Page 261 of 691 FirstFirst ... 241251253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269271281 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 6904

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Checked mail yesterday and guess what was in there! Got my RPAL card yessssssssss!

Congratz ! Get a AR-15 now
    Ladies, If your guy doesn't know how to shoot a gun. You Have A Girlfriend
    - CCFR and FQT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zulopol View Post
    Congratz ! Get a AR-15 now
    Its on the list plus a glock 17 or a sig 226

Quote Originally Posted by Siphonophoid View Post
    Here's my experience. I was expecting it take much longer, actually; pleasantly surprised. Although I had no boxes checked. Still, I was prepared for a horribly long wait, after reading some of the experiences of others.

I'm in Alberta.

May 26: PAL Course (no RPAL yet, will probably go for it next year).
    June 10: Sent in paperwork (took me over a week to get my references to remember to sign it, jeesh.)
    June 14: Received by RCMP.
    July 3: Card charged.
    July 4: Shows up on License Application Status site as "In progress" etc.
    July 18: Shows as "been issued".

Just waiting for card now. Assuming this will still take a while. Can I call immediately to get my number to order online, or am I supposed to wait the 2 weeks first in case it shows up in that time (doubtful)?

Getting sick of pre-shopping! lol.
    Just to update for those interested and also stuck waiting; called in yesterday (July 30) and spoke to a really nice lady on the phone. I said I checked the website and saw my license has been issued but haven't received it in (nearly) 2 weeks - she gave the same explanation of the printer issues, checked and said my license has not been printed yet, and that it would probably be in the next week or so. She then offered to give me my license number immediately, I didn't even have a chance to ask. I was definitely expecting to have to plead a little bit. To offer that so readily was a bit of a surprise, albeit a pleasant one.

Have ordered a few things online, now. Still gotta wait for the card to actually take em out to the range though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon32 View Post
    Completed PAL and RPAL course 4/16
    Sent paperwork 5/16
    had to submit additional info 6/18 (forgot to explain in detail why i quit a job)
    called CFP today waiting on BC CFO to finalize application

Does anyone know how long the CFO for BC takes to complete an application since the lady said the CFO received my application 2 weeks ago
    hope your application moves faster than mine. First time (R)Pal received March 21. Credit card charged April 10. It has been sitting at "initial processing now in progress" since.
    Called Mirimichi April 15 and all is in order. Nothing missing. Waiting for photo scan

Early June i called the BC CFO and was told it will be AT LEAST two more months and possibly (probably) longer. Nothing i can do but wait. Sitting on day 125 since app received in New Brunswick.
    I check online status every monday hoping to see "license issued"

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjb99 View Post
    Its on the list plus a glock 17 or a sig 226
    Don't forget to keep your credit card in the freezer now! Don't want it melting all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBo0o View Post
    Hey Guys,

I stumbled across this thread and I found it very helpful.
    Its nice to hear everyone's experience and timeline with the PAL wait times

Here is my timeline so far:

June 1st & 2nd 2019
    -Took FSESCO PAL/RPAL Course

June 28th
    -Received Stamped FSESCO course PAL/RPAL paperwork
    -Mailed RCMP 5592 form with signatures, stamped paper work, and signed picture

July 19th
    -Received a credit card charge of $80
    -Checked the RCMP License Application Status (Application received on July 3rd)
    -Application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.

Now I just have to wait to hear if it has been approved and wait some more...

Cheers
    July 31st
    -License has been issued

BC application(s)

My wife and I both took our courses together. However due to some past history (more than 5 years go) I expect mine may take longer. However, I did still check no to the boxes relevant due to it being more than 5 years. I also have an ex that been separated less than 2 years. I’ll post updates as I can.

CFSC 05-26-19
    CRFSC 06-01-19
    Applications received at Mirimachi ,NB 06-26-19

Nothing online so far and nothing charged to credit card yet.

*update*
    Finally posted online today. July 12, 2019
    Mine only my spouse hasn’t updated online yet.
    Only 1 credit charge so far too.

*update*
    Spouses application showed up and CC was charged July 15, 2019

*update*
    Due to my forgetting to explain the details of my separation from my wife in the last 2 years my application was held up for a few days. Called in and faxed off the information needed and my application completed initial processing July 18,2019

*update*
    Now that my 28 days had passed and me being a little impatient I called my provincial CFO today (July 31, 2019) after a brief hold my application was approved over the phone.
    However the lady wouldn’t release my pal number so I can make purchases. “You may not purchase firearms without your PAL in hand.”
    I figure it might be because I have an RPAL and not just a PAL?
    Either way it’s approved now to wait for the printing and mailing...
    Will have my spouse call when she wakes up from her nap see if she gets approved too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trucksrfun View Post
    I figure it might be because I have an RPAL and not just a PAL?
    Either way it’s approved now to wait for the printing and mailing...
    Will have my spouse call when she wakes up from her nap see if she gets approved too.
    I just received my approval for my RPAL today and with no hesitation I was able to get my license information (I am from Ontario, not sure if that makes any difference).
    Maybe call back and ask a different person for your information?

Cheers

>My approval in BC took 32 days from the date they received the application (June 21-July 23), no boxes checked, have a current spouse. I called the main # last week and asked for my license # and the lady gave it to me. But I forgot to ask the expiry date anyways I called the CFO today (which unlike folks on here) was a much more *unpleasant* experience. I called and said I had called the other # to get my actual license # so I could join my local club, and said I just wanted to confirm it with him and ask the expiry date? He was instantly hostile and said he found my whole inquiry “suspicious”, I was shocked and asked why, he said “Well, you were approved like a week ago, you haven’t even got your card and your calling and asking your license number...” He then asked me for the license number I was given and a bunch of security questions. I then asked (because of everything I’ve read here) if people can buy anything online before their physical card arrives and if one is shopping online vs. In a physical store- how does the ATT process work? I was surprised again when he said “Absolutely not! No, you need to wait for the physical card to arrive before purchasing anything because you need your physical license and registration paperwork with that firearm at all times. He then transferred me to someone else to ask about how the ATT process works.

So I guess I got super unlucky, but I didn’t expect such a hostile response to the question about doing some online shopping before the card arrived. He did talk about the printer issue and said my “card would be 4-5 weeks out at the least” ���� Not a nice conversation...bummer...

The inconsistency of info people receive from the CFP/CFOs on here seems crazy! So this brings me to my last two questions:

1. Was anyone on here explicitly told by the CFP or a CFO they could shop online with their license # prior to the physical card arriving? (Or is this just a word-of-mouth assumption that people have made and just kind of gone ahead on their own buying things online and it’s worked out? Just wondering if a CFP/CFO actually ever gave the go ahead since the guy I just talked to was so hostile, and seemed really peeved at even being asked!)

2. I know when one goes to a physical store to buy a restricted firearm (let’s say), the store initiates the transfer/registration/ATT etc. right? Is it the same for online stores in Canada (like gotenda)? Or US ones like www.irunguns.com that despite the sketchy name my Firearms Safety course instructor strongly recommended as a solid reliable importer). If anyone has experience buying their FIRST restricted firearm online at these or other retailers- would love to hear your experience or specifically what was involved in your registration/obtaining ATT process?

Thanks guys and gals ��