Page 119 of 690 FirstFirst ... 99109111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125126127129139 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 6897

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by Catzo View Post
    I called my MP about my delay and he said all he can do is call the same number that we all call and ask about my status on my behalf. They don't have some direct line to the person handling your application.
    Sure your MP can call in, theyre just going to say the same thing to him that they say to you, ie)- still being worked on, call back in a month.
    My experience has been very different. Most recently, I was sitting in the room with my sister and her (liberal!) MP when they called the RCMP and ask to speak to a supervisor. The person on the other end of the phone looked up the application and sent it off to the CFO on the spot. The next day I got a call from the CFO's office about a second interview as a reference. Later that day she text me about getting a call from the CFO about a second interview for her. Minutes later she text that her license was approved. (If you don't check "yes" to any of the questions you likely won't even have to go through those extra CFO interviews.)

Or by all means continue waiting patiently. Or get a lawyer and try going beast mode in court.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalseProphet View Post
    My experience has been very different. Most recently, I was sitting in the room with my sister and her (liberal!) MP when they called the RCMP and ask to speak to a supervisor. The person on the other end of the phone looked up the application and sent it off to the CFO on the spot. The next day I got a call from the CFO's office about a second interview as a reference. Later that day she text me about getting a call from the CFO about a second interview for her. Minutes later she text that her license was approved. (If you don't check "yes" to any of the questions you likely won't even have to go through those extra CFO interviews.)

Or by all means continue waiting patiently. Or get a lawyer and try going beast mode in court.
    Well after 2 months of calling Miramichi twice a week to be told 'still being worked on, call back later' I called the Ontario CFO today for the first time since my application was finally sent there and I was instantly transferred to the officer my case has been assigned to.

Apparently my application was flagged because I failed the background check but neither me or the officer know why. Whats more, I had to get a background check late last year for a job and it came up completely clean. She said she only reviews applications that involve a criminal record or mental health issue but could not figure out why my case was sent to her. I had no boxes checked.

Still we had an indepth 20min phone interview she was very thorough in her questioning. She thanked me for my time and gave me her direct line if i needed to reach her. My online application status is still saying 'processing'.

It is nice to finally have something happen though and now I can reach my officer directly no more Miramichi call center. And the officer assigned to my case was super friendly and understanding i couldnt ask for a better one.

For what its worth, she said she was currently working on flagged applications from november 2017 so if youre one of us unlucky few to get flagged theres a significant delay but call your cfo asap and see if you can help them out

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzo View Post
    For what its worth, she said she was currently working on flagged applications from november 2017 so if youre one of us unlucky few to get flagged theres a significant delay but call your cfo asap and see if you can help them out
    Jesus it’s bad enough we have to wait 2-3 months when there are no issues. I already have my PAL and own several NR firearms. The fact I have to go through this entire process again is absolutely criminal. There’s nothing criminal I could possibly do with restricted firearms that I couldn’t already do with Non restricteds. I can’t imagine adding another 8 months into the process for a flag.

I better call into CFO. Mine probably flagged. I agree criminal you pay for a course BEFORE even knowing 100% you will get approved. Criminal thay are too cheap to higher more cfo and delay to this extent. To be honest I know many RCMP. They find every excuse to delay because ALL of them I know think not 1 citizen should have a gun for ANY reason. HUNTING? ... Bow Hunt. Criminal our Government is allowed to put an ANTI GUN Ministry/Organization in charge of GUN CONTROL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomWarrior View Post
    I better call into CFO. Mine probably flagged. I agree criminal you pay for a course BEFORE even knowing 100% you will get approved. Criminal thay are too cheap to higher more cfo and delay to this extent. To be honest I know many RCMP. They find every excuse to delay because ALL of them I know think not 1 citizen should have a gun for ANY reason. HUNTING? ... Bow Hunt. Criminal our Government is allowed to put an ANTI GUN Ministry/Organization in charge of GUN CONTROL

Give your head a shake man. So in your opinion, you shouldn’t have to pay for university without some guarantee you’ll get the career you want first ???

Sorry pal, you pay your money, take the course and then hope you get accepted. Just like everything else in life. It’s part of being an Adult. When you get older, you’ll understand.
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

Quote Originally Posted by padawan View Post
    Give your head a shake man. So in your opinion, you shouldn’t have to pay for university without some guarantee you’ll get the career you want first ???

Sorry pal, you pay your money, take the course and then hope you get accepted. Just like everything else in life. It’s part of being an Adult. When you get older, you’ll understand.
    How about this CRAZY IDEA ... You apply . If accepted , you must do course prior to any license issued. ABSOLUTE thievery by our Government to require the course prior. In 2016 688 people were declined P.A.L. With 13% gst and course usually $200. The Government collected 17+ k in gst they would not have otherwise got. There is ZERO reason for any Individuals to be doing or paying a course for which they will not be eligable for a P.A.L. Just criminal.

P.S. I am actually almost retirement age .... Have many years experience on crooked Government & crooked cops!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzi View Post
    My timeline so far.
    Completed CFSC, and CFRSC May 9th, 2018
    Received stamped test results June 6th, 2018
    Application arrived in Miramichi June 8th, 2018
    As of today it's yet to appear online.
    An update, My application appeared online today (July 18, 2018).

Although I got a message, basically saying I will be contacted via mail, or phone due to missing information.

I called Miramichi, and the rep had told me that there was in issue with my photo, but she couldn't figure out what the issue was. Everything looked to be in order, I was told to give them a call in 5 days for an update.

CGN frequent flyer RifleGirl1986's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzi View Post
    An update, My application appeared online today (July 18, 2018).

Although I got a message, basically saying I will be contacted via mail, or phone due to missing information.

I called Miramichi, and the rep had told me that there was in issue with my photo, but she couldn't figure out what the issue was. Everything looked to be in order, I was told to give them a call in 5 days for an update.
    This gives me some hope. I called in today and they still do not have a file # so I can send my course results in. They received my application on June 13th. Will call again on Friday to check in on the status.

Good luck. Ontario cfo has had my file over 100 day nays now and the officer in charge of it is now on vacation..... My tax dollars hard at work

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalseProphet View Post
    Everyone I've ever known to have problems and delays getting a PAL has made a call to their MP and had their license in hand within 2 weeks.

This is a drastic oversimplification and should not be taken seriously.
    I contacted my MP 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing back, much less have a licence issued. So... Still waiting closing in on 6 months