Page 105 of 691 FirstFirst ... 8595979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113115125 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 6901

Thread: PAL Wait Time

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cabose369 View Post
    Here is my timeline:

Took PAL/RPAL course Sept. 23, 24.
    Recieved stamped results from Ontario CFO October 27
    Mailed out to RCMP October 30
    Recieved by RCMP November 3
    Still waiting for license to be issued...

I did answer yes on the loss of job question.

3 of us got our PAL's at the same time. 2 of us got our RPAL's. The 2 of us that got our RPAL's said yes for the loss of job question. Our buddy who didn't get his RPAL had all no's to his questions. He received his license January 9.

Checked the RCMP website Friday night, said the license was issued. Finally!! Now just time to wait for it to get here via snail mail.
    Arrived today. Then I went and bought a Glock 17 Gen 5. It was a good day!

I have a friend who has been waiting for for 15 months. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight, or suggestions on what to do at this point. Details below;

Courses completed and sent application in Oct 2016.

RCMP cleared and sent off to Alberta CFO office almost right away and payment was taken from credit card.

No issues with anything that would be delay the application on his end, no criminal record, nothing that would flag their system. No references have been contacted thus far.

It appears the issue is within the (Alberta) CFO offices.

First time he called the AB CFO was feb 2016 and was told it could take up to a year from original application, no problems reported.

Second call was Sept 2017. Almost a year from initial application, no answers, no resolution, was told it seemed longer than usual but it may take up to a year and to call back in 6-8 weeks.

Called back in November 2017, (7 weeks later) which is was just over a year from initial application. Was told that it doesn't usually take this long but they couldn't/wouldn't tell him why it took this long. Still no contact to references.

Still nothing at this point, 15 months in, he's going to call again this week. Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps a contact number or email we haven't tried?

If they rejected the application for some reason, are they required to inform him? This is by far the longest application wait time I've seen personally or even heard of. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks all!
    Last edited by Bucktown; 02-17-2018 at 04:14 PM.

Mine (NR and R) was exactly 45 calendar days from Received to Issued.. then just waited on Canada Post to deliver it.
    References not called (yet).
    In the running to have the most expansive 'ignore list' on the forum!

BOOYA!!
    Super stoked, just checked today and my status online says license has been issued. I'm a bit surprised that it was issued quickly since I had to fax in some documents this past Friday (apparently my first reference put the wrong date of signing).
    Timeline
    Took the PAL/RPAL Dec 9 & 10 2017.
    Mailed my application on January 11 received on January 18.
    Faxed my certification course (had to wait 4 weeks to be mailed back to me) & new signature from my reference last Friday February 16. Also I could not fax my supporting documents until I received an application number.
    Just checked today February 19, 2017 that it's issued. 33 calendar days from when my application was received. References were not called.

Quote Originally Posted by ian745 View Post
    the extension number for the BC CFO is 9530 call the main number 1-800-731-4000 keep in mind, you may not get the bc cfo, last time i tried they gave me one in Sask., doesnt matter, cause its all online, its not a piece of paper sitting on a desk somewhere, just call and be overly polite, get them laughing or smiling on the other end and they will be more willing to help out, rather then hearing grumpy people whining about how long it takes( note, i`m not saying you were, just making a general statement is all ), remember, the call centre agents are just that, call centre agents, getting mad or upset with them just means zero chance of a transfer to CFO, and if they do they will make sure the CFO office knows you were getting upset over the phone and ya, you will be waiting longer,

a friend is sitting at 18 months now cause he got a bit mad on the phone around day 60 i think it was, he`s given up calling, figures one day it`ll just show up

patience is key when dealing with them, if you push, they push you to the bottom of the list
    I called the BC CFO direct this morning and spoke to a nice lady who approved my application over the phone. I still have no rhyme or reason as to why it took 112 days to approve however I'm thankful i did call them directly as i have no idea how long it would have been if i didn't…no references called either!!!I immediately looked online after i got off the phone with the CFO just to make sure it was in fact for real haha - Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued!! Although its been a long painful wait at least i'll have the freedom now to not have to drag my girlfriend to the range every time i want to go shooting as she didn't expect that our new hobby would end up being our second home at the range lol
    Last edited by Carms; 02-20-2018 at 04:29 PM.

CGN Regular
    Took PAL/RPAL course Dec. 13.
    Recieved stamped results from Ontario CFO late January (had to get them re-sent)
    Received by RCMP Feb 1
    Showed up online Feb 22 - completed initial processing, please check at a later date.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    Holy crap.. submitted my renewal jan15.. just received it today. 5 weeks. Wow

Assistance if possible

Quote Originally Posted by DTC861 View Post
    Just an update guys, I helped him draft an official letter and he faxed it to the BC CFO office. within 30 minutes of sending the fax he got a call and was approved.
    Would you be able to provide me some guidance on drafting a letter as well? Im in Ontario, been waiting 6 months. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Blockdrops View Post
    Would you be able to provide me some guidance on drafting a letter as well? Im in Ontario, been waiting 6 months. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Did you have boxes checked? Have you called in and asked for update? Called cfo?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcue23 View Post
    Update
    Feb 13 Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

No references called

Wow it was actually approved on the 28th day! I have literally never heard of that!
    Feb 26 PAL/RPAL Arrived in mail

Going shopping tomorrow. Also Canada post seemed to be the slowest part of this process for me hahaha