Page 95 of 691 FirstFirst ... 758587888990919293949596979899100101102103105115 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

My PAL/R timeline from Ontario
    Nov 18/19 did both courses
    Nov 22 mailed application(regular mail)
    Nov 27 application received
    Dec 19 received stamped test results
    Jan 11 application appears online, I call in to get fax number and fax stamped results
    Jan 12 call in to verify they received my fax, told they received them and are sending photo to be scanned
    Jan 15 card issued and mailed

33 days from the time they received til they issued it

That was quick! I see they received mine on the 3 Nov '17. But am still in the "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date" phase.
    Maybe I should call to see if anything is missing etc. Payment was also taken not long after application was received.

Did you check a box? If so, you will be delayed. Otherwise if payment taken consider the Holiday slow down...

Anyone knows what is the average time in PQ these days? I did my course many years ago when I was a kid and I'm looking to get back at hunting. Asking for a PAL.

Sent my papers mid November.
    Nov 21st: application received
    Jan 9th:Showed up online/credit card charged
    Jan 10th: called in to ask if everything was fine
    I was told that everything seems to be completed properly, I just have to wait for now.

I know it can be long but I'm just wondering what I should expect.

Thanks
    Last edited by Br00ss; 01-16-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Hi bro, I need some help.

I sent my application to them by end of Sep. Three days later, they have received it.
    However, my status is still "your initial progress is complete, your application is in processing."
    And I make many calls to them. their answers were same "you are in the last stage, so just wait."
    So what should I do now. I should have bought some rifles on boxing day but I cant without a license.

As I noted above, if you had to check a box, things will take longer. What province are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Maritimer67 View Post
    As I noted above, if you had to check a box, things will take longer. What province are you in?
    what check a box?

I am living in AB

Quote Originally Posted by Br00ss View Post
    Anyone knows what is the average time in PQ these days? I did my course many years ago when I was a kid and I'm looking to get back at hunting. Asking for a PAL.

Sent my papers mid November.
    Nov 21st: application received
    Jan 9th:Showed up online/credit card charged
    Jan 10th: called in to ask if everything was fine
    I was told that everything seems to be completed properly, I just have to wait for now.

I know it can be long but I'm just wondering what I should expect.

Thanks
    Update:
    Jan 17th shows up as delivered online. Not bad at all for the current delay in PQ.

Just have to wait for it to show up in the mail before I go shopping.

I am guessing no then. On the app, question 16, personal Hx. Has various categories regarding past criminal, health, etc. Some make sense, others are not set up well. For example, anxiety is not an issue (yet technically it is an "emotional" disorder, whereas depression may be red flag, but that's a stretch, to say the least, whereas substance abuse of psychotic illness are another kettle of fish entirely. To lump together is daft. It is painfully clear that some of these questions were not even remotely designed properly.

Yep I check all "NO"s