSC in Ontario and am still waiting for the results.

Upgrade from Possession Only License to Possession - Acquisition with Non restricted and restricted endorsements 77 days from the time of mailing until I had the card in my hand. Mostly due to my error. Time line follows

1.Mailed June 15th, 2012
    2.RCMP CFP Miramichi, NB received in 7 days.
    3. Posted as in processing in 14 days (7 days after they received it)
    4. Additional information required. on web site July 4th, 2012
    5. Mailed them additional information August 14th, 2012
    6, RCMP CFP Miramichi, NB Received August 20th, 2012
    7. Application approved and mailed August 24th, 2012
    9. Received by me August 31st, 2012

I was on holidays for 3 weeks when the more information flag appeared on the web site. On my return July 20 I had a letter stating that my photo guarantor hadn't signed. He signed the piece glued to the photograph, but not section I. I didn't check the form hard enough. My error!

Forms included for the guarantor to sign included. Form for me to sign as well. Can't remember what that was for.

Death in the family traveling slowed my response until August 14th 2012.

My original guarantor not available as he was off on holidays for 6 weeks. Got another person to act as guarantor and submitted another photograph as well. Just in case. Mailed August 14th, 2012 received by RCMP CFP Miramichi NB August 20st, 2012 Approved August 24th, 2012

August 31st, 2012 received my Firearms License Possession-Acquisition with Non-restricted and Restricted endorsements. Had been approved and mailed 4 days after they received my additional paper work.

Lesson check everything very carefully when you originally send it in.

98 day mark still nothing. All references called. Paperwork is all in order. Just sitting on the cfo's desk. At this rate ill own my first handgun by march. Maybe....

After my last reference check was done I had it in about 5 days. I would follow up with your references as if they have not been interviewed then it just sits and waits. When I called to get the status of mine I asked a few questions and iI was told that if the RCMP decides to send it back to the province for final verification(for a multitude of reasons)..there is no set timeline. Maybe I was lucky?

I decided to call the cfo's office today anyways and the told me 100 plus days wait times are normal right now for bc. Should have applied for my pal a long time ago

CGN Regular
    100 days, ouch!

My dad sent in his PAL application a week after me and got his PAL about 2 weeks ago. Mine still shows in progress.

I talked to the CFC today and they said its in the final checks stage. Man this sucks!

110 days mark

And waiting, at least I am not alone here

Still monitoring other threads and it sure seems like it still takes over 100 days to get your PAL/RPAL in B.C. whereas in other parts of Canada it can be in your hands in less than half that time.