Page 84 of 691 FirstFirst ... 6474767778798081828384858687888990919294104 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Hi All, New here but I figured I'd share my experience so far:

RPAL Application,

June 12 2017: Sent application as well as documentation of completed CFSC/CRFSC
    June 16 2017: Received by RCMP
    July 21 2017: Shows up online (Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.)
    Aug 8 2017: Reference receives letter to call RCMP for interview (They never called him)
    Aug 10 2017: Reference completes phone interview
    Aug 10 -20 2017: Called RCMP 3 times to follow up. They say everything is complete and in the hands of the Nova Scotia CFO.
    Sept 17 2017: Still waiting (Completed initial Processing)

Hi everyone, first time post for me, a little frustrated. I did the course with 3 friends, none of us have criminal records or any problems...
    I am the last one to receive my application. I am applying for my rpal/pal for the first time.

July 31: application received
    Aug 28: payment processed
    Aug 31: Initial processing completed, now in progress.

I have called since and I've been told that it has all been processed...however it has gone from miramichi to BC to be processed by the CFO.

I'm at a loss. Is it a good thing? I feel singled out and helpless. I would really like to go hunting with my friends but reading some of the horror stories on here I'm not sure what to expect.

Any words of advice or encouragement are greatly appreciated! PM me if you feel like it!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by House. View Post
    Hi everyone, first time post for me, a little frustrated. I did the course with 3 friends, none of us have criminal records or any problems...
    I am the last one to receive my application. I am applying for my rpal/pal for the first time.

I have called since and I've been told that it has all been processed...however it has gone from miramichi to BC to be processed by the CFO.

I'm at a loss. Is it a good thing? I feel singled out and helpless. I would really like to go hunting with my friends but reading some of the horror stories on here I'm not sure what to expect.

Any words of advice or encouragement are greatly appreciated! PM me if you feel like it!
    At the PAL course I just completed this weekend the instructors told us the whole process will probably take 10 weeks to 4 months. So be patient.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by House. View Post

You can try calling the provincial CFO to see if there's any information you can provide. 1-778-571-3400

Don't get paranoid thinking you're being singled out. Applying for a restricted provision can take longer to process and there's any number of reasons why your PAL hasn't been issued. There are more Canadians applying for PALs than ever before and if you're in a larger center it increases the chance of a longer processing time.

You can still go hunting with your friends if you don't have a PAL. You just need to be under the direct supervision of someone with a PAL.

I sent my PAL Application on Sept 1st, and I decided to check the status of my application, but I'm not in the system.

How long does it take for you to even see yourself on their site to follow the application progress?

We are talking about business days when they say approximately 45 days right? me its been 70 business days today and counting for Pal and RPAL ...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Once you've waited the 28 days, TELEPHONE THEM to get a reference number and to find out the status of your application. After that, telephone them regularly until you've received your license. It is very common that there will be one issue or another that you'll be able to fix, once you know about it - like having your references contact the CFC (rather than having them wait to be contacted) - but if you don't call, you won't know, and if you don't know, you can't fix it.
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

I already have my pal.
    Rpal mailed June 25th
    Showed online August 31st that it was received July 31st
    Status changed to issued September 8th
    Mailbox September 18th
    Sask, No references called
    There is no 28 day waiting period if you already have a pal. Still takes forever.
    Last edited by noncorrosive; 09-27-2017 at 09:15 PM.

@caboose369 and @theonlyrightanswer

Thank you for your input, I'll definitely be holding patient. I suppose it is 45 business days so the wait will go on. It still seems crazy for something like this to take so long, I guess the government has never been a quick moving entity. It did move fast on the occasion of taking my money first, so at least they have that!

Ontario

7/7-8 - CFSC/CSRSC Class
    8/23 - Received Stamped CFO paperwork
    8/23 - Mailed application - registered (Canada Post RN265250612CA)

8/25 - Application delivered to RCMP

9/27 - 33 days after it arrived: "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."

9/29 - Day 35 - "Your application has been received. It is currently being processed. You have been, or will be contacted either by phone or by mail for additional information. Please check the status again at a later date." Called in. Was informed that I sent two copies of the CFRSC and didn't send the CFSC. Oops. Faxed form in.
    Last edited by jstotts; 09-29-2017 at 03:39 PM.