Page 593 of 690 FirstFirst ... 573583585586587588589590591592593594595596597598599600601603613 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 6897

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by CdnLibertarian View Post
    I also have Kam, my application was received in early May and CC charged on August 13.....I've contacted them by phone and through email and both times they told me "it's a 9 month wait" and nothing further. I'm still waiting and looks like my application is just under a pile collecting dust, while much newer applications are being processed.

I'm so sick and tired of my tax money paying incompetent people like this.
    I feel your pain
    Last edited by Markusdb; 11-12-2022 at 12:30 PM.

I also have Kam, my application was received in early May and CC charged on August 13.....I've contacted them by phone and through email and both times they told me "it's a 9 month wait" and nothing further. I'm still waiting and looks like my application is just under a pile collecting dust, while much newer applications are being processed.

I feel your pain
    Last edited by Markusdb; 11-12-2022 at 12:30 PM.

My Application in Ontario was recieved April 8th have seen the generic message we recieved your app and if any further info blah blah blah

I imagine hell will freeze over before I get mine

son in law is in same boat
    Last edited by timsmish; 11-11-2022 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timsmish View Post
    My Application in Ontario was recieved April 8th have seen the generic message we recieved your app and if any further info blah blah blah

April 8? When did they charge your card?

Maybe send them an email to get an update and in their response see if "Kam" is managing your application. Seems to be the common denominator for these excessive delays.

There are folks on this thread who had their applications received in August and even September and have had their applications approved. In some other cases it looks like a call or email to them got the ball rolling again. It's sad we even need to do this.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Yea it's depressing as hell man, I actually thought I was going to be able to purchase a handgun when my CC was charged in August (which is literally the only reason I even got my license).

Now I've just stopped caring, it can take till 2023 for all I care. This Kam person is a bozo

Non-restricted application in AB info.

PAL application received Dec. 6, CC charged Jan 18, sent to ABFO around the end of March as per the CFP. It is still in "completed initial review" on online portal. No references contacted yet.

ABCFO says my application has not been assigned an officer for review. They state reviews can take up to 16-18 months. If that's the case, it will be approximately 2.5 years at most since it has already been a year of processing.

This whole time, the CFP said there is nothing wrong with my application. The ABCFO won't say if they think anything is wrong with my application, so I can't fix any problems they might have with it. This is likely because it hasn't actually been assigned to an officer yet.

I have involved my representatives and expressed that this feels unfair and inequitable, especially since so many folks are receiving their applications from August and September. The ABCFO stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by thegazelle View Post
    April 8? When did they charge your card?

Maybe send them an email to get an update and in their response see if "Kam" is managing your application. Seems to be the common denominator for these excessive delays.

There are folks on this thread who had their applications received in August and even September and have had their applications approved. In some other cases it looks like a call or email to them got the ball rolling again. It's sad we even need to do this.
    they havent yet!

I called and they said minimum 9 months, will be calling again this week

they havent yet!

I called and they said minimum 9 months, will be calling again this week
    What a travesty! There is a thread in the General Forum where another member mailed it Sept 21, his/her credit card was charged less than a week later and their card just arrived. Absolutely no rhyme or reason behind the CFC/CFO's processing and / or approval methodology.

I would definitely say there is an issue if your card wasn't charged yet. As inconsistent as the wait times/processing times are, it does seem more or less consistent that your card is charged shortly after they open your application envelope. Mine was received on Sept 21, but they opened it on Nov 8, backdated it to when it was actually received and charged my card the same day. Maybe in addition to calling, there are emails you can reach the CFO's office - a previous poster posted the Ontario one but you may be able to change the two-digit provincial suffix and try that...

Ah, here is the Ontario one: CFOON@cfp-pcaf.ca. You can try changing it to CFOAB@cfp-pcaf.ca for Alberta, for example or CFOMB@cfp-pcaf.ca, for Manitoba or whatever two digits your province is. - not saying it will work, but anything's worth a try at this point in addition to the calls.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

This is another example of how bigger government is not more efficient, but more wasteful and inefficient. A Travesty indeed!

I called them today, several times, and got the automated message that everyone is too busy and to keep calling to get in touch with an agent. I doubt the extension is even in queue, its simply forwarded to VM.

I have also emailed CFOON@cfp-pcaf.ca as my status has not changed in over a month. I'm waiting to hear back. I did receive an automated email stating:

Due to the May 18 and May 30, 2022 announcements from the federal government regarding changes to firearms legislation under Bills C-21 and C-71, there has been an unprecedented number of handgun sales and transfer requests which have resulted in an influx of calls and emails to the CFP and to the Chief Firearms Office of Ontario. We appreciate your continued patience.
    I would guess that they are diverting resources away from PAL/RPAL applications and focusing on the influx of requests for handgun sales and transfer requests. Nothing like creating a problem without anticipating any sort of outcome/fallout.

I will update if anything comes from my efforts.

Cheers,
    C.

What I did is sent an email requesting an update but did not include any of my information. Soon after I received a request for my name and information which I sent in.Half an hour later I got a message back that license was approved. It all seems to matter who you get at least at the Ontario CFO office some can be helpful other just say call back after 9 months.