Page 220 of 691 FirstFirst ... 200210212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226227228230240 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 6908

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Can we still have our references call in ? To make the process faster ? I might call after 45days after Application Received

Zulopol, unfortunately, you can’t have your references call out of the blue anymore. Moreover, you are in Quebec, where it easily takes 3-6 months to process the application (the SQ takes care of it), especially if you are requesting a RPAL.

Only thing you can do once Miramichi tells you “it’s with the Quebec CFO” is call said CFO once in a while to inquire about the process (CFO do log how often you call btw). If you are lucky, the officer will be willing to speed things up for you and do your interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulopol View Post
    Can we still have our references call in ? To make the process faster ? I might call after 45days after Application Received

Thanks I really appreciate your help!

So I just called CFB and played dumb like I knew nothing of printer breakdowns.
    The website says my license was issued April 17th
    The lady put me on hold for a good 3 or 4 minutes then came back saying that my license hasnt been printed yet but that she would look into it and get it printed in the next couple days. No mention of printer breakdowns, delays, month long back log.
    Have they just resorted to telling people what they want to hear now as opposed to the printer story or do you think she will expedite my process somehow.
    The call center must be busy. Took a lot longer to get through this time.

Just talked to the CFP. I mailed out my completed application with results, photo, payment and everything quadruple checked. Mailed out in February, they have it as being entered into their system on April 17th. I called the first time in the beginning of May because the online checker is just trash, I get more info on items I have ordered from China then that site gives you. The lady that answered the phone checked into it and said "Oh it's with the CFO in BC it is on the last step, call back in two weeks if you haven't heard anything" so this morning I call as it is exactly two weeks later and online it still says the same thing it did a month and a half ago! The lady that answered this time said "Oh it's with the CFO in BC, it should be another two to four weeks." now normally I am pretty calm; however this was a bit annoying to hear from a government agency none-the-less. So being a bit of an arse I said "So why does it say on your site that a properly filled out application normally takes 45 days to process. I am on day 50 and your telling me to wait upwards of another 30 days?" she seemed quite happy to tell me "Oh 45 days is just what they put on the site, it never has or never will take only 45 days." I love it how right at the bottom of this site it has a link to where they describe how transparent their process is...NOT! Apparently it takes them two weeks alone just to scan your image into the computer, I call BS on that unless they are still using a reel to reel tape computer. Our government processes are such a bad joke... /endrant

Edit: To give you an idea, I signed up for CGN two days after completing my PAL/RPAL courses...in January!

Checked online this morning and I am approved!
    In Ontario
    Mailed in my application Apr 3.
    RCMP received it Apr 9.
    Showed up online May 3.
    Approved May 16.

I called in this morning to see if I could get my pal # and an update on which day they are on in the printing cycle. No word on the cycle day but she said she would send a manual request to print in the next week but that's what they seem to be telling everyone now so we will see. Only 37 days to approval.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy002 View Post
    In Ontario
    RCMP received it Apr 9.
    Showed up online May 3.
    Approved May 16.

I called in this morning to see if I could get my pal # and an update on which day they are on in the printing cycle. No word on the cycle day but she said she would send a manual request to print in the next week but that's what they seem to be telling everyone now so we will see. Only 37 days to approval.
    Cheers.
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy002 View Post
    In Ontario
    RCMP received it Apr 9.
    Showed up online May 3.
    Approved May 16.

Cheers.
    Im jealous haha My application was received the 12 April FINGER CROSSED!!! Im in Quebec. I will let you know

Quote Originally Posted by Meola View Post
    Just talked to the CFP. I mailed out my completed application with results, photo, payment and everything quadruple checked. Mailed out in February, they have it as being entered into their system on April 17th. I called the first time in the beginning of May because the online checker is just trash, I get more info on items I have ordered from China then that site gives you. The lady that answered the phone checked into it and said "Oh it's with the CFO in BC it is on the last step, call back in two weeks if you haven't heard anything" so this morning I call as it is exactly two weeks later and online it still says the same thing it did a month and a half ago! The lady that answered this time said "Oh it's with the CFO in BC, it should be another two to four weeks." now normally I am pretty calm; however this was a bit annoying to hear from a government agency none-the-less. So being a bit of an arse I said "So why does it say on your site that a properly filled out application normally takes 45 days to process. I am on day 50 and your telling me to wait upwards of another 30 days?" she seemed quite happy to tell me "Oh 45 days is just what they put on the site, it never has or never will take only 45 days." I love it how right at the bottom of this site it has a link to where they describe how transparent their process is...NOT! Apparently it takes them two weeks alone just to scan your image into the computer, I call BS on that unless they are still using a reel to reel tape computer. Our government processes are such a bad joke... /endrant

Edit: To give you an idea, I signed up for CGN two days after completing my PAL/RPAL courses...in January!
    Once my wait period ran out the background check took about 6 days until it changed to license issued. I had no boxes checked and a spotless record and one of my references has been a cop for 23 years but not with the RCMP. well past a month since then and expecting it between June 15th and July 15th after reading this forum. The gun shops are going to start hurting soon if this lasts much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Meola View Post

The 45 Days period start from when they received your application..