Page 203 of 688 FirstFirst ... 183193195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211213223 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 6872

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by xeronine View Post
    If I had started to hit some resistance, I would have kindly ended the call and then phoned back again. If it sounded like I got the same person when I called back I'd just hang up and try again. Just my opinion though. Seeing as others have gotten the number over the phone and the fact that she didn't go in to your file to note down anything, I'd say call and try again.
    I'd say it's definitely worth calling again and hoping for someone who is a little more considerate for others in the world. But it is possible that the RCMP has caught on to our little scheme of calling to get our numbers so we can order online in advance of getting our actual proof of licensing. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't want the influx of calls for this purpose and the inevitable problem that will arise when one of us gets caught with a gun and no proof of licensing...

Only tip I can offer other than the obvious be over the top polite is to make sure you get the person's name, write it down and politely say "Hi, Debby" for example as you are writing it down. People seem to be a little more helpful when they know you are recording their name. However, if they've all been briefed to no longer give out PAL numbers over the phone, then we will all have to wait that much longer...

Good luck,

FYI Mine was issued on March 21st. Still waiting...

GREAT NEWS! I called back, spoke to a wonderful representative who happily passed along my licence number and expiry date - all with a smile!! Restores faith in the world

That's awesome!
    The few times I've called, the folks seemed pretty dismal! Lol

Just a note on the expiry date, she told me it was my birth date and then 2025. I questioned her and said wouldn’t it be 2024... but she told me it’s effective as of your next birthday?

Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post
    Just a note on the expiry date, she told me it was my birth date and then 2025. I questioned her and said wouldn’t it be 2024... but she told me it’s effective as of your next birthday?
    Congrats on getting your number and correct expiry year. Sounds like my birth month has caused me to get less value out of my $60 than you. I'm assuming you've already had a birthday this year... Or maybe it's because my application was dated 2018...

Happy shopping...

Thanks for that - and for the advice!

Yeah my application went in in 2019 and my birthday was in February

Some more info, called in again today to see if my lic. had been printed yet. RCMP wbsite said lic. issued on March 21 guy i spoke to today said my lic. is still not printed and to expect it in another 2-3 weeks.

Okay guys/gals, it is possible I'm losing it again today (or day 165). Below is the letter I've drafted for my MP. I will be dropping this off in person today. Am I off my rails?

Dear Mr. McGuinty,

I need an explanation as to why the government sees it reasonable to take 6+ months to permit someone to purchase firearms. I signed up for the mandatory Canadian Firearm Safety Course CFSC November 2nd, 2018 and I am still waiting for my permit. I’ve missed fall deer hunting season, grouse hunting season, winter rabbit hunting season and now I’m about to miss spring turkey. I’ve missed all the black Friday and Christmas sales. I’ve even watched the prices on guns I’ve been wanting to buy go up with 2019 inflation or get discontinued from the lineup. I understand that guns are dangerous and have a negative opinion with a percentage of the uninformed public but we hunters are part of society too. How does putting us through this long a waiting period help Canadians? I’ve only got a fixed number of good hunting years left in me and a very small number of years left to create cherished life memories with my dad. This ridiculously long process has already unnecessarily cut out one of my few remaining hunting years.

Here is my suggestion. The minimum 28-day waiting period is obviously not necessary (I am over 165 days and still waiting). Change the minimum 28-day waiting period to a validated minimum 28-days between CFSC start date and PAL licence mailed out date. This leaves lots of room for negotiation since the process is currently taking over 6 months (so far…).

It is my understanding that hunters and firearm owners favour the conservative government when it comes to their hunting, shooting interests. Perhaps this could be an opportunity for the Liberal government to win back some of the otherwise conservative voting hunter/shooter demographic…

Feel free to copy/edit and mail to your local MP...
    Last edited by Icebane; 04-16-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Icebane.

If you want action rather than just an explanation, I suggest you revise your letter because your very first sentence asks for an explanation. An explanation is the last thing you want. You will end up with a very long winded story of how your wonderful parliamentarian and overworked government officials are trying hard to serve the nation.

Start your letter with "I need your help urgently". Then explain your problem only. Leave out any suggestions regarding policy, rules, procedures etc. Do include your personal story (hunting season family memories etc) Ask him to take specific actions on your behalf. "Please request the CFO for current status of my application and expected approval date."

Give your phone number, and number and date of the application and any other info that they can use to track down your case.

Keep it as short as possible so he can mark it to his personal staff for immediate action.

Hope it helps
    -- Saigol7

Quote Originally Posted by saigol7 View Post
    Icebane.

If you want action rather than just an explanation, I suggest you revise your letter because your very first sentence asks for an explanation. An explanation is the last thing you want. You will end up with a very long winded story of how your wonderful parliamentarian and overworked government officials are trying hard to serve the nation.

Start your letter with "I need your help urgently". Then explain your problem only. Leave out any suggestions regarding policy, rules, procedures etc. Do include your personal story (hunting season family memories etc) Ask him to take specific actions on your behalf. "Please request the CFO for current status of my application and expected approval date."

Give your phone number, and number and date of the application and any other info that they can use to track down your case.

Keep it as short as possible so he can mark it to his personal staff for immediate action.

Hope it helps
    Yeah, no you have misunderstood me or I've failed to communicate my intentions. I've already given up on mine. It is already way, way too unreasonably late. Another month wouldn't make a difference... This ridiculous process needs to be improved for all of us. Any suggestions on how to do that?
    Last edited by Icebane; 04-16-2019 at 12:05 PM.