Page 98 of 690 FirstFirst ... 788890919293949596979899100101102103104105106108118 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    My Pal expires in June and I sent in last week. I'm thinking six months for a renewal should be good. But it is the RCMP firearms program so anything can run off the rails at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kressman View Post
    I did the CRFSC on November 26th
    Sent in my application and it was received on Dec. 1st
    CC charged and showed online Jan.15th
    I'm in Ontario and still have not received my course results back.

I spoke with the one guy you can call on Jan 17th, and still haven't heard anything back after leaving a message on the 19th. Does anyone know of another way to obtain the course report? or am I just stuck in limbo?
    call FSESO again.. and the same time you can try emailing them but i highly doubt if u will hear back from them..

Well, I got antsy again... and checked online... I'm in the system!

So, it took 40 days from when they received it to when it showed up in the system...

well, that is a start...welcome to the waiting game....

Sorry for the stupid question but when people say they haven't recieved their stamped scores back is that something that is needed by everyone or is this a province specific thing? I completed my course in december here in BC and we got our scores given to us right after the test which i sent in along with the application.
    Just wondering if there's one more thing I'm waiting on that i didn't realize has to happen first.

All I know (Ontario) is that I took my courses, and the instructor was clear- the stamped results would be sent to me by...some agency whose name I cannot recall. I would hazard a guess that if you were given forms that were signed and "official" then you'd be set so long as you sent those with your application.

Interesting, I never thought it would be different province to province for what is actually a federal procedure. I guess I really shouldn’t be surprised though.
    When I did the course we all filled in a 4 page carbon copy for each the restricted and no restricted parts and then then the instructor added our scores for the practicals and written tests and signed it and gave us the copy to send off with the application.
    I wonder if the different procedures has any affect on wait times for processing?

Quote Originally Posted by RidgeHunter View Post
    Sorry for the stupid question but when people say they haven't recieved their stamped scores back is that something that is needed by everyone or is this a province specific thing? I completed my course in december here in BC and we got our scores given to us right after the test which i sent in along with the application.
    Just wondering if there's one more thing I'm waiting on that i didn't realize has to happen first.
    Alberta works the same way. You leave the course with all the paper work you need.

Matt

Leave it to Ontario......

Another data point to add. I didn't really track all the events in between, but Miramichi accepted my application packet on Nov 8 of last year and this past Monday, Jan 22, I was marked as issued and in the mail. Considering I was flagged for "missing information" due to FSESO taking ages to return my stamped test results, as well as some credit card shenanigans (card number I put on application was compromised and cancelled) for me to sort out I am surprised I wasn't delayed much longer.

No references called, which seems to be the odd status quo right now.