Page 71 of 689 FirstFirst ... 516163646566676869707172737475767778798191 ... LastLast

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by mike445 View Post
    It was approved today! Here is my timeline:
    Feb-11&12-2017 - PAL/RPAL course.
    Feb-13-2017 - test scores mailed.
    March-6-2017 - received graded test scores.
    March-9-2017 - mailed application.
    March-15-2017 application received (found out after it showed up online April 11).
    April-11-2017 showed up online.
    April-11-2017 completed initial processing
    April-12-2017 reference called in.
    April-19-2017 license issued.

Now I'm gonna order me a S&W 629 4.2" 44 magnum and a S&W M&P 45.
    Mike C.
    Did my course on exactly the same dates but mailed my application on Feb 15th. On day 49 I phoned them, they needed one reference to call in. Got it issued the same day and I received it in the mail April 18th. Applied for ATT on April 19th. Bought my first gun today, April 20th. Now waiting for ATT and stored to process order which should result in a gun transfer document I need to receive in the mail before I can pick it up.

What is att

And how do I get in contact with my provincial (ont) cfo to help things move along? Or is this a bad idea to call and bother them?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 613perth View Post
    And how do I get in contact with my provincial (ont) cfo to help things move along? Or is this a bad idea to call and bother them?
    To "move things along", telephone 1 (800) 731-4000. They might hang up on you, but even if they do, just keep calling back; don't quit. When you manage to speak to an agent, ask for your "reference number" and confirm that your references have been interviewed. If they haven't, contact each of your references, provide them with your "reference number", and ask them to please telephone 1 (800) 731-4000. Tell them: "They might hang up on you, but even if they do, please just keep calling back; please, don't quit. When you manage to speak to an agent, please say 'I have a reference number', and then participate in the interview."

Once the CFP had done the interview(s), the file will be forwarded to your provincial firearms office.

Then, to "move things along", telephone 1 (800) 731-4000. They might hang up on you, but even if they do, just keep calling back; don't quit. When you manage to speak to an agent, say 'I have a reference number', and then ask the agent for the current status of your application.
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

What is att
    Your authorization to transport restricted Firearms. You need this, your PAL and the restricted gun's registration certificate everywhere you take it. And the ATT gives you a limited number of places you can take that gun. I applied for mine yesterday and haven't received it yet.

I have called i said I already have my application ref number and I am only doing pal they don't need to speak with refrences for a non restricted pal

What is att
    When you buy a new restricted they send you a new rpal card in the mail no need to apply for att

Looking for some help!
    Hi everyone I've been following this post for a while to see if I could get some help Below is my timeline:

Oct 22 2016 - Mailed Application For PAL
    Oct 31 2016 - Application received
    Nov 3 2016 - Money taken off Card to process payment
    Nov 10 2016 - Sent to BC CFO Office for final application process
    Dec 20 2016 - Called CFO Office to check status... Nothing told to call back in 3-6 weeks
    Jan 17 2017 - Called BC CFO to check again... Still nothing told that applications take time blah blah blah
    Feb 16 2017 - Same response as last two times, was told they will send a notice to CFO who has my file.
    Mar 6 2107 - Still nothing...
    Mar 28 2017 - Called in again, was told my application was still in the final checks and that my references have been called...I informed them that I was in contact with my references and that they were never contacted By CFO???? asked why it said this and got no response. I asked if I could get them to call in and was told that would be a good Idea they gave me the extension as well as my file number.
    Mar 29 2017 - both my references called in and were told that because I am only applying for a PAL that they do not contact references and that they should not have been told to call in????
    Apr 25 2017 - Just called in and the lady said that she was sending a notice to the person responsible for my file and hopefully that can expedite things.

Not sure how this process works, it seems like they pick and choose based on who has the easy applications instead of going through it in a request received process.

Am I doing something wrong, I have offered to provide any information they need in complete and full detail. Its been almost 6 months!!!! any help is appreciated.

Seems absurd.

That is ridiculous I hope that doesn't happen to me although mines been in the 'final approval' stage for three weeks now with now change