Page 530 of 689 FirstFirst ... 510520522523524525526527528529530531532533534535536537538540550 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 6886

Thread: PAL Wait Time

BC PAL times for me

They received my application on Dec 2
    CC charged in late January
    License issued May 13

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Grizzlypeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocisk View Post
    Yeah, I'm not a lawyer but I see no reason why not, the license has been issued so it's valid. Only snag would be if you get pulled over and asked for a PAL, but what are the odds of that. Even then it would probably arrive within the 14 days, and if I'm remembering correctly (which I might not be) there is a mechanism to ask a judge for more time. Lost in the mail seems like a reasonable cause for an extension, but who knows.
    It would remain in the recipient's safe until he has his physical pal card.
    NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST TO DISCLOSE “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Cesare Beccaria

I renewed my PAL back in January (was received and card charged on the 18th). Have called 3 times now to make sure nothing is wrong with my application. I keep getting the same response "it's in final review and will be approved any day now", or "were just a little backed up, be patient". Well it's been on the final review since 3-4 weeks after receiving it.

I don't know what to do at this point. Is it normal to wait 17 weeks for a renewal? I keep reading people getting theirs within 2-3 months and I'm at 4 months and a week. I've missed spring bear, multiple purchases, and gained a whole lot of frustration.

When I call my MP what do I say? Just express my disappointment in their lack of competence to provide legal firearms owners with their licenses in a reasonable time frame? Seems like at this point they'll just keep dragging their feet until I lapse past the 6 month amnesty period.

I'm currently on hold for the 4th time and I'm sure I'll get the same response as the previous 3 times.

Edit: Just got off hold. This time I was given an extension number for the CFO as they told me "there's nothing we can do. We just see that it's been sent in for final review". I've called several times and it won't let me stay on hold or leave a message.

My MP's office is closed on Mondays so I plan to call them first thing in the morning. This is getting ridiculous. Just being led in circles.
    Last edited by Marlon94; 05-16-2022 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlypeg View Post
    So once your licence is issued, despite not having received it in the mail, do you have a PAL for the purposes of being the legal transferee of a firearm prior to May 18th verification?
    Unless you are trading with someone who really trust you like a family member or something…

When i sell a firearm on gunpost and a random buyer is telling that he's still waiting for his card in the mail,, i automatically reject his offer… im not saying these people are scammers.. but i will not take the risk to lose my pal and face criminal charges over few hundreds bucks. Then i will have to hire some lawyers to defend in court? It doesn't matter whether its a transfert or a trade. Its the same process and requirement and has nothing to do with the registry. The gun serial has to be linked to the pal number which you need to provide.
    Nope…it is not worth it. Gunshops always ask to see my card so i just do the same when im the seller.
    Last edited by Freegun; 05-17-2022 at 06:24 AM.

Update everyone.

February 3- Received application
    April 13- Credit card was charged
    April 13- Initial review completed
    May 17- Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number (1-800-731-4000).

Good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by Erwin.valena; 05-17-2022 at 11:58 AM.

BC RPAL
    Sent paperwork in Jan 10th
    Received Jan 31st
    CC Charged Apr 10th
    May 13th - your application has been processed and your license has been issued...
    Didn't phone/email anyone, just waited and checked every week till they approved me.

Tempted to camp out by my mailbox just to wait for the card, super excited...

update for me on pal/RPAL (ON)
    Sent in- Jan 29
    Received- "2022/02/03"
    Could log in to view status - April 7

Request for new picture in mail - April 25
    Sent in new photo - April 29
    Picture got there - May 3
    Still only says "We have completed the initial review of your firearms licence application. If additional information is required, you will be contacted. Please check the status again at a later date."

CGN frequent flyer Sunchild2071's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnacle Bill View Post
    BC RPAL
    Sent paperwork in Jan 10th
    Received Jan 31st
    CC Charged Apr 10th
    May 13th - your application has been processed and your license has been issued...
    Didn't phone/email anyone, just waited and checked every week till they approved me.

Tempted to camp out by my mailbox just to wait for the card, super excited...
    I am inclined that there are many like yours, and mine, that were dragged out as long as possible with the May 18th date clearly in mind.
    Are you taking over, or are you taking orders?
    Live free, live Cree!

Sure feels that way...

Quote Originally Posted by lightlysalteddinosaur View Post
    Alright I'll try it out, thanks and I'm glad she finally got it.
    After contacting my MPP office last week to explain the frustration of waiting so long and explaining them my situation, I FINALLY got a call today that confirmed my approval and my application has been updated online: "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued."

I am so happy to be done with the wait, its been over a year! Too bad I am completely broke right now! Haha!

Wish you all the best of luck.