Page 278 of 690 FirstFirst ... 258268270271272273274275276277278279280281282283284285286288298 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 6898

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN frequent flyer
    Buddy got his PAL in 52 days from submission to receiving it via mail.

Your freind is lucky

Took me three and a half months to renew my Rpal.

That's two months to long imo.

Quote Originally Posted by paddygun View Post
    Ya that's true at least guns aren't being given out to the wrong people,the cfo will have to contact the police in Ireland in my case which adds time also I suppose
    Ouch. I can't imagine international communications will be swift and painless.

Oh dear calling ireland is gonna be a fun experience

Ya I can't see it working out to well especially with the time difference

Quote Originally Posted by paddygun View Post
    It is their job. If they choose to pursue that route, they'll have to make it work. Either by phone, email, fax, or worst of all, old fashioned post.
    If you've got a squeaky clean history, you should be fine. If you've done anything that might raise a red flag, then depending on what it is, they might think calling your references will suffice. But best of luck to you.

I want to say 50 days for me and they misfiled it of course.

Well, the letter of good conduct that I gave is from Indian police. The time difference is 10.5 hours.
    Last edited by Sk669; 11-14-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Unfortunately I was refused my firearms licence just the other day, waited 9 months... I'm 20 years old, have not been charged but I have had a "violent incident" that involved the police a few months back. here are the details. My brother, a friend and I were at a club, my brother and my friend got into a fight over a girl at the bar, my brother told my friend not to come back to my house that night but he did anyways because he was staying at my place at the time, I went to go talk to him and he was sitting there with a golf club and I got defensive for my brother and yelled wtf are you going to do with that golf club? you think you are going to hit my brother with that thing?gtfo! so my friend leaves, my dad was awoken by my yelling comes down stairs and sees me stabbing the wall with a knife and calls the police...(btw this wall was covered in holes from previous knife throwing competition so damage wasn't the issue) the issue was I was belligerent and stabbing the wall (I know how this sounds) Anyways I wasn't arrested but the police gave me a slap on the wrist and my dad told me to leave for the night. Now the firearms officer says I should wait 5 years without any incident with the police before re applying. The moral of the story is I'm 20 years old, that is a quarter of my life I have to wait now because of one stupid outburst....... some advice take it or leave it, think before you act, always respond in the most rational way possible (even if you think the police won't be involved) and never get into physical altercations, use your words unless you have to use force.... fyi my friend said he didn't intend on using the golf club he just wanted it for protection and we had a few beers and got over it because we have been friends since we were little punks around the age 11 or 12.