Page 218 of 691 FirstFirst ... 198208210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226228238 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 6908

Thread: PAL Wait Time

My application was approved on April 4. I called this morning, they are not yet at April 4 for printing. I was told to expect another 2-3 weeks before I get my card in my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathforum View Post
    My application was approved on April 4. I called this morning, they are not yet at April 4 for printing. I was told to expect another 2-3 weeks before I get my card in my hands.
    This is comical (but I'm not laughing). I was approved on April 8th (ish... might be been earlier, but I wasn't looking at the RCMP website daily to confirm exactly what day it was approved). So I'm in my 6th week. They're now saying it's going to be another 2-3 weeks? So an 8-9 week wait from approved? How aren't they providing us with temporary card? The same way we are provided with temp. drivers licence when a new photo is taken? This is insane.

CGN Regular
    Pending since January 19.
    Pal / Rpal renewal from Quebec

So if I understand correctly , buying a restricted firearm requires an RPAL and then going down to Joe's Guns and Ammo to pick out a firearm . Joe requests a transfer number from the RCMP and then I take this number and request an ATT number. I then pick up the firearm and take it via a reasonably direct route to the destination on the ATT. Both transfer and ATT are paper documents and are made possible by an RPAL number written out on a form. What purpose does a printed card serve for owning or transporting the firearm legally? A simplified process exists for a non restricted firearm with the number being verified over the phone to the RCMP as valid or not valid. What is the point of these cards except as a make work project having no other value in making firearms possession any more secure than a printed out number on a sheet of paper ?
    Last edited by davidloc; 05-14-2019 at 04:28 PM.

I assume because it has your name and picture on it.

I suppose you can make the same argument for a drivers license. If I get stopped by the police I can give them my DL # and they can look it up, but at a glance they can at least see you have a license.

I just phoned today as its been 6 weeks since my license was issued online (issued April 2). I was told my PAL was ordered for print and it should be printed in the next day or two. I'm not sure if that was complete BS or if she had actually seen where it was in the queue. I think I might resort to contacting MP soon.

Quote Originally Posted by xeronine View Post
    I assume because it has your name and picture on it.

I suppose you can make the same argument for a drivers license. If I get stopped by the police I can give them my DL # and they can look it up, but at a glance they can at least see you have a license.
    A driver's license has a mechanism to get a temporary permit while waiting for a permanent one. If they have an expected delay vastly exceeding their mandate then they should do the same with a PAL. If you are stopped with a temporary driver's license that is not expired then you will have no problem , the same should be true for a PAL. As I said further up an FAC was paper and with no picture and was just as secure as a plastic card. You can even be exempt from having the picture for religious reasons.

Called this afternoon and they said printing machine is down for services and waiting 4-6weeks to print card.. but if you call it differently helps the waiting process...waiting since April....

Quote Originally Posted by Mathforum View Post
    If you go back like 10 or so pages dont know exact number but a post said they were printing cards for April 1st. That was like 2 weeks ago.
    Something fishy going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Talltimber1 View Post
    Something fishy going on.
    It sure is !