Page 86 of 689 FirstFirst ... 6676787980818283848586878889909192939496106 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPatriot91 View Post
    This is for my CFSC.

July 23, 2017- Completed course
    Aug 24, 2017- Test results received in the mail
    Aug 28, 2017- Application received in Miramichi, NB.
    Sept 28, 2017- Application status appears on line. Initial stage of processing complete.
    Oct 3, 2017- Licence issued and mailed. If I don't receive it in two weeks, then RCMP wants me to call them.

I'm very satisfied with the time it took to issue the license. My instructor said it would ideally take about 3 months from the day the course was completed.
    you should be satisfied, mine was received a month before yours and is still in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by cns187 View Post
    you should be satisfied, mine was received a month before yours and is still in progress.
    I thought they processed them in order of when the application was received? Guess not.

Submitted Sept 12th, no info available on the website yet. Hopefully all goes smooth!

CGN Regular
    Mine is supposedly in the mail now - received in their hands August 18th, 2017, didn't appear in the system for just under 5 weeks, then in process for two weeks and now "in transit" for one week.

My wife and I sent in our RPAL applications on July 27th (Manitoba).
    Both licences have now been issued, my wife already got hers and mine is in the mail.
    My license was issued on Oct 11th, my wife's a few days earlier.

Pretty decent, considering hunting season is around the corner.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPatriot91 View Post
    I thought they processed them in order of when the application was received? Guess not.
    Based on the dates received and dates issued, I guess not. Perhaps it varies based on your province. It also occurred to me that I already have a police background check on file because I volunteer with my kids sports, and that may make it quicker/easier to approve.

Quote Originally Posted by NewfieWabbit View Post
    I don't understand how it takes in excess of 20+ business days to enter an application. If the place it that busy then they need more people on staff around busy times such as leading into the fall.
    If they the CFO or RCMP for each province has to review it's really shameful to have an application entered into the system already beyond the mandated 28 day waiting period.

With today's technology this should be streamlined and automated. You pass your course you receive a unique number (UN) that allows you to enter your first time PAL application online. Each UN would be on the paper copy you fill out to do the course. The same paper copy your marks are entered on. The UN from that gets entered by the instructor into "they system" as verification/validation of passing/failing. Applications are instantly online, Miramichi can verify data or whatever they do now. However at the same time CFO/RCMP can do their end. So in my case the 20+ days to just get in the system gets eliminated.

To do a course early August and not have a PAL come hunting season is somewhat sad..
    Couldn't agree more, the wait times are absurd. 203 days here.

CGN Regular
    wait times aside, just imagine how much more cost effective the system could be if you made the applicant do the data entry work. Yes, you might still need to scan and upload a copy of your course form and signed reference pages, but the time, labor cost (and potential for errors) that comes from manual data entry would be eliminated. Just don't hire the group that designed the government payroll system to design this system...

6 months and still waiting, phone weekly

Issued!

Province: Ontario

7/07 - CFSC/CFRSC Class

8/23 - Received Stamped CFO paperwork. Mailed application (registered mail).

8/25 - [Day 1] Application delivered to RCMP

9/8 - [Day 14] Talked to RCMP, said it may take 60 days to show up

9/27 - [Day 33] "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."

9/29 - [Day 35] "Your application has been received. It is currently being processed. You have been, or will be contacted either by phone or by mail for additional information. Please check the status again at a later date." [Contacted. Missing CFSC document. Faxed in.]

10/04 - [Day 40] Contacted, takes 2 weeks to get through faxes, probably won't get to my fax for 2 more weeks

10/13 - [Day 49] Contacted. Fax not processed yet. Try re-faxing.

10/16 - [Day 52] "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."

10/20 - [Day 56] "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000")