Page 332 of 690 FirstFirst ... 312322324325326327328329330331332333334335336337338339340342352 ... LastLast
Results 3,311 to 3,320 of 6899

Thread: PAL Wait Time

I recommend people write to there local MP and describe the ridiculous wait times that are taking place at the CFP. I know that the Trudeau government likes to use COVID-19 as an excuse for everything, but the egregious wait times experienced by law-abiding Canadians precedes the pandemic. I wrote my MP; I was pleasantly surprised with the effort put forward, as she is actively pursuing this matter on my behalf. The amount of bureaucracy involved in running SIMPLE background and reference checks is outdated, inefficient, and unacceptable.

I already had a PAL however I was upgrading to the RPAL...

Package received in Miramichi: May 12, 2020
    Status online changed and CC charged: September 03, 2020
    Application approved and card issued: September 25, 2020

Called yesterday just as it was approved and was advised that my new card will be sent out on Monday the 28.

4 months for me from when my application was received to when card was issued...

I did my PAL/RPAL in January, submitted in February, said "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000) " since August. Called a couple times, same thing everytime. "We'll look into it and someone will contact you shortly". Getting frustrating. Wanted to get back into range shooting, but can't buy ammunition. Can't buy new guns.

I used to have a FAC but lost it, haven't used my guns since at least 2000. Have been sitting in the safe since then, been too busy with other things. Wanted to get back into it, was told I needed both. Now 4 of my 5 guns are prohibited, the only one that isn't prohibited is restricted. Really sad what our government has done.

Quote Originally Posted by rbtschmek View Post
    I did my PAL/RPAL in January, submitted in February, said "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000) " since August. Called a couple times, same thing everytime. "We'll look into it and someone will contact you shortly". Getting frustrating. Wanted to get back into range shooting, but can't buy ammunition. Can't buy new guns.

I used to have a FAC but lost it, haven't used my guns since at least 2000. Have been sitting in the safe since then, been too busy with other things. Wanted to get back into it, was told I needed both. Now 4 of my 5 guns are prohibited, the only one that isn't prohibited is restricted. Really sad what our government has done.
    Don’t quote me but I believe there was an article A few weeks ago saying you can use your firearms without the physical card because they’re so backed up.
    Ask for your pal number and you can purchase things online and get it shipped!

I bought like 4 firearms before ever getting my physical card.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by s13skyline View Post
    Don’t quote me but I believe there was an article A few weeks ago saying you can use your firearms without the physical card because they’re so backed up.

You can't. Do not use your firearms unless you have card in hand. You can buy and keep firearms at your house but if you go out with them you need proof of license with you. And in the case I'm wrong, do you really want to risk the headache that comes with an arrest?

Quote Originally Posted by Staudy View Post
    4 months for me from when my application was received to when card was issued...
    Thanks for the note. Enjoy your rpal

I called in, got my PAL number and expiry after approval. Odered a bunch of stuff online which was delivered prior to my PAL arriving. However, I never took the risk of having it in my vehicle without a license on me. I waited till license arrived before even thinking of going anywhere with my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by soheipp View Post
    You can't. Do not use your firearms unless you have card in hand. You can buy and keep firearms at your house but if you go out with them you need proof of license with you. And in the case I'm wrong, do you really want to risk the headache that comes with an arrest?
    https://www.ofah.org/firearms/ofah-l...-pal-renewals/

If you can “prove” you have a licence.

CGN Regular
    https://www.ofah.org/firearms/ofah-l...-pal-renewals/

If you can “prove” you have a licence.
    Interesting. Still a risk I wouldn't take. Problem with firearms is its not like a driving ticket and you just pay a fine worst case. Every firearms violation is criminal and the baggage that comes with that is something nobody needs in their life. How many times do innocent people get charged for something incorrectly. Many times. Runkle posted a video about a guy who kept a snap cap in his rifle. Got pulled over and the police checked the firearm and subsequently charged the man with transporting a loaded firearm and negligent possession of a firearm or something like that. Now the man was found innocent in court but this dragged on for years. Imagine his mental state all this time. He was arrested, booked, spent some time in jail until bail hearing. But it only takes some bad luck and an ill-informed police officer to ruin your life.