Page 14 of 691 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

My total wait time was 106 days. My application was forwarded to 3 different people within the Ontario CFO's office and then went to the Ottawa Police Department for final approval, which was another phone interview. I called once every week to check in on it and had my references call in for their interviews.
    You can never have enough Mag's

do you think they get pissed if you call into the ontario CFO office to check on it every other day?

I had mine in 6 weeks in Manitoba. Most people don't realize that there is a minimum wait of 28 days. So the processing can happen any time after that.
    If someone thinks they have the upper hand.... Break it!
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. -D.H. Lawrence

Just a heads up mine was a straight renewal
    On a RPAL mine has been in since February haven't seen it yet
    My girlfriend an x ont police has been waiting on her RPAL
    Since January
    Bc CFO
    I've owned a firearm for 37 years
    And my father 60 years before that all legal all registed
    Pro / restricted / long
    And it takes 5 month to do a renewal
    I think I'm going to take it up with the local MLA

ARRRRGGGGG!!!!!
    100 plus days and counting.
    Sent RPAL application in mid Feb. cashed my cheque on March 8, called around beginning of April and was told it was sent to the CFO in BC and I should have it any day!! What a joke!
    Now I have to call the BC CFO and be nice hard to do.

I wish I would have checked the forum on how to move your apllication along first. Never suspected i would have any issues though.
    This is my forth renewal and I am squeaky clean not even any traffic problems, had 2 criminal record checks for employment and volunteer stuff since my last RPAL.... makes a person wonder how in the world it can take that long.
    Last edited by bronco38; 08-28-2022 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Old post

Quote Originally Posted by trottd2 View Post
    Where do you check online to check the status? I am still waiting for my paper work to come back to send in my app and picture.

^^this

Sent in my application on june 8th for my PAL. First time so i guess im in the 28 day wait right now but would love to check it out online.

Thanks! Just checked and nothing online yet.. says if info is correct check back at a later date

My renewal app sent in Sept, got lost altogether, had to do a new application! 1 thing after another went wrong, I had all registrations certs revoked, by the time I finally got it approved it was mid june! That's 9 months. A couple weeks later I received all new reg certs for all the restricteds, all in sequential numbering I kept all my paperwork, copies of applications sent, etc, with me when I went to the range anyway... you know what they say. I still have yet to be asked to produce a licence or registration certificate after being an active shooter for over 25 years.
    "You can get more done with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone." ~ Al Capone
    CSAAA ADFGA

just giving an update.

Started the Restricted Firearms course March 30. Go my License today on July 16, i'm okay with this wait time, got a little impatient but glad it is here.