Page 133 of 690 FirstFirst ... 113123125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141143153 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 6899

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by yz295 View Post
    Since the Liberals took over this process has grind to a halt. It look me 9 months to get my PAL and RPAL. This after calling god knows how many times and asking for updates and being told to wait another 6 weeks and call back. Then one time I called they put me through to the AB CFO office and did the interview right there. Didn't call any references, asked three questions and he said approved. My wife applied at the same time and still hasn't got hers. She hasn't called as much as me but the mentality is pretty disappointing in regards to the process. Seems like there is a built in long wait for whatever reason. When you call be polite and ask to be put through to the CFO office. Eventually they will process it. Our government doesn't want us armed but push for your rights while being respectful and polite. Trust me I know how frustrating it is. Be happy though because once you have it you will be shopping like crazy!
    As much as I want to blame the Liberals, I don't think they have anything to do with prolonged wait times. Some people are receiving their PAL/RPAL in record times, faster than has ever been accomplished in years. I know in my case, mine has moved through the process significantly faster than most timelines I'm seeing 100 pages ago, when Harper was in power.

The Liberals have done nothing to force the RCMP to act slower, and they haven't passed anything that would've led to this either. Your case might have taken 9 months, but I promise you thousands of people in 2013 waited just as long! I get where you're coming from though. But any delays at this point are 100% the RCMP or the CFO of your Province.

There's definitely no rhyme or reason to the differing wait times, but I don't think it's a political thing.
    Last edited by MoMoney; 09-19-2018 at 03:36 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    I agree with MoMoney’s sentiment. Mine RPAL was issued without phone calls in 35 days from the date they received my application. If the Liberals were intentionally slowing down the process in this era of fear mongering over restricted weapons, then all RPAL would require phone calls.

Yes you guys are probably both correct I just really wanted to blame the Liberals!

Does anyone know what the CFP / CFO will do in the event of a Canada Post strike? Would PAL's and registrations be sent by alternative means, such as courier? Or do they just not send anything out until a strike is resolved? Canada Post will be in a legal strike position Sept 26, no idea if they will go on strike or not, but if they do, just wondering what it means for those of us who at some point in the next 30-60 days might be getting that coveted PAL license.
    Member: CPC / CCFR / CSSA / NFR

I just called them today just to checked up on my application status. The lady on the phone told me that the current delay from application received to application processed (appear online) is 2-3 weeks. This is better than standard 28 days waiting period. Hopefully I will see my application online by next Thursday September 27 since they received it on September 5. Finger Crossed...

Yup. Mine was received in just over 3 weeks, others around the 3 week mark. Should show up around then for you!
    The 45 day period for approval is likely safe to get your hopes up for as long as there are no hold ups.

I'm on day 47 or so, but I'd have been approved a couple of days ago if it weren't for something coming up on my BG check. Will likely still be approved in under 60 days which I really can't complain about!

For reference when I got mine in the spring it was ~4months from being sent in to license being issued. It was in Alberta. No interviews, no boxes checked.

Here is my progress so far;
    Late August- Sept 8- took and passed PAL and RPAL
    September 19- Received stamped results back from FSESO
    September 19- Mailed in completed app and results via Xpresspost

Now the waiting game...will update as the process continues

On September 6, I did the PAL renewal online. My wife took my picture with a digital camera, and attached it to the application. Made payment by credit card. That night received an email confirmation: application received, and then a second email confirmation: payment received.
    Got my new PAL card in the mail yesterday, September 19. I am in Newfoundland.
    Born to hunt, forced to work.

Update:

Took courses Aug 4,5th.

Mailed application Aug 10th.

Showed received Aug 15th.

Got Application # Sept 06.

Faxed test scores Sept 07

Sept 20 - Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

Anyone know if we can ask for courier, as there might be a mail strike?