Page 225 of 691 FirstFirst ... 205215217218219220221222223224225226227228229230231232233235245 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

I found this in an earlier post
    Interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by saigol7 View Post
    Here is some info on why some applications go through faster than others

Some back ground info that was found on the government privacy website: https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/opc-action...0813/#archived

Only the Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) in each province/territory and the delegated Firearms Officers (FOs) have the authority to refuse or revoke licences. The screening process can have as many as three stages, if required:
    "
    Primary screening of applicants, based on the information provided on the application form, is done by staff members at the Central Processing Site (CPS) in Miramichi, NB and at the Québec Processing Site (QPS) in Montréal. After it has been determined that the application is complete and the data has been entered into the Canadian Firearms Registration System (CFRS), batch Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) background checks including FIP are conducted electronically with the assistance of the RCMP Accreditation Unit. At the QPS, the Sûreté du Québec assumes this duty. FOs at the CPS can approve totally "clean" applications - that is, information requirements have been met and there are no hits on CPIC or FIP. (Note: Our review did not cover the specific processing activities at the QPS.)
    Secondary screening, if required, which involves a closer look at regional automated police information retrieval databases and telephone follow-up with spouses (desk work) is done by CFOs and their delegates (FOs and support staff).
    Tertiary screening, if required, conducted by Area and Local Firearms Officers is a more in-depth field investigation that can involve interviews with employers, aboriginal leaders, neighbours, etc.
    "

Please look at the actual web page. It also gives detailed info on the so-called daily background check of PAL holders. So no, nobody is looking over your shoulder. Your PAL is a a licence just like a drivers licence or a pilots licence.
    Ladies, If your guy doesn't know how to shoot a gun. You Have A Girlfriend
    - CCFR and FQT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zulopol View Post
    I found this in an earlier post
    Interesting!
    They forgot a stage. Waiting for an unprinted license that was "issued" over a month ago.

I called in 3 days ago and asked if mine can be prioritized , the agent said I should be receiving it within 7 days. It was issued on April 18th.
    Last edited by davidloc; 05-25-2019 at 10:07 AM.

I'm in QC, application was mailed on 2019-03-29.

According to the RCMP website, application received on 2019-04-01.

CC charged 28 days later, when I checked on 2019-05-20 "Your application has been processed and your license has been issued".

Now we wait, though looking at some of the recent comments here I'm not holding my breath to see the card in the letterbox any time time soon...

Called in this morning to check status. They told me my license was printed in the 17th the day after they told me they would make it a priority. Calling in really does work I guess.
    Now to check the mailbox 3 times a day for the next week.

She did just give me the generic we are experiencing delays. Until i made her dig deeper.

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    Check the mailbox today and my card was there!!!! Left work early to pick up my new Remington 870. What a loser I am lol. Who leaves work early to do this!!! Lol. Even when I walked in to the range I am registered at to pick up my stuff they all cheered lol. Licence issued may 3rd. I was put on the priority list last Monday and arrived today!! I'm in Ontario.

Application received April 18th
    RPAL issued May 22
    - will call today to see if they can prioritize.

Congrats!

QUOTE=Hvacpimp;15980004]Check the mailbox today and my card was there!!!! Left work early to pick up my new Remington 870. What a loser I am lol. Who leaves work early to do this!!! Lol. Even when I walked in to the range I am registered at to pick up my stuff they all cheered lol. Licence issued may 3rd. I was put on the priority list last Monday and arrived today!! I'm in Ontario.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Dean View Post
    Application received April 18th
    RPAL issued May 22
    - will call today to see if they can prioritize.
    Congrats! You are in Ontario ?
    Ladies, If your guy doesn't know how to shoot a gun. You Have A Girlfriend
    - CCFR and FQT Member