Page 228 of 689 FirstFirst ... 208218220221222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236238248 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 6886

Thread: PAL Wait Time

I don't understand why the application process timeline is so random from one person to the other... There's seems to be no uniformity
    Ladies, If your guy doesn't know how to shoot a gun. You Have A Girlfriend
    - CCFR and FQT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zulopol View Post
    I don't understand why the application process timeline is so random from one person to the other... There's seems to be no uniformity
    From a guy that’s called 3 times since his card was “mailed out” 8 weeks ago, couldn’t have been nicer on the phone, and has yet to received his card... it’s a little disheartening. Hearing about guys getting them in a matter of a few weeks who were approved 5 weeks after me, stings a little.

Update:
    April 5: PAL application recieved by Rcmp
    April 29: Rcmp charges my CC
    May 9th: No website changes or updates as yet
    May 10th: Called rcmp, got name fixed
    May 13th: Application online, license issued
    May 24th: License arrived in the mail

Ontario PAL, no boxes checked

Sent my application registered mail on May 20. According to tracking it is supposed to arrive Monday may 27. I will post again in the future about how the process goes.

Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post
    From a guy that’s called 3 times since his card was “mailed out” 8 weeks ago, couldn’t have been nicer on the phone, and has yet to received his card... it’s a little disheartening. Hearing about guys getting them in a matter of a few weeks who were approved 5 weeks after me, stings a little.
    Call Monday and say you spoke to someone a week ago and they said your licence would be printed within the next 5 days. And ask if it was indeed printed.
    I did that and it was in the mail the following day

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian1867 View Post
    Sent my application registered mail on May 20. According to tracking it is supposed to arrive Monday may 27. I will post again in the future about how the process goes.
    ALBERTA
    May 11= CFSC
    May 13= mailed

Now to stand for hours in front of the rifles at the gun shop and dream and drool

Quote Originally Posted by RoberVi View Post
    ALBERTA
    May 11= CFSC
    May 13= mailed

Now to stand for hours in front of the rifles at the gun shop and dream and drool
    You're lucky that Alberta doesn't mail you the test results to include with the application like Ontario does. It adds 2 weeks for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by davidloc View Post
    You're lucky that Alberta doesn't mail you the test results to include with the application like Ontario does. It adds 2 weeks for no reason.
    Yes, i could have mailed the application as soon as finished the course as i already had everything else i needed; forms filled up and signed, photo taken and signed...

PAL to RPAL and I’m on day 76 of reading this:

«#Application Received on: 2019-03-12

Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.#»

Born to Hunt... Forced to Work!!!

Well today is the day!
    Application mailed February 18nd
    Application received February 22nd
    I don't remember the exact day my credit card was charged but it was roughly 30 days after they received.
    April 17th website reads license issued call in 2 weeks if haven't received.
    May 1st I called and they told me they are having delays due to a printer to try calling back in 4-6 weeks.
    May 16th called again explaining that my license has been "issued" for a month now. They said they would make it priority and print in the next couple days.
    May 22nd I call and they say it was printed on May17th the day after I called last time.
    May 27th License arrives in mail.
    I did manage to buy a shotgun and rifle with just my number and finally got to go out and blast 25 through the shotgun tonight. Range day with the rifle tomorrow.
    What a horrible process I wish everyone the best of luck.
    Keep calling, be polite. It helps!