Page 87 of 689 FirstFirst ... 6777798081828384858687888990919293949597107 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by jstotts View Post
    Issued!

Province: Ontario

7/07 - CFSC/CFRSC Class

8/23 - Received Stamped CFO paperwork. Mailed application (registered mail).

8/25 - [Day 1] Application delivered to RCMP

9/8 - [Day 14] Talked to RCMP, said it may take 60 days to show up

9/27 - [Day 33] "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."

9/29 - [Day 35] "Your application has been received. It is currently being processed. You have been, or will be contacted either by phone or by mail for additional information. Please check the status again at a later date." [Contacted. Missing CFSC document. Faxed in.]

10/04 - [Day 40] Contacted, takes 2 weeks to get through faxes, probably won't get to my fax for 2 more weeks

10/13 - [Day 49] Contacted. Fax not processed yet. Try re-faxing.

10/16 - [Day 52] "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."

10/20 - [Day 56] "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000")
    This is very helpful...saved me the time of making a phone call to ask "have you got my application yet..." Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rgeldart View Post
    Update Oct 3 2017 (Day 113): Still with the CFO office. No eta according to the folks at the CFC. So far my experience with their information officers has been extremely pleasant but there is still no end in sight.. seriously considering contacting the NS CFO office to inquire but I’m afraid that it may push my application back even further.
    Update Oct 22 2017 (Day 132).. Still waiting, tried calling the NS CFO office to inquire as to why it's being held up on Oct 18, all I got was voicemail and even though their voicemail message said they would return calls within a business day, I have yet to be contacted.

This is ridiculous. All I did was be 100% honest with my application and check yes to being diagnosed with depression in the past 5 years. now I'm stuck waiting in what seems to be limbo.

What greatly annoys me about this whole experience is that nobody will tell me anything, just that it's "still in process.."

I have the full support of my wife (She even signed a letter stating her support which I included with my application) yet I feel like that doesn't matter.

I will continue to wait...

Quote Originally Posted by rgeldart View Post
    Update Oct 22 2017 (Day 132).. Still waiting, tried calling the NS CFO office to inquire as to why it's being held up on Oct 18, all I got was voicemail and even though their voicemail message said they would return calls within a business day, I have yet to be contacted.

This is ridiculous. All I did was be 100% honest with my application and check yes to being diagnosed with depression in the past 5 years. now I'm stuck waiting in what seems to be limbo.

What greatly annoys me about this whole experience is that nobody will tell me anything, just that it's "still in process.."

I have the full support of my wife (She even signed a letter stating her support which I included with my application) yet I feel like that doesn't matter.

I will continue to wait...
    Be patient buddy. Why not do something else to distract you from it?
    I am also waiting for approval.

My favourite PAL waiting activity is seeing sales come and go and rare stuff for good deals get snatched up. Hah

Quote Originally Posted by jstotts View Post
    Issued!

Province: Ontario

7/07 - CFSC/CFRSC Class

8/23 - Received Stamped CFO paperwork. Mailed application (registered mail).

8/25 - [Day 1] Application delivered to RCMP

9/8 - [Day 14] Talked to RCMP, said it may take 60 days to show up

9/27 - [Day 33] "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."

9/29 - [Day 35] "Your application has been received. It is currently being processed. You have been, or will be contacted either by phone or by mail for additional information. Please check the status again at a later date." [Contacted. Missing CFSC document. Faxed in.]

10/04 - [Day 40] Contacted, takes 2 weeks to get through faxes, probably won't get to my fax for 2 more weeks

10/13 - [Day 49] Contacted. Fax not processed yet. Try re-faxing.

10/16 - [Day 52] "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."

10/20 - [Day 56] "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000")
    Thanks for the update, gives me a sense of the updates they provide.

My application finally shows up online today after 45 days, and they have charged me my Fee for the License.

My status now shows "Current Status: Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date.".

Is it fair to assume that I am nearing completion of my application.

Does the completion of the initial processing, does that include references?

7/7 Completed CFSC/RCFSC courses
    8/11 Application mailed out
    8/15 Application received
    9/16 Application status available online (of course showing in processing)
    10/15 Online status changed to license issued
    10/20 PAL arrived in mailbox

btw, no call to my reference, no call to me for interview. I live in Richmond Hill

9/1 - CFSC/CFRSC Application Sent
    9/13 - Application received by the RCMP
    10/23 - Application appears online / Charged $80 / "Your application has completed initial processing. It is now in progress. Please check the status again at a later date."
    10/27 - Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued.
    11/07 - License Received

References have not been called.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    It's interesting (and not in a good way) to see how long the process takes. My stepson and my nephew sent out their PAL applications around Sept 20. My stepsons credit card was just billed today (November 7). He was all excited thinking it would now be on its way. I (apparently correctly, from the above) told him not to get excited as essentially all they did was take his money as soon as they opened the envelope. From the posts immediately above, it appears that he has at least a couple of more weeks to wait.

All of this is super maddening because, as we all know, there is no rational reason for it to take this long. The only reason it does is because Wendy had the ear of the Liberal swine we had in government in the 90s, and she and the Liberals wanted it to as a way of discouraging people. Institutional delays for no other reason than those swine wanted institutional delays in place.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

I have a question:
    where the PAL licences are been issued from?
    Are they been issued by Miramichi's RCMP or each province issue their PAL, From each provinces' CFO office?

It seemed to be a question of how big is it the CFO's ( personnels/staffs) office = how fast licences are issued ?
    Scratching my head.

Or is that there is a quota per provinces on how many licences to be issued per month?

I can not define any logic in how the time line are made.

The ONLY thing that I find it is common : we have to have patience to wait.....,

But that is no right......I think.

CGN Regular
    Ok, lets see how the 45 days apply.

Mailed my PAL forms back in Sep (by mistake let my old PAL expire) so had to resubmit a new application vice renewal.

Been checking online for a couple weeks and it finally showed up in the system with 26 Sep 17 as the receipt day or exactly 43 days ago, also saw that payment went through today.

So now how long will it take ....place your bets