Page 90 of 689 FirstFirst ... 70808283848586878889909192939495969798100110 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by rgeldart View Post
    Hi All, New here but I figured I'd share my experience so far:

RPAL Application,

June 12 2017: Sent application as well as documentation of completed CFSC/CRFSC
    June 16 2017: Received by RCMP
    July 21 2017: Shows up online (Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.)
    Aug 8 2017: Reference receives letter to call RCMP for interview (They never called him)
    Aug 10 2017: Reference completes phone interview
    Aug 10 -20 2017: Called RCMP 3 times to follow up. They say everything is complete and in the hands of the Nova Scotia CFO.
    Sept 17 2017: Still waiting (Completed initial Processing)
    Update: ISSUED

Nov 27 2017: Your application has been processed and your license has been issued.

168 days from mailing my application to license issue.. now just to wait on Canada Post

Just an update guys, I helped him draft an official letter and he faxed it to the BC CFO office. within 30 minutes of sending the fax he got a call and was approved.

I'm new to this but here's my experience
    25 Oct RCMP receives my application for an RPAL
    5 Dec it appears online
    6 Dec called in and there are no issues, just waiting to scan my photo in.

Any ideas on how long it takes from this point? I called a couple times before it appeared online and was told once it takes about 45 days from the time it's in their mailbox and once it's 45 days after it appears online. I should add I'm in Ontario

Oct.21 Mailed application in
    Oct.27 Received by RCMP
    Dec.11 Application showed up online saying it is in progress
    Dec. 14 Called in to check the status, and was directed to final decision depart, 20 sec after told me im approved
    PAL/RPAL application
    No reference called.

Dudes, just don't hold your breath us BC boys have it worst id say , I applied for mine in March

March 1st- Sent in papers PAL RPAL
    March 17 - Received ( verified by phone not online)
    April 18th - Showed online $ processed on mastercard
    May 19th - Called First, time Got Ref # for call ins Ref all called in same day.
    May 22th - Called 2nd, time make sure Ref checked out
    June 10 - Called 3rd, Time was told all was good waiting to be sent
    June 30th - Called 4th time, Still waiting on Prov of bc CFO to look at application
    July 20st - Called 5th time, and BC CFO, BC CFO said it will be 12 months almost before license in hand.( Gave up ...Sorta..)
    October 29 - Called 6th time, Signed to BC CFO since July 15th still in the pile, they sent a email to CFO on my behalf.( can be done once every 30 days or so.. just ASK!)
    December 4th - Called 7th time, Still sitting on some officers desk , advised to keep calling in to ask about progress, I was really annoyed ( but that makes it worse so instead I was very monotone but was polite ) I'm sure she could tell I was annoyed
    I had accepted with busy holiday season I will not get it until 2018 almost was done with it
    Today December 14th - License in hand. Christmas surprise for sure,

Almost 9 months from papers received, over 9 months from sent in, almost 10months from course complete.

308 anyone? :D

Hang in there friends it'll come don't be aggressive but be smart in the words u choose to say to them I was polite and super thankful of anything they did to help, but notably in my tone I was irritated. CHEERS!!

I hear u have it just about as bad as BC, don't get hopes up, itll be at least 5 months before in hand license , sorry for bad news bro but its reality Govnt is too slow

CGN Regular
    Hi All, New here but I figured I'd share my experience so far:

RPAL Application,

June 12 2017: Sent application as well as documentation of completed CFSC/CRFSC
    June 16 2017: Received by RCMP
    July 21 2017: Shows up online (Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.)
    Aug 8 2017: Reference receives letter to call RCMP for interview (They never called him)
    Aug 10 2017: Reference completes phone interview
    Aug 10 -20 2017: Called RCMP 3 times to follow up. They say everything is complete and in the hands of the Nova Scotia CFO.
    Sept 17 2017: Still waiting (Completed initial Processing)
    Update: ISSUED

Nov 27 2017: Your application has been processed and your license has been issued.

168 days from mailing my application to license issue.. now just to wait on Canada Post
    I thank you for the info, though it is not inspiring any confidence in our Province's speed.

I dropped mine in the mail on Dec 5th.

Took my restricted course on October 25th, upgrading from PAL to RPAL. Passed the course, but I have not received my stamped results from Orillia yet (Ontario). My buddy took the same course I did on the same day and he hasnt gotten his back either. Does anyone know if the Ontario CFO has a backlog for stamping course reports? When I took my PAL course, I got my results back in less than a month. It's been 7 weeks, and I have not received them yet. Any advice? Appreciate it.

Applied the last week in October for my RPAL and called first week in December. Was told to call back this week as it had not been processed yet. Apparently, they are backlogged 5-6 weeks before they even get looked at due to increased demand around hunting season. Hope Alberta is quick when it finally gets to them.

I am from BC the wait was about 3 months. Sept 12th mail date to Dec 13th issued date. I even said Yes to the question about ending relationships! Call, be polite and assertive, and ask if theres anything you can do to provide them with information to speed up the process. Ask to be transfered to the CFO that has your case if the first person has no information or updates.

Ps this is RPAL.