Page 8 of 688 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by milspek View Post
    woh woh woh, wtf... i did my course back in sept as well and the instructor said he had to mail something out to some cheif firearms guys, me and my girlfriend still have our applications thinking that we have to wait for something back from this guy.. what is going on here? and whats this website to check if its a go?

Well I'm from Manitoba and when I did the test I was given the test results at the time of the test and I mailed it out with my application.
    Here is the website!

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/eCFISI...nguage=English

woh woh woh, wtf... i did my course back in sept as well and the instructor said he had to mail something out to some cheif firearms guys, me and my girlfriend still have our applications thinking that we have to wait for something back from this guy.. what is going on here? and whats this website to check if its a go?
    The instructors instruct you to wait for stamped test results to come back from the CFO before sending in your application to miramachi. That is the proper way to do it. If you read the sticky thread on shortening pal wait times they advise you to send in your application right away to get the 28 day cooling off process started. Then once the stamped test results come back from the CFO, you fax them to miramachi along with your application number.

CGN frequent flyer OccasionallyOnTarget's Avatar
    The time from putting my application in the mail to receiving my license in the mail was 48 days (August 31 to October 18).

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Sounds like you're from Ontario. Same issue when I did mine. The examiner has to send off the test results to the CFO's office and then they send it back to you which takes approx 3-4wks. You DO NOT have to wait for your results! Send in your forms NOW via registered mail requiring a signature or courier so you can track it to ensure it arrives safely and put a Post-it note saying you are waiting for your test results from the CFO's office. Make copies of ALL your forms before sending them off! Once the RCMP's records that they have received your forms, the clock for your minimum 28 day wait starts ticking. That usually take about 2-3wks to show up online BUT the time-stamp will be the day they received and entered your forms into their database. The RCMP will send you a letter saying your test results are missing and to mail or fax your results to them. By this time, you should have received your test results from the CFO and you can then fax in the scores. If it's RPAL, you and your references should be getting calls shortly after you've sent in your test scores. About a week after the last interview, you should have a nice shiny R/PAL card.

If there are restricted firearms (esp ones that are on backorder) that you want to buy, you can contact the stores and place a deposit on them and they will complete the sale once you get your RPAL. Have fun!

Oh man, I wish I would have known about this a while back. Thanks guys.

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/eCFISI...TRhjT!32922049

Mine was submitted sept 24th -- pal/rpal
    received Sept 28th
    Showed up online around the 17th of october
    Called today Oct 23rd to make sure I didnt screw up the forms

They said it was all correct and if I had 5 minutes they would do the interview.. needless to say, I had the time. After the interview I asked if I could have my references call in, since it would be easier. They gave me the extention to get my refs to call. Everyone was totally nice - for some reason I was expecting something else. Both references called in.. so thats all done.

I figured that was it, it sounded like after your references are done a few days later they issue the license, but now I'm reading that people in BC have had to wait 100+ days - what happens after your references are called -- what other processing happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeer View Post
    received Sept 28th

They said it was all correct and if I had 5 minutes they would do the interview.. needless to say, I had the time. After the interview I asked if I could have my references call in, since it would be easier. They gave me the extention to get my refs to call. Everyone was totally nice - for some reason I was expecting something else. Both references called in.. so thats all done.

I figured that was it, it sounded like after your references are done a few days later they issue the license, but now I'm reading that people in BC have had to wait 100+ days - what happens after your references are called -- what other processing happens?
    After he legislated wait period your application goes to the CfO for final approval, which can take a day, or a month, or god knows how else long....
    Remember the Alamo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar
    Hey Zeer

This is how mine went ---> http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...=1#post7811300

Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Zeer View Post
    received Sept 28th

Ya, thats what I figured, it was just 28 days plus some random number of extra days for being in BC.
    My 28 days are not even up till friday, not really in a rush, I just dislike the arbitrariness of the whole thing