Page 292 of 689 FirstFirst ... 272282284285286287288289290291292293294295296297298299300302312 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 6886

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeman View Post
    RPAL Application rec’d in Miramichi on Jan 20
    Credit card charged on Jan 29

Feb 17 (28 days after receipt)- Current Status: Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000)

Feb 24. RPAL arrives in mail. 35 days total.

This is in Alberta.
    No phone calls or enquires made. No reference checks. No interview.

Well on March 21 it will be one year since application arrived in Miramichi. Decided it was time to send an email to an MP.
    I noticed on "Gunblog" there was a story about a local Conservative MP took his PAL course. The pictures he posted sure looked familiar but
    the last picture confirmed it. It was the same place i took my course at. (picture of the MP with one of the instructors)

So i looked him up and sent off an email for help. I am a 5 year Conservative Party member so hopefully that is enough. My local MP is NDP so not sure i would get much help there.

There was a question farther up in thread to see if one HAS to use the local MP or can you use ANY nearby MP for help, guess i will find out the answer shortly.

New BC Applicant. R/PAL Applied Together. I have boxes ticked for depression and for a police incident when someone worried called in (zero incidences of harm or violence; technically doesn't even fall under the category but I checked it anyway since it'll show up on CPIC). Included signed documentation from healthcare practitioner attesting to such. Both my references are PAL holders; one works with the RCMP.

C(R)FSC Completion: 02/15-16/2020
    R/PAL Application Sent: 02/21/2020, CP Registered Mail (expected 02/28 delivery)
    CC Charged and Shown Up on Website: 03-16-2020

Boxes ticked probably means it'll take a while and also might be interview with CFO, right?
    Last edited by stealthy1; 03-16-2020 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Timeline

Yes, you will almost definitely have a over the phone interview. If you’re in Ontario, buckle up for a very very long wait.

Here's my story so far. Vancouver, BC

RCMP received mine 6th Jan, checked online daily, nothing. Called them up to follow up and it turns out they "sent" me a letter requesting a letter of recommendation from New Zealand back on the 8th Jan. Never received any letter from the RCMP. Now I have to request a recommendation from NZ which will take a couple of months AND another 45 days on top of that since my application has been sitting stale for over 50 days already.

Sigh.

Why couldn't I just be the 28 day guy, Had nothing but issues with the Canadian GOVT and RCMP, not even a single ticket to my name.
    Last edited by Nerd.Media; 02-27-2020 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Added Location

thats super annoying, i have a similar story actually. One of my references signature had expired and they required i have them fill out the reference section again for that person, so i asked if they could mail me the form to fill out, they claimed they did.. twice.. but it never showed up. finally i just went online and printed out my own (should have done that originally lol)

application been sitting at BC CFO's office since august 2019 now, i know my CFO's name but get denied when i ask if they can transfer me directly to him, "just call back in 3-4 weeks" .. well honestly im pretty non optimistic about getting approved now. i just hope i didnt do something stupid and accidentally forget to include all the information they might have wanted. Havent heard anything back from the MP i emailed but i wasnt really expecting a response after i sent it anyways.

ill be extremely upset to not get my license, i was instantly hooked the last time me and my friend went shooting. i had picked out my first purchases meticulously, got myself excited perhaps for nothing.

That sucks man!

I really hope im not in your boat, I've already dropped about 5k in parts etc I have an entire gun waiting for me :/

I just sent out my application for RPal on February 24. I have had my non restricted for a long time. We'll see how long it takes

CGN Regular
    Initial processing on Jan 31. Approved Feb 28. PAL and RPAL. No boxes checked. Alberta.

Quote Originally Posted by Roog View Post
    Initial processing on Jan 31. Approved Feb 28. PAL and RPAL. No boxes checked. Alberta.
    why yours so fast , mine already 60 days . I have to wait for many weeks