Page 312 of 689 FirstFirst ... 292302304305306307308309310311312313314315316317318319320322332 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 6886

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Got my PAL in the mail today. I sent in my paperwork in Dec 2018 so only took 1.5 years. I'm surprised they chose the COVID19 pandemic as the perfect time to finally process my application

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by irishcanuck View Post
    Got my PAL in the mail today. I sent in my paperwork in Dec 2018 so only took 1.5 years. I'm surprised they chose the COVID19 pandemic as the perfect time to finally process my application
    Holy ####.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by irishcanuck View Post
    Maybe in another 1.5 years they'll finish approving your first restricted transfer!

Quote Originally Posted by Buggle View Post
    Maybe in another 1.5 years they'll finish approving your first restricted transfer!
    How long are ATTs taking these days?

I submitted my application March 2 2020 and its up on the system and credit card charged. Hope it gets approved quickly and I get out there!

Quote Originally Posted by jessneuf View Post
    I submitted my application March 2 2020 and its up on the system and credit card charged. Hope it gets approved quickly and I get out there!
    Good news! Was March 2nd the date your application as received or when you mailed it out?

It was received March 2. I think it sent it Feb 27 or so. Express post.

I mailed in my application for restricted and non-restricted on December 10, 2018. They received my application on December 18, 2018. Application was completed 100% correctly with no boxes checked. My license finally turned up in the mail yesterday June 2, 2020. That 532 days after they received my application.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WillNotMiss View Post
    I mailed in my application for restricted and non-restricted on December 10, 2018. They received my application on December 18, 2018. Application was completed 100% correctly with no boxes checked. My license finally turned up in the mail yesterday June 2, 2020. That 532 days after they received my application.
    That's disgusting. That's way too long. Congrats, I would lose my mind. No accountability in government.

FROM THE RCMP WEBSITE:

Impacts on services due to the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
    Due to measures taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Canadian Firearms Program is currently experiencing significant impacts to our services, like many other service providers in Canada.

Clients may experience longer than normal wait times when calling the contact centre
    the processing of applications for a new firearm licence has been initiated, however, clients may still experience delays due to reduced capacity in our processing centre
    The production of firearms licence cards has been initiated, however, clients may still experience delays due to reduced capacity in our processing centre
    The delivery of Firearms Safety Course (s) may be postponed due to social distancing protocols
    Firearm licence expiry
    As per the Common Sense Firearms Licensing Act, since October 2017, individuals have a six-month extension (grace) period past the expiry date printed on their firearms licence card to submit a renewal application online
    Your firearms licence card will remain valid, with limitations, during this extension (grace) period
    Individuals can check the status of their firearms licence application via Individual Web Services
    Firearm licence renewal
    The processing of firearms licence renewal applications submitted by mail have been significantly impacted
    We recommend submitting your application to renew your firearms licence via Individual Web Services.
    Individuals can check the status of their firearms licence application via Individual Web Services.
    As this is an evolving situation, we will continue to provide updates on our website as required.