Page 167 of 688 FirstFirst ... 147157159160161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175177187 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 6872

Thread: PAL Wait Time

Quote Originally Posted by chris0wnz View Post
    Called in today. Told application still has to go to CFO (day 38). I don't understand how some go to there CFO offices so quickly and others don't. Located in alberta btw.
    I think it all depends on the provincial CFO. It seems here in Ontario it's pretty quick, but in Alberta and BC it seems to drag on. Don't fret though, I was told the same thing two days ago. Today it was issued.

Quote Originally Posted by miigman View Post
    I think it all depends on the provincial CFO. It seems here in Ontario it's pretty quick, but in Alberta and BC it seems to drag on. Don't fret though, I was told the same thing two days ago. Today it was issued.
    Mine is with quebec cfo since december 1st and I've been told today it wont be processed before february at least.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmaks View Post
    Congrats!

Was this for Rpal or pal?
    Both

Quote Originally Posted by vildric View Post
    Mine is with quebec cfo since december 1st and I've been told today it wont be processed before february at least.
    Oh man that sucks! Hopefully it slips through faster for you.

BC CFO now requires form completion for application to specify Target or Collector status (you can still target shoot with the Collector status) before determining if the RPAL/PAL is renewed. Interestingly, it would seem that the actual expiry date is of little concern.

I really haven't decided yet! I said to myself when I first passed my course that the first gun I wanted was an AR15. However, I need to join a club and get an ATT before I can even purchase a restricted firearm. So I don't know yet. I'll have to go to NAS Guns and Ammo to see what they have. I have a 10% off coupon there so that will help.

I'm going to try calling to see if I can get my PAL number and expiration date so I can give it to the club I want to join. Then I can get to buying online lol.

What are you thinking for your first?
    My first was made day of. Now it’s a waiting game to see if the card comes before the guns. I got a Daniel defense m4 version 7 and a sig m17 pistol.

Just called, the lady on the phone gave me my PAL number and said my card should be sent out today or tomorrow. At least I can give my number to the club I want to join..... And get in on some online deals hehe...

CGN Regular
    I really haven't decided yet! I said to myself when I first passed my course that the first gun I wanted was an AR15. However, I need to join a club and get an ATT before I can even purchase a restricted firearm. So I don't know yet. I'll have to go to NAS Guns and Ammo to see what they have. I have a 10% off coupon there so that will help.

I'm going to try calling to see if I can get my PAL number and expiration date so I can give it to the club I want to join. Then I can get to buying online lol.

What are you thinking for your first?

You don't need to be a range member to get a restricted or an ATT. You just tell them you got to ranges around your area with friends that are members. Don't let anyone bs and say you have to be a member of a club to buy a restricted.

my pal application timeline

october 22th 2018 : application sent

october 25th 2018 : application received by rcmp

november 22th 2018 : application show up online

november 29th 2018 : call rcmp, told no informations are missing, and to call back "in a few weeks" if i dont receive my pal.

december 11th 2018 : call rcmp, told my application is in final process, with quebec cfo, shouldnt take too long at this point and to call back in two or three weeks if i dont have my pal.

december 17th 2018 : Your application has been processed and your application has been issued.

MAN THAT FEELING.

Is it safe to call RCMP to get PAL number and order a gun online before receiving the card?

After all I'm legal, I just dont have the paper in hand yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief hill View Post
    You don't need to be a range member to get a restricted or an ATT. You just tell them you got to ranges around your area with friends that are members. Don't let anyone bs and say you have to be a member of a club to buy a restricted.
    This is news to me! I thought that you had to send the RCMP a copy of your range membership before they can assign you an ATT.